- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well... what a long and strange trip it's been. Here we are people. the final chapter... kind of. XD

I had written something else after this, but I cut it out and plan on posting it a couple days from now. This story has a lot of directions and turns, and in my mind they all lead out perfectly but on paper... not so much.

But, i'm hoping this will do for now, and if there's something you still want to know, i assure you the last part i post afterwards will cover it.

But, all good things have to end. so i wont drag this on any longer.

 

Enjoy...

Crying into her arms as sadness enveloped her, Claire wailed loudly not caring if anyone heard her. She was hurt. Sitting behind the Daycare with her knee’s tucked into her chest and her arms draped over them, the brunette continued to sob as she let her emotions roll out of her. How could she have been this wrong… wrong about them…

 

They told her they loved her… but they were just playing puppet master with her for years. And all for what?! She still didn’t know what the hell their plan was. That had been one detail that the twins hadn’t disclosed to her in their memories.

 

‘W-Why me… why am I always being betrayed by the people I think are my friends?’ It wasn’t fair! “C-C-Claire?” Stiffening, the older girl looked up slowly with a broken expression as she gazed at the small pink haired child standing over her. “C-Can I sit with you… p-please?” Biting her lower lip, Claire tried to tell her to leave… but she couldn’t.

 

Was she being controlled now too! She knew May could influence her… But no, she wasn’t. She wanted the company. Lowering her knees, Claire nodded quietly before patting her knee's. Moving over to the older girl, May was silent as she sat down on her lap before leaning into her. Sitting in relative silence for a few minutes, Claire wondered if either of them would even speak or if the girl simply came as moral support.

 

Moving her hands around May slowly, Claire hugged her gently before burying her face in the small bunny hoodie behind the girls head. “P-Please don’t cry…” Gritting her teeth, Claire shook as she tried to obey her… but she couldn’t. This time it was very apparent she was being given a command. Sniffling quietly, Claire looked up at May in pain as she saw the younger girls tear filled eyes.

 

“I can’t…” She choked out. Whimpering, the pinkette crawled around in her lap before facing Claire and hugging her back. “B-But I asked nicely.” Feeling her lips twitch into a small smile, the brunette shook her head. “I-It doesn’t work like that…” Sitting in silence once more, both girls cried now as the events that had unfolded passed through their minds.

 

“A-A-Are you going to leave us?” Looking up at Claire slowly, May waited for an answer… but she didn’t receive one. It looked like not even she knew the answer to that question. “H-Hey…” Blinking slowly, Claire looked up once again before saddening. Making her way over to the two crying girls, Kai put on a fake smile as she joined them.

 

“Heavy stuff, right?” She chuckled, before scowling as she saw the emotionless expression over Claire’s features. “I… I know Sophia and Alexis messed up, I mean big time on this. But, May’s right. You’re not actually considering leaving us… right? Not after, not after everything we’ve been through…” Turning her head away, Claire was quiet, but it seemed Kai had just as much of an effect on her as May had.

 

Sighing, the brunette wiped her dampened cheeks off on the girl's pink jacket before looking up at Kai. “H-How can I possibly stay here… after, this?” Shivering, Kai tried to remain calm but her expression showed she was failing horribly. “B-B-But, but you can’t just l-leave us!” She stuttered out. Feeling tears form once more, Claire’s only response was her outstretched arm.

 

Joining May, Kai fell into Claire before hugging her close. “P-Please don’t leave… we love you, Claire…” May whimpered quietly as she clung to Claire tightly. Nodding her head, Kai croaked quietly as her tears finally came out as well. She didn’t want the girl leaving any more than the others did.

 

Sitting quietly between the two girls she had come to know and love within such little time, Claire smiled softly as she held them close. She would miss them… all of them. But, she couldn’t just ignore something like this. The twins had practically stolen her life from her. They had made her move away from home… and come to a different state entirely.

 

Perhaps it was time… time for her to go home… “H-H-HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING LILITH?!”, “L-Lily?!” Opening her eyes back up, Claire looked up in surprise as both May and Kai staggered off of her before walking robotically forward. Coming into view, Lily’s hand rose as she made the two other girls present stand at attention.

