- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I will try to get the next "installment" of my other story out today, but I'm apologizing in advance if I can't get it out today or if it's not that well written.
Maya walked to the center of town. Technically, she wasn't allowed in the walls because she was "too big," but no one would argue after seeing Anna. Besides, the walls were partially destroyed now.

Maya arrived at the top of the tower. It was laid haphazardly on ground in the center of the city. A few homes had been damaged, but nothing too major had happened. As Maya neared, she heard the queen say something to the king.

"-to go see Clover."

"No, Elizabeth, you can't be serious!" The king shouted.

"I am," Queen Elizabeth answered. "It's the only way. Clover can cast the spell, and Maya could help train me."

"What is going on?" Maya interrupted.

"Elizabeth has gone mad," the king said.

"How so?"

"Listen to her plan. It's crazy. It'll never work."

The queen spoke. She sounded like she had all the details already planned out.

"Maya, you know the small cave a couple miles from here?" She asked. She continued when Maya nodded her head. "Well, a wizard named Clover lives there. Damon knows her. It'll sound crazy, I know, but listen to me.

"Simply put, no one here can stop Anna. She's too big. And we can't just give her the city. We've worked on this city for years and built it up to what it is now. We can't just let some giant woman take it from us.

"My plan was to talk to Clover. We have to convince her to put the 'growing spell' on me. You can't get any larger any time soon. If she puts a modified version on me, maybe I can grow from killing regular sized people. There would be some people I wouldn't mind killing, either."

"Well, the king is right. It's a crazy idea, but it might work. The question is, are you sure you want to do this?" Maya asked.

"I'm sure. I don't see any other way we could win in this situation."

"What about you, king? What do you think of this?"

"Honestly, I don't like it," he replied. "I don't want to see her in danger. I don't know how well it will work, either. Surely she won't be nearly as large as Anna, and once we do this there is no going back. She'll be stuck like this forever, and Anna will be angry with us for attempting this."

"You're completely correct, Damon," the queen said, "but we have no choice. Believe me, I don't want to do it, but I believe I have to."

After a long time thinking and looking solemn, the king finally agreed.

"Well, let's head out and get this over with," he said. "Maya, if you wouldn't mind..."

Maya scooped up the king and queen into her hand and left the city. The walk was over quickly due to Maya's large size. The cave was pretty small, too small for Maya to fit through. She set the king and queen down and let them enter. After a bit, she tried fitting her head into the cave opening. She wasn't able to fit her whole head in, and the parts that were in were uncomfortable, but it got the job done.

Hunched over a cauldron in the middle of a cave room was a wizard that must have been Clover. Maya wasn't sure what she was expecting. A ragged old lady with gray hair and a long nose? That wasn't close to what she looked like. Maybe she used her powers to stop the aging process. She had a hood over her head which covered her hair, but some brown wisps got out. She looked over towards the king and queen, and her blue eyes filled with surprise.

"What are you doing here?" She asked in a quiet voice. She sounded young, around the same age as Maya.

The queen quickly explained the situation.

"Can you make a modified version, maybe one that lets me grow without killing other giants? Or maybe one that just makes me grow a lot more?"

"I'll see what I can do," she said with a sigh.

Clover rustled around with some ingredients to enhance the spell. Among them were a frog's eye and a goat's leg. It was pretty different from when she had the spell cast on her. There was no cauldron or any of these ingredients.

"Do you have to put all of these in?" The queen gagged as a spider was put in the cauldron.

"Do you want the enhanced spell or not?" Clover retorted. "Just relax. You don't have to drink it or anything. I just need it to be in the area for the effects to work."

The queen seemed relieved at this. After a few more minutes of brewing and mixing, Clover declared the spell was ready.

"Okay," she said. "Now that the concoction is ready, I can perform the spell. Just stand still while I do what I have to do."

Clover started moving her hands in weird patterns and chanting some unintelligible speech. This part was similar to when Maya had the spell cast on her. When the spell was put on her she didn't notice anything different and didn't feel anything. The same happened to the queen.

"That's it?" The queen asked disappointedly.

"You won't notice the effects at first, but the spell did work, I assure you. I'm not sure when or how much, but you will have a sudden growth spurt. From then, everytime you kill something you will grow at a highly increased amount."

"Thank you, Clover," the queen said.

Maya removed her head from the cave entrance as the king and queen exited. She stretched a bit; she had been in a very uncomfortable position for quite some time. The sun was setting now, so it must have been around 7. The whole process had only taken about an hour, so that meant Anna had Coke at around 6, meaning they had nearly 24 hours to figure out what to do with the queen. Maya looked over at the mountains far off in the distance. They stood at around 4 miles tall. Anna dwarfed that.

Suddenly, the queen began to feel a bit weird.

"Is it happening?" She asked?

Sure enough, it was. She slowly grew, going up and up until she reached around 100 feet tall. She was close to Maya's knee but not quite there yet.

"This is a good start," Maya said. "When I first grew I only went up to 20 feet. You're already much bigger than I was. I was thinking, I need to train you to fight if you're going to do something to fight Anna off."

"I agree with you, but I think I should be of equal height with you," the queen said, looking up at Maya. "Let's execute some of those criminals that have been in jail for a while. They were pretty bad people anyway. At least in going out, they can help me."

Maya found it a bit sadistic but couldn't argue with the logic. Grasping her fingers around the king, Maya and the queen strided back towards the city.