- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

And here we hit the Finale at long last. I had to have rewritten and edited this part at least a dozen times. At least two more after the uh...strong reactions to the last chapter haha. I don't know if this will satisfy everyone or if it's just gonna end the story on a sour note for some but this is how I decided I'd end it basically the second I started writing it.

This story was an experiment on my part, one that very quickly grew bigger than I expected. I just wanted to try and add depth to the usual playful GTS mistress/slave angle. Still, I think I'm proud of it; and I hope you guys enjoy it.

 

-----------

 

 

Thus Emil and Alexandra spent the rest of the night together. The giant talked at length about her many Attendants and their misadventures and Emil listened to each story with the utmost fascination. For Emil it was nothing but enthralling. Through these stories, these memories, it almost felt as though he was speaking with Alexandra for the first time. Almost like he could finally begin to understand her. After quite literally coming together they were finally having a proper dialogue. No incessant teasing, or witty remarks, or playful banter. Just sincerity. It was...nice. Strange, but nice.

He had been a fool. Everyone in Windermere had been. Whenever he or some other villager looked at Alexandra they never truly saw her. They saw a giant. They had always seen Alexandra for what she was but never who. It was only now that Emil shared the realization that his many other fellow Attendants likely had. That as blatant and obvious as it was, she was a person just like any other. Realizing that he never even thought of it like that just made the young Attendant frustrated. Moreso at himself than his peers.

Despite her size and tremendous power, the fact remained that at her heart, at her core, Alexandra was still a woman. She had feelings like any other person, feelings that were trampled by humans for hundreds of years. Countless decades of being called a monster and attacked or feared. It was only natural that she responded to those fears in kind, living a life of destroying villages underfoot like the monster they made her out to be. Nobody once ever tried to treat her as anything but. Then one day she found a chance.

Nobody knew what happened between her and Hue during the first Pilgrimage. Alex may have hinted at it, but even now the bulk remained unknown to Emil. Legends had always played up the mystery, but Emil felt as though he could understand Hue all those years ago. How he must have felt when he discovered this town destroying monster actually had a heart, that she wanted to stay with them and would offer her knowledge and support. That behind all the thick skin and smiles laid a very lonely woman.

The revelations plagued his thoughts throughout the night long after he and Alexandra collapsed from exhaustion. The pieces began to connect. Perhaps not perfectly, but well enough he felt he could understand the woman.

“Alright, ready Emil?” Loud words brought him somewhat back to his senses. The sun had long since risen on a new day and with it the two were to make their trip back to town. That fateful dream of a night was actually two days ago, but in their exhaustion the duo managed to sleep an entire day away. Alexandra rested nearby and was lacing one of her boots. Her eyes and smile were as warm and joyful as ever, as if the entire night hadn’t even happened.

Nearby the Attendant nodded, his own visage bearing a similar smile. “One thing first Alex.” He began to walk towards her, heart pounding in his chest. With all this time spent resting he had a plethora of time to work out his thoughts. On everything.

Yes, she was lonely. Very lonely. Why else would a woman be so insecure that she demand at least one person spend every waking hour with her? In hindsight it was so glaringly obvious to him. Perhaps her reasoning wasn’t perfect. In fact, he as certain it wasn’t. She was as misguided as everyone else, just in her own way. But in spite of that, and with plenty of time to reflect on everything he had learned, one thing became crystal clear.

“What is it my little Attendant?” Alexandra stared at the human by her bare foot curiously.

Without saying a word Emil crouched down to the giant’s big toe, fully aware she was watching. He came in close, stopping mere inches from the flawless toe nail. “Thank you for choosing me to be your Attendant.” Without any fanfare he kissed the nail appreciatively and quickly stood back up, rubbing his lips.

“Emil…?”

Now that he knew everything he was certain of it. He adored this woman. Or perhaps he always had ever since he was a kid and he just forgot. Either way, a large part of him welled with joy at getting to be the center of this woman’s attention. The idea of spending his remaining days with her…Suddenly they didn’t seem so bad.

Alex stared blankly. As if she couldn’t believe her eyes. “H-Hey what’s gotten into you all of a sudden?” She laughed. “Trying to butter me up for something?”