 

“LILY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Kai screeched angrily. This had been the first time the raven-haired girl had actually controlled them like this! Giving no verbal response, Lily simply moved her hand as the two screaming girls began to walk away. “H-H-Hey, Lily, stop it! What are you going to do?!” “L-L-Lily let me go!” May whined before both girls moved out of view presumably back inside the Daycare.

 

Watching quietly, Claire’s brow furrowed as she saw the girl make some other strange hand gestures before lowering her arm. However… as her eyes moved to Claire, the brunette grew worried. She looked mad. Marching over to Claire, the younger girl said nothing as her hand rose. “L-Lily?”

 

 

*Slap*

 

 

Hearing a gentle ringing in her ears, along with a painful stinging on her right cheek, Claire's face was turned sideways now before she moved her head back up to look at Lily’s… tear filled eyes? Glaring at Claire, Lily clenched her fists as she stared down at the girl. She couldn’t believe what she had seen and heard come out of her mouth…

 

“Shut… up.” Touching her cheek slowly, Claire flinched from the pain she felt where she had just been hit. “L-L-Lily…?” Gritting her teeth, the raven haired girl shook her head angrily. “Shut up… shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!” Gazing at the enraged girl in confusion, Claire tried to speak but she was beaten to it.

 

“STOP SAYING THAT YOU’RE GOING TO LEAVE!” Feeling realization dawn on her why Lily was acting the way she was now, Claire grew saddened. “L-Lily… I-“, “I said shut up!” Feeling her mouth forcibly shut, Claire gawked before looking back at the angry girl.

 

Cupping face, Lily shivered as she felt her internal voice rising. “S-Stop… saying, these things! You’re not leaving us…” Shivering with fear, Claire crawled back against the wall slowly. Was this Lily talking… or had her other half taken control again? Panting slowly, Lily removed her hand from her face before sighing slowly.

 

Moving her arms back to her sides as she released control over Claire, the raven-haired child continued to glare hatefully at her. “You’re acting like a fool!” Looking up at the younger girl in shock, Claire growled angrily before standing up abruptly.

 

“W-W-What the hell does that mean! You think me wanting to leave this place because I was forced to come here makes me some kind of idiot?!” Growling, Lily nodded her head angrily before crossing her arms. “I’d call you a child, but that would be an insult to us! Only a fool would cast blame one-sidedly! You are a fool, Claire Abernathy! You weren’t forced to come here, you chose to!”

 

As her mouth hung agape, Claire no longer hid her surprise before screaming. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I DIDN’T ASK TO BE BROUGHT HERE! SOPHIA AND ALEXIS PLAYED ME!” Narrowing her eyes, Lily nodded her head slowly before raising her hand.

 

Gritting her teeth as she was forced onto her knees, Claire soon kneeled down in front of Lily as the child met her anger head on. “Yes… they did. But ask yourself this… who wanted to escape from her horrible life? Who wanted to get away from it… who wanted to leave?” Opening her mouth, Claire wet her lips to speak… but nothing came out.

 

“You can’t lie to me Claire; I’m inside your head! You want to run away because you’re hurt. The twins hurt you and you want to flee like you always do! You always run away… You did it from Brittney, and now you’re doing it to us…” Whimpering, Claire looked away bitterly before crying out in pain as her head was forced back in place. “Look me in the eyes and tell me right now… that your life now, is worse, then when the damned twins came into it…”

 

Choking on her words, Claire tried to say yes… but all that came out was a garbled response. Closing her eyes Lily simply scoffed. “I thought as much… You can’t just leave. Not after everything you’ve done for us, Claire. Not after what you did for me... We won’t let you.” Glaring at Lily, Claire found her voice slowly before raising it.

 

“A-And do you expect me to just sit by and let the Sophia and Alexis control me!” Shaking her head, Lily sighed before releasing her hold on Claire once again. “They can’t control you, Claire, they never could. Not you… I don’t expect you to just sit by and do nothing; you have been wronged after all. But I expect you to make the right decision about it first. You proved to me you were special. You showed me your true nature. And the Claire I discovered wouldn’t simply ignore the facts in front of her!” Lily snapped.

 

Going quiet, Claire fell mute as she stared at the ground in front of her. “I… I gave you my trust Claire.” Looking up slowly, Claire soon felt her breath hitch as she saw something surprising. Lily… was crying again. Glaring at the older girl once again, Lily sniffled before wiping down her cheeks. “I gave you, that which I never give. And in a day you tried to throw it away… We were all betrayed by the Twins, Claire. Don’t betray us like they did too…”

 

Shivering, Claire tried to speak, but Lily had already turned her back on her. Walking away from the defeated brunette, Claire was now alone as she kneeled on the ground somberly. Lowering her gaze, she shook her head slowly before pulling her knee’s out from under her and back against her chest.

 

She had to think. Maybe… maybe, she couldn’t see clearly with so much pain. Maybe… Lily had some truth to her words. Closing her eyes as she cried once again, Claire remained there as she contemplated all that had befallen her that morning.

 

 

Would she ever trust them again? Would anything be the same? Could she forgive them…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ Two hours later ~

 

 

Moving her hand around the door to the Daycare, Claire shivered as she tried to muster her courage. She wanted to leave. And a part of her didn’t know if she’d return if she did. But, that was why she was doing this. Lily was right, she wanted to run away. When it came to a confrontation, she always chose flight over fight. Not this time, though.

 

Pushing the door aside, the brunette soon walked in before making her way over towards the back of the Daycare. She knew where they were. Glancing to the three familiar girls sitting outside the door, Claire approached quietly as they stared inside.

 

“Claire?” Rising slowly, Kai smiled up at her before giving the girl a quick hug. “A-Are you staying?” Remaining silent, the older girl looked inside the room before frowning. “Why are you all out here?” Scowling as her dire question was avoided, Kai tried to speak but Lily took command of their small group.

 

“It’s the Twins. They won’t let us approach them. I tried to enter the room to speak to them, and I was sent back out. I’m pretty sure only one of us can go in there, Claire.” She whispered darkly. Clenching her fists, the brunette sighed silently already knowing who that someone was.

 

What was she going to say? Glancing back to the three girls present, Lily, Kai, and May, Claire soon grew troubled. “A-And Kat?” shaking her head, Lily lowered her gaze. “She never left.” Licking her lips, Claire took a deep breath before pushing the door aside and entering. However, unlike Lily, she was permitted to enter.

 

‘I guess she was right again…’ Walking past the vacant room, Claire looked across the room before glaring. Sitting in the same place as they had been hours ago, was Sophia and Alexis… however, they looked… for want of a better term, possessed.

 

Both girls had hung their heads letting their golden locks fall freely over their faces. And their bodies were deathly still. It didn’t even look like they were breathing. Moving inward more, Claire quietly shivered as she felt the oppressive feeling parading around the room. Circling the girls carefully, fear evident in her step for the first time since meeting them, Claire made her way towards the smaller girl tightly packed into a ball who was currently just as still as the blondes were in the corner.

 

Standing over Kat, Claire looked down at the younger girl sadly before touching her. “Kat… Look at me.” Shaking the girl gently, the brunette grit her teeth. She wasn’t responding to her. “Kat, I said look at me!” Feeling her lower lip tremble as her command fell on deaf ears, Claire closed her eyes before picking the girl up, ball and all.

 

Feeling her flinch as she was gently held, Claire ignored her. She’d come back to Kat once she finished with the Twins. Stepping back out of the room, the older girl moved next to the other girls before setting Kat down. “H-Hey, is Kat alright?” Shaking her head, Claire moved back to the room before entering once more.

 

She wanted to stay with Kat and try to get her to speak… but she needed to speak to them first. She had to know the truth. Jumping as the door was shut behind her of its own accord, Claire turned slowly before narrowing her eyes. “Do you not want your friends to hear this…”

 

Raising their shimmering red eyes as they sulked, both Sophia and Alexis looked up at Claire before one of the chairs at the table pushed itself out. Not backing down from the open invitation, Claire stepped up to the small table before sitting herself down. Feeling seconds tick by, Claire waited for them to speak… but, it seemed like they wanted her to make the first move.