Emil shrugged. “Not especially, I just felt like being honest for once. Your toes are kinda cute, and I still owe you for saving me from the wolves.” He said plainly. “Plus it’s been a while since I kissed your feet right? That’s one of your personal favorites. I can’t forgo my duties right?” Something resembling a playful smirk crept onto his face.

The giant blinked. “Um…Are you okay Emil? Do you have a fever? Stricken by some sort of sickness?” She leaned forward with a look of concern.

There was his chance. Time for him to man up and say it. “I suppose I am. Lovesick.” He said, completely straight faced.

“…”

Alexandra simply stared before bursting into a thunderous fit of laughter. “Of all the nonsense you could say!” She keeled over while holding her stomach, the laughter only getting worse. “The lack of sleep must have driven you daft!” The edges of her eyes were watering. “To say such a silly thing!” Her building-sized feet slammed into the ground in a series of countless earthquakes.

“H-Hey!” The Attendant flushed bright red. “I’m being serious here! That took a lot of courage to finally say!”

Immediately the laughter died down. Alexandra turned her head to look at him. “By the Gods you’re serious.” She sat back upright, looming over him once more. “Do you have any idea what you’re saying? Don’t let last night cloud your head and give you any ideas Emil. You are my Attendant. Our relationship has not changed beyond that.”

“Do you think I’m lying?” The young man defiantly stepped forward with a hand pressed to his chest.

“I think your head is clouded from exhaustion.” She stated flatly.

“Well I think it’s not.” In proper stubborn fashion Emil came to a stop before Alexandra’s towering form, standing before her toes. “I’ve been…thinking. A lot.” Of course his words would suddenly escape him. Curses.

Alexandra’s eyes narrowed skeptically. “Clearly not enough. I told you what becomes of my Attendants. Don’t set yourself for failure Emil. Much as I favor you, you are not different from the countless humans I’ve met over dozens of life times.”

“And what if I am?” God, he sounded like such a stubborn child right now. Even so Emil refused to let himself back down.

“You’re not.”

“I think I am.”

“You’re wrong.”

“You’re stubborn.” Emil fired back, countering each line with one of his own. “Didn’t you say you adored me?”

“I did, and I do. Which is why I’m telling you to cease this bravado. You’re not proving anything.” The blonde shifted her form, resting her arm on a raised knee. “You aren’t the first Attendant to ‘fall’ for me and claim to be different from the others.”

Goodness this woman was beyond stubborn. “Well I’m the first one to truly mean it.”

Alexandra laughed. “Are you now?” The giant tilted her head, obviously fascinated by what nonsense her Attendant was spouting. “And? How do you intend to prove that?” She asked skeptically. “What makes you different from all the others? Aside from being perhaps the mouthiest?”

Emil, perhaps stupidly, said the first thing that popped into his head. “I won’t ever hate you like they did.”

Silence.

How many minutes rolled by to let that declaration hang in the air? Neither could say. Emil immediately regretted his words. He should’ve explained himself better. He should’ve said something cleverer. He should’ve…Just done something else. But what was done was done. All he could do was wait and see how Alexandra would react to his child-like statement.

“…Do you mean it?” The giant asked quietly, sounding almost hopeful.

“I do.” He calmly replied. “I mean; it’s not like I had much before this. No living relatives, not especially popular…I’m definitely not the best person to work the fields. In a strange way, this job kind of suits me. I think…I just needed some time to get used to it. But I see no reason why I’d end up like all those other Attendants. I don’t care if the villagers leave me alone. And I don’t have much of a family to miss either. All I have is…Well…You.”

The blonde giant shook her head, lips twisting into another smile. “Of all the nonsense…” She chuckled and turned away. Although he couldn’t see, Emil was certain there were a semblance of tears on her cheeks.  “That’s a big promise to make you know.” She sniffled. “For all you know, once a year goes along I might just get bored of you. You’ll certainly hate me then. I get most vindictive when bored.”

“Then I better make sure I stay interesting then huh?” He knew what he was saying. How he was making an appeal to a woman who had seen countless examples to the contrary. He didn’t care.

“Yes, I suppose so.” Alex laughed with another loud sniffle sounding off. Her hands rubbed at her face for a good minute before she turned back. “I must be even stupider than you. Because I think you actually mean it.” The blonde smiled wanly. “I’ll hold you to it then.” With an expression like the one on her face one would think she had just been proposed to. “Stupid Emil.” She couldn’t stop giggling.