 

They were scared. “Is there anything else you’re hiding from me?” Flinching from the blatant question directed at them, neither blonde said a word as they felt the anger rolling off their lover. She was still sad… but now she was channeling it into anger. Rage towards them.

 

Looking to her sister, Alexis shook her head slowly before Sophia met her eyes. “W-We groped you on many occasions. We always asked to sit on your lap back at the docks, but we just wanted to feel your breasts pressing into us. We’re sorry…”

 

Feeling her face light up instantly from the bizarre response she had not been expecting, Claire silently growled. “T-T-THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEANT!” Nodding slowly, they both sighed before crossing their arms. “Our names are as follows. Sophia Artiste,” “and Alexis Artiste. We’re 15 years old and have lived here in Philadelphia all our lives. We want to change the world and we do things… stupid things, sometimes to achieve our goals.” “We love our Mother and our friends, and only hate Monsters. And we tell you this now to show you the truth. We love you, Claire… and there are no more lies between us. We are laid bare before you.” "Ask us whatever you want... and we will answer."

 

They finished slowly before closing their eyes. Biting her tongue, Claire watched them closely, but they seemed finished now. “So there is nothing now that you haven’t told me? Nothing at all.” Opening her eyes first, Alexis glared at Claire from the double sided question she asked her. “We didn’t tell you our plan because we are giving you a chance. You… you can still wash your hands of us…”

 

Clenching her fists beneath the table, Claire kept a stony expression as she waited. Looking to Sophia now, the older of the two nodded before meeting Claire’s gaze. “We have wanted nothing but peace, all our lives Claire. We’ve wanted to rid the world of Monsters, the people who corrupt it. So we set out to do that the fastest way we could. But then we met you. You showed us there is always another way to achieve your goals… and you made us realize this through your actions. You helped us see this plan through, and we had hoped to only bring you into the fold, once we achieved it. Peace. But we couldn’t just let you… let you try to kill yourself again. Even if it was a slim chance, we could not, and would not, allow it. So we deceived you… and act we are greatly ashamed of and know you will never forget, regardless if we try and make you or not.” Sophia whispered quietly before lowering her head in shame.

 

“We weren’t lying… about our love for you Claire. My sister and I have never felt as strong a connection before, as we have with you. Not even for our own Mother. And that’s why we will take all your hate, and bare it… so long as you live.” Biting her tongue, Claire remained quiet as she let her continue. She wanted to hear it all first before she spoke.

 

Licking her lips to speak again, Alexis’s hand soon stopped her causing the older of the two to look to her. Nodding her head thankfully, Alexis took it upon herself to finish saying what her sister started. “Through our world, there are just too many things that people can use for hate. Gender, race, beliefs, there’s simply too much. But…” Alexis paused before a small smile made its way to her lips.

 

“What is the one thing, that every person is capable of creating? What is the one thing, that no matter the differences people possess, they can still achieve? What is the one thing that through the entire world there is an overabundance of that people takes for granted in their day to day lives? The one thing… that is so innocent and pure, it shines as brightly as you do Claire?”

 

Furrowing her brow, the cogs in her mind ticked slowly as she processed Alexis’s words before her eyes slowly widened. “C-Children…?” Nodding her head, both Twins smiled brightly. “From birth to a certain age, children are pure, plain and simple. There is no such thing as a Monster being born, only a child. But it’s the actions people take and give that turn children as innocent and pure as they are, into Monsters.” Sophia muttered darkly.

 

“It is our goal, our new one that you gave us… that we realized what we had to do.” Alexis stated firmly. Smiling proudly, Sophia joined her sister as they looked to Claire, their sadness not as bad now as they explained to her their goals… the goals she helped them understand and realize. “We plan on not just removing Monsters from the picture Claire… but stopping the furthering of them for humanity. We’re going to fix children now so that they won’t turn into Monsters and continue the vicious cycle we are currently living in now. This is our goal, Claire. This is what we brought you into…”

 

Shaking her head slowly, Claire was silent now, not so much because she was listening… but because she couldn’t believe what she had just heard. They, wanted to fix adolescence? T-That just wasn’t possible. Smirking, Sophia laced her fingers before shaking her head. “it’s very possible Claire. And even if it were not, would we simply let the impossible stop us? Have we ever?”

 

Scowling, Claire folded her arms slowly before speaking for the first time. “How… something like this, just can’t work. Y-You’re talking about changing all the children in the world into perfect, innocent kids who will never do something bad! That can’t be done…”

 

She had worked with kids for years. They made mistakes, they were mischievous. How could they hope to correct billions of people to all be nice and loving to one another? “It’s simply a matter of conditioning them, Claire.” Pausing her internal disbelief, the brunette’s brow rose. Conditioning… Did they mean teaching them and influencing them with an environment?

 

Nodding their heads, both blondes waved their hands around before grinning. “Tell us, what do you see before you?” Glancing back and forth slowly, Claire shook her head not understanding what they meant. Sighing, Sophia pointed around the room before directing it back to her. “To condition something, in this case, children, you need a test environment. Places where you can temper them and make them understand the good in each other. This Daycare Claire is our test environment.”

 

Feeling her eyes widen, Claire thought over their words before it dawned on her. This place was once a rundown building, full of sadness. She had seen it through their memories. But now, it seemed like all the children were… happy. “Y-Your using these kids as Guinee pigs?” Scowling, Sophia shook her head quickly.

 

“Y-Yes and no… we want to condition all children one day so that they don’t grow up to be Monsters. But we can’t simply take away their free will. That would turn them into robots… something we might have almost considered at one point if not for you.” Nodding her head slowly, Claire sighed before shaking it. “Then how. How can you hope to have this,” she paused before pointing around the room. “Become what is standard worldwide! Your only two girls!”

 

“We are just two little girls Claire… but through you once again, we realized something else. We are not alone.” Sitting in silence, all three girls were quiet as they mulled over all that had been said. “When you make someone happy, you give them a part of you Claire. It's contagious just like giving someone else your anger. When you give a person your emotions they stick with them. So if we give these children joy, and make them see the pleasure in helping others… who do you think become affected next?”

 

Frowning, Claire continued to shake her head. ‘It… It does sound amazing… but this is just too ambitious.’ “You say that now… but it’s already working as we speak.” Looking up in surprise, both Sophia and Alexis smirked as they pointed to the closed door.

 

“When we came here, there was misery. But now, all who come here return with happiness. And you know what? They love each other and treat others just like family. Through six children's actions… Us, Kat, May, Kai, and Lily… we were able to change dozens of other children into lively, loving individuals. And they, in turn, did the same with their friends… and so on, and so forth. It’s not a matter of how many people we interact with, it’s a matter of who the ones we do interact with in turn. We are not alone Claire… we will change the world virally, and it’s only just beginning.”

 

Growing silent as they listened to the older girls thoughts, Claire slowly began to close her eyes. “It will work,” Alexis whispered silently before mimicking the brunettes form. “We don’t expect immediate results, Claire… we know that now. But think about this. We're fifteen years old, but how old do we look?” Not even needing to open her eyes, Claire mumbled beneath her breath.

 

“Five or six…” Nodding, Sophia waited for the words to sink in before speaking next. “We look this age because we reversed our cellular structure from that age. We like being kids because it allows us to reach our goals easier. And because it makes us feel pure… even if we know we’re not.” She whispered sadly before biting her lip.

 

“But if we can do this, what do you think time is to us?” Opening her eyes, Claire’s expression showed clear confusion for what had to be the third or fourth time since they had first spoken, but Alexis was quick to fill her in. “Claire, we stopped ourselves from aging. We theoretically… could live forever…” Blinking slowly, Claire’s eyes shot open now as it dawned on her. They were right.

 

They could cure disease… withstand accidents. And even age was nothing to them as she had been shown on more than one occasion. What was left that could hamper them? Nodding their heads, both blondes looked to one another happily. “We have a potential eternity to help the world, Claire. This plan will be long… but it is the best way to achieve our goal. The world will be perfect one day, but it has to be through the actions of those who live it now to cause it to reach that point.”