“Hey, you chose me.” He protested, cheeks flushing red. “Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest. I’m ready to leave whenever you are.” Emil turned back and moved a few steps away. He figured It was best to move along quickly before he got too embarrassed. Truth be told he didn’t expect his sudden proclamation to work. It took much self-control not to betray his own internal giddiness.

“Typical man.” Alexandra chuckled. “You get a woman’s heart going and then you wanna get a move on like nothing happened. Insensitive.”

“You can lecture me on the road.” Emil replied dryly. “Speaking of, where am I going to be this time? Not dropping me down your shirt again are you?”

The answer he got was a shrug. “That was the plan, but after that little speech of yours I think it’d be best to keep things…Oh what was that word you used? Ah yes, interesting.” Alexandra leaned forward. “I did have one thing I’ve always wanted to do with an Attendant…” The giant’s lips turned into a grin Emil had come to know never meant anything good.

“Which is?”

“Wearing them in my boots.” Alexandra flashed a hopeful look to Emil. “Think about it! You get to spend all day under me. Taking the brunt of my every step. Soaking in my sweat. Breathing in my sweet scent. I promise not to crush you too hard. What do you say? I think it’s a good arrangement.” She nodded with a confident playfulness to her blue eyes.

Emil sighed and laughed at the same time. This damn woman; and yet he was the insensitive one for moving things along. “Just be gentle.”

Before he even finished, Alexandra’s fingers had already plucked him and hovered his smaller form over her remaining boot. “Oh! And if you get thirsty I hope you don’t mind the taste of sweat. It’d be oh so much work to pull you out of my boot every time you needed a drink.” She grinned mischievously, very obviously awaiting the signature protests from her Attendant.

“Okay.” Emil shrugged. “I’ll find a way to make it work I guess.”

“What?” Confusion filled the giant’s expression. “I-I mean…I guess if you’re fine with it…” Emil was gently lowered into her boot. “You sure about this?” Her voice called from the outside world. “I’ll be marching all day. It’s going to be hot in there. I’ll probably sweat a lot too. Are you sure?”

Emil cupped his hands along his mouth and looked up to the boot opening. “We’re losing daylight while you meander!”

“Fine! Have it your way!” Alexandra pouted as the boot soon grew dark with her bare foot filling the opening. “Just for that I expect a proper massage while you’re in there. No breaks!”

“What a slave driver.” Emil had to get one last quip in before the foot rolled in and brushed him aside like he was nothing. He was pushed back to the toe area, pinned beneath the massive digits where it rather quickly grew humid. In no time he felt his temporary prison moving and the foot pressing down on him every few moments.

“I don’t feel you kissing!” The giant laughed playfully as she began the long march back home.

Despite the casual crushing, Emil had the faintest hints of a smile on his face. He did as commanded, leaning forward to press his lips against the underside of Alexandra’s toes. The faintest of grimy sensations brushed against his mouth. With everything he’d been through over the Pilgrimage it was nothing to fret over. Considering who it was he was kissing, it was even somewhat enjoyable. Not his favorite spot by any means, but a favorable one.

Even if he despised it, it would all be worth it for next time, when he’d ask for his fantasy of riding in her trousers. If she wanted to make absurd demands then two could play at that game. Oh yes.

Yeah, so long as it was this woman he could see himself putting up with a lot. She was his owner, his guardian, and perhaps if time permitted, his lover. Her feelings were true, and if the revelations had taught Emil anything, so too were his. Not a fleeting infatuation. No, this felt…deeper than that. Although deeper, more intrinsic feelings and their implications were lost on the relatively straight-minded young man.

All he knew for sure was that at first his selection as Alexandra’s Attendant terrified him. But now the idea of spending all his days with her sounded rather nice. His heart said he would do anything for that woman; and knowing her that’d be a lot he would have to put up with. What the future would hold, or even if it would be half as kind and simple as Emil made it out to be in his foolhardy proclamation. He didn’t know. All he would do was try his best. Though it would be worth it. All for that refreshing smile of hers.

After all, he was her Attendant.

 

Chapter End Notes:

------------


 


And there you have it. I made comments about an Epilogue a while back and honestly...I'm still mulling it over haha. I have no idea if I'll do it or not.