 

Staring down at the table in front of them, Claire was quiet for a while as her mind processed it all. She understood what’s they meant now… kind of. They wanted to change the world over time by correcting people before they changed into quote on quote, Monsters. But… there was one question that she was still drawing blanks on.

 

“Why… why do you need me…” Looking up at Claire silently, both blondes shivered as they saw a disheartened expression on her face. After all, they had said… it didn’t seem like she had anything that could possibly contribute to their plans. Why did they value her so much besides the fact that she somehow gave them this idea?

 

“Do you really not see it?” Looking to Sophia, Claire quietly shook her head before both blondes sighed. “Claire… you are perfection in our eyes. We have never found anyone remotely coming close to how perfect you are. You’re kind and charismatic. You try to help all others who are in pain. You have a true want, and drive to help people. This, this is what the world needs! We need the world to one day be more like you Claire… and we need you to be like that with us too.” She whispered shrilly.

 

Looking at both girls confused, the Twins said nothing as they sulked. “We… we’re not perfect. You know this… we know this. And we never will be. Not like you. And with our power… and our inherent immortality, we could change for the worst.” Blinking slowly as she processed their words, it soon became apparent what they were hinting at now.

 

“A-Are… are you scared, of becoming something you don’t want to be?” Nodding sadly, both girls looked up with tear stained eyes as they slowly began to cry. “We… we almost turned into Monsters Claire. We almost subjected this world to obedience! All because we were impatient and mad that we failed once! What’s to say this plan… this plan won’t fail to. What’s going to stop us from becoming… becoming the very thing we’re trying to stop?” Alexis whimpered before cupping her face.

 

Shivering, Claire lowered her gaze. They really were laid bare before her. She could see the anguish in their faces, and hear the pain in their tones. This really scared them, didn’t it? “OF COURSE THIS SCARES US!” Sophia shrieked. “WE DON’T WANT TO BE MONSTERS!” They cried in unison before hiding their faces in their arms as they cried.

 

Sitting in silence now as she watched the two omnipotent girls sobbing hysterically, Claire nodded her head. In all the time she had gotten to know them. This was the first real time, she really understood. The reason they made a council of friends with powers like them. It wasn’t to just further their ambitions… they wanted people who would stop them in case they tried to do something bad. They wanted…

 

‘Me…’ Looking up slowly as everything slowly fell into place, Claire clenched her fists. “Y-You wanted me… because you knew I would never let you turn into something you’re not… Right?” Nodding their heads slowly, Sophia looked up weakly as she sniffled. “Y-Y-You’re different Claire. We can make… anyone, do anything we want… but we could never make you do something you didn't. We would never be able to change you. We could never do that to you. W-W-We… we love you too much.” She croaked out shrilly.

 

Cupping her hands, the brunette sat there and thought it over. Lily’s words before coming to mind. They literally couldn’t touch her. She… she was everything to them. “I… I have one more question.” Panting softly into their arms, both girls raised their red faces up slowly as they looked Claire in her eyes. “We… we told you, e-everything Claire. We haven’t lied. We love you… and we need you.”, “S-So please… tell us what we can do, to make you forgive us…”

 

 

“Do, you really love me? Or am I just the failsafe in your plan…”

 

 

Feeling their breaths hitch, both blondes went silent within seconds as they began to twitch. Looking up at Claire mutely, both girls began to twitch. As the oppressive atmosphere of the room began to grow thicker within seconds, Claire had but a second to cover her face before crying out in fear as the table, along with everything else around the twins was blown away.

 

 

“WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT?! OF COURSE, WE LOVE YOU, YOU IDIOT!”

“WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT?! OF COURSE, WE LOVE YOU, YOU IDIOT!”

 

 

They both screeched simultaneously, objects around them flying half hazardously around as they felt unbridled rage by such a remark. Covering her face, Claire groaned as she felt herself being pushed backward by their unstable temper tantrum.

 

“YOU’RE SPECIAL TO US!” “WE CHERISH YOU!” “WE HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU!” “WE WILL, ALWAYS LOVE YOU!” “YOU WILL NEVER BE A TOOL TO US!” “YOU NEVER WERE A TOOL TO US!” WE HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO HELP YOU!” “AND THAT’S ALL WE’VE EVER TRIED TO DO!”

 

“WE LOVE YOU” “WE, LOVE, YOU!” Panting loudly, both girls grew breathless as they felt the air in their lungs stinging them from their screams. As the room returned to normal, both Sophia and Alexis fell to their knee’s as they let themselves rest. There they went again… they would never be able to control all their emotions like they wanted…

 

Letting their tears fall onto the hardwood floor, both blondes sniffled before shaking their heads. “You… saved us…” “And we love you for it.” “So we wanted to save you…” “And you hate us for it now…” Raising their heads, they looked to Claire defeated before shaking their heads.

 

“So be it… hate us…” “But, never…. Never say we didn’t love you…” “Never say we don’t love you…”

 

 

“And never say we just want to use you!”

“And never say we just want to use you!”

 

 

They screamed once again, their voices strained from all the yelling they had done. Staring at the two helpless girls in front of her, Claire regained her composure slowly before moving forward. Stepping up in front of the two harrowed girls, the brunette closed her eyes before leaning in close.

 

With her face just inches apart from theirs, a small smile made its way to her lips. “I never thought you did…” Choking on air, both Sophia and Alexis looked up at Claire’s amorous face before a new wave of tears found the way through their eyes. “We’re sorry!” “We’re sorry!”

 

They cried before tackling the girl. Falling backward onto the floor, Claire continued to smile as she cradled her two wailing lovers in her arms. She had heard enough. Hugging them close, the brunette leaned in before giving each of them a kiss, their tears only doubling by the affectionate action. “We… we don’t deserve you…” “We really… really don’t…” They sobbed louder before nuzzling the girl desperately. Ignoring their comment, Claire chose to simply hold them close. She missed them too…

 

She had already made her decision before entering the Daycare… whether or not she would stay there with them, or leave. But she had to hear their reasoning first before she told them that she was going to stay. As much as it hurt her… she understood why they did the things they did. Sniffling, both blondes looked down at Claire before whimpering.

 

“S-S-So… you’ll stay?” Nodding her head, Claire smiled warmly at them both before laughing as she felt her face assaulted by the twin pairs of lips. “Thank you… thank you… thank you… thank you… thank you…” They wailed quietly as they took turns kissing her. Leaning up to stop them, Claire finally sat up as she held both vulnerable girls close.

 

She was where she belonged… and she didn’t have only plans on leaving them either. Not Sophia, not Alexis… not Kat, nor May and not Kai or Lily. They were her family. Closing her eyes, Claire cupped the twins faces as she enjoyed their love.

 

 

It was real this time around. And they had proved that to her, time and time again…

 

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

 

 Sitting in silence, Kai, May, and Lily watched the door in front of them as they waited for the inevitable confrontation to end. They couldn’t see, anything! It seemed the blondes wanted privacy. Not even Lily could glean what was going on in there.

 

“D-Do you think… that they’ll try anything with Claire?” Kai whispered darkly before Lily shook her head. “Not a chance. They love her too much to do something to her. But… with how their mindset is… it’s possibly they could become violent if Claire chooses to leave. We’ll just have to wait and see.” The raven haired girl whispered.

 

 Whimpering, May looked down at Kat sadly as she gently stroked her friend's orange hair. “I hope she’s staying… I don’t want her to leave!” the pinkette cried softly. Patting her back, Kai nodded sadly. None of them wanted her to leave them.

 

Hearing a click behind them all, all looked back at the door wordlessly as they waited. Pushing the door open slowly, the three girls slowly began to smile as they saw who was leaving. Stepping outside the door, Claire exited the room as she held both Sophia and Alexis’s hands. “H-Hey… sorry if we kept you girls waiting.” She smiled sadly.

 

Pushing past the others, Kai shook with worry and excitement as she saw all three of them acting the way they were. “S-S-So… does this mean…” Nodding her head, Claire smiled warmly at the younger brunette before looking to the others. “I guess... I’m sticking around.” She shrugged. Laughing as both Kai and May hugged her happily, Claire sighed. She would have never been able to leave them. She really was being a fool earlier thinking she could.

 

Smirking as she felt a knowing smile being sent her way, Claire looked to Lily as she simpered. ‘I told you.’ Nodding her head, Claire smiled at her before tugging one of her hands away from the plethora of children flocking to her. Extending the hand, Claire’s lips moved as she spoke to Lily, no words needing to be said for her to understand what she meant.

 

‘Thank you.’ Cupping her hand back, the raven-haired child nodded before looking away. ‘And, what of her now…’ Frowning for the first time since making peace with her Twins, Claire looked to the youngest girl in the group as she remained in the fettle position on the table beside Lily. Looking up at Claire, both Sophia and Alexis smiling before raising their hands.

 

“Girls… Please follow us. We have some things to discuss with you in here, and we're ready to answer anything you want to know as well…” Hearing some reluctance from both Kai and May, Lily silenced them as she shoved them forward. “You heard Claire; she’s not leaving, now go!” Smirking, Alexis thanked her before all five of them moved back in the room. They did have some stuff to talk about… but this was more for her benefit. Stepping over to Kat, Claire looked down at the motionless girl as she kept her face hidden from view. “Well… you heard them, didn’t you Kat? I’m sticking around. I’m staying…” Frowning as she saw no visible response, Claire leaned down before hugging the girl, a flinch being the only response she received.

 

“They told me why you didn’t tell me before that you knew me. To think… you kept a promise that hard for so long. It’s really impressive. Heck, I can’t keep secrets. I’m really bad at it actually.” She chuckled before looking back down at Kat. “Like… the secret of your *wish*. Whoops… I guess it slipped.” She smiled warmly before picking Kat up and straightening her out.

 

Keeping her head low as to not meet Claire’s eyes, Kat said nothing as she tried not to see her. “Kat… Look at me.” She whispered softly. Raising her head slowly, Kat’s tear stained face met with Claire’s causing the brunette's heart to burst. “K-Kat… I’m not mad at you. A-A-And I know why you did the things you did. You knew me… because I was your wish. You wanted your Mother back…”

 

Whimpering, Kat tried to look away but Claire’s hand pushed her face back so she could see her. “K-K-Kat… Kat wanted to see her… see the Pretty Lady t-that Sophie and Alex promised Kat… B-B-But, y-you’re not Kat’s…” She whispered shrilly before jumping as she felt Claire’s forehead press against her own. “I’m not your what?”

 

As tears filled her eyes, Kat tried to shake her head but Claire kept her firmly in place. “Kat… tell me what I’m not?” Sniffling, the orange-haired cat girl looked at Claire before crying loudly. “Kat knows you’re not her Mommy!” Watching the girl in front of her crying harder, Claire sighed once more. “No Kat… I’m not… But, I can be.”

 

Croaking, Kat’s shuddered before looking at Claire in shock. “W-W-What?” Smirking, the brunette began wiping away Kat’s tears as she pet her head. “I know I can’t replace your mom Kat. No one can. But I can try… if you’ll let me. Come live with me from now on Kat. I love you.” Leaning forward, Claire gave the girl a gentle kiss on her forehead before smiling brightly.

 

Looking at Claire in disbelief, Kat’s face slowly began to crack before a fresh wave of tears broke through. “Mommy!” Jumping off the table and into her arms, Claire smiled warmly at the crying toddler as she clung to her desperately. Cradling her close, Claire closed her eyes as she continued petting Kat’s hair to sooth her.

 

“I’m here Kat… and I’m not going anywhere. You're my Kat, and I’m you're *Pretty Lady*” She smiled. Sniffling, Kat nodded as she continued to cling to Claire.

 

 

 

 After all these years… she had finally been granted her wish…

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Well, i hope the conclusion was one you've been waiting for. I know the plan was drawn out, and in the end, it might seem like a fools dream. But, it can work.

As long as the Twin's remember, their not alone.

 

:)

 

I'll see you guys soon with the conclusion. Night guys.