- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I think the "good stuff" will begin in the next few chapters but I'm not sure yet.
"First thing's first," Maya said. "You'll need to ditch those shoes. You'll be much better when fighting if you're barefoot."

The queen agreed and slipped her shoes off. Her toenails were the same as Maya's; black with a white lion on each big toe. She picked her shoes up and carried them in her hand as the two walked back towards the city.

As they approached, they received shocked looks from the people as they saw their queen as a giant for first time. People were afraid, but the queen didn't know why. She was smaller than Maya, and giants were definitely not something too out of the ordinary.

"Do not worry, my people," the queen said, trying to console them. "Yes, my new size may be a surprise, but it is for the best. I may be the only hope to keep our noble city free from the giant and her allegiance. Maya is not large enough, but I might be able to become larger than her and have a better chance than Maya would. I am doing this to protect you. My people."

The people cheered with the encouraging words of the queen. She was liked by virtually all citizens, and they had faith in her that she would do her best to save them.

Maya set the king down outside of the jail. He went inside and retrieved 5 prisoners from the guards to be "executed." They were to be killed one at a time, since they weren't sure how much the queen would grow from one of them, and they didn't want her to grow too much now and not be able to train as effectively with Maya.

The prisoners were lead out of the city to an empty area where they would be kept until the queen needed them. They were blindfolded so they couldn't see what was happening and couldn't see who would die. The men stood on a straight line. They seemed surprisingly calm for men that were going to be killed soon. Maybe they really didn't care if they lived or not.

The queen put her head in her hand and tapped her foot, trying to decide which prisoner to kill first. Eventually, she just chose the man on the end. She walked over to him and raised her foot overhead.

"Is this how you do it?" She asked Maya.

Maya laughed. "Yes, it's really as easy as that."

The queen nodded and lowered her foot. Her large sole darkened the sky over the man's head. Her foot met his body and the soft skin enveloped him. Her foot did not even come down that forcefully, but being squished in between her sole and the ground crumpled him. The queen felt and heard his bones break underneath her foot. Her foot felt different sensations in different parts as his limp body moved under it. She pressed down hard on the ground and heard a small popping sound.

The queen winced. "This is going to take some getting used to..." She muttered.

She lifted her right foot into the air and looked at her sole. There was a red splatter of considerable size on it. On the ground, the man's body was nearly gone. Only a few parts remained, and if one hadn't watched the event, they likely wouldn't have known what happened. The queen gagged a bit.

Slowly but surely she began to grow again. Her feet increased in size and would have knocked into the other men if she hadn't moved them. Her body spread outwards proportionately to her height. She grew for upwards of 20 seconds. When she stopped, she stood at 600 feet, taller than Maya.

"That went better than expected," Maya noticed.

"Yeah," the queen agreed. "I grew quite a bit. Things are really different from up here. I can only wonder what it's like for Anna. The whole city must be ant sized to her, and regular people must barely be visible."

"You get used to it," Maya said. "And the killing. After a while, you don't really feel like you're killing and it doesn't phase you."

"Well, I'm not at that stage yet," the queen said, still visibly shaken by her action.

Maya and the queen stomped away from the 4 remaining prisoners. They walked for a few seconds until the reached a relatively open area. The sun has set and it was starting y get fairly dark.

"Okay," Maya said. "Now that we are similar sizes, I can train you. Normally, I'd show you how to fight similar size women and some that would be slightly larger, but that is obviously not the case here. I don't know how large you'll get, but it might be safe to say you won't get as large as Anna.

"Therefore, these techniques should be useful for almost all your sizes. A basic attack that is fairly useful is a punch. You know how to punch, right?"

Maya demonstrated a proper punch and the queen copied.

"With our size, a regular punch would carry a lot more power. If you really wanted to, you could probably punch a hole in the castle. I wouldn't recommend it, though. Anna is way larger than us, so what you could do the castle is not the same as what you could do to the her. She likely wouldn't even feel it, and if she did, it would just be a very light one.

"However, I think you might grow to be more than a mile. If you're around a mile, then you'll be as tall as her toe. If you could climb her and punch her in the face and neck, you could actually do some damage. All you'd have to do is grab on to her feet and legs and pull yourself up. Climbing people is actually pretty easy.

"Strength isn't just the whole battle, though. You might be able to outsmart her. If you're quick, you can confuse her and make her hit herself or completely miss you. She may be huge, but she isn't immortal. She'll get tired, too, so you might be able to tire her out and then do some damage.
Be careful, though. One wrong move and you're done for."

Maya continued her training with the queen all through the night. They took a rest and went to bed early in the morning. The queen would need the rest for the "battle" with Anna. At around 10 in the morning, Maya, the queen and king thought of the plan. The queen would need to hide somewhere so she could get the element of surpirse on Anna. She's need all the help she could get, so the army and Maya would assist her in the fighting.

About an hour later, the queen decided to execute the 4 other prisoners. Anna would be returning soon, and the queen was definitely not able to do much to her at this size. She needed to be much larger than this.

The 4 prisoners were led outside by the guards. They went to the same spot and were blindfolded again. There were not many signs of the one man she had killed earlier.

The queen decided to kill them at all once to get it over with quickly for everyone. She still felt contrite about killing them but knew it had to be done. She raised her big foot overhead. She was large enough now that it easily covered all 4 of the men and a good amount more. She lowered her sole quickly and with great force, snuffing out their lives instantly. She was getting used to the killing, but she still resented the feeling of their bodies on her feet.

The queen stepped back a bit so she wouldn't accidentally crush something or hurt someone while she grew. Seconds after she crushed the men, she began to grow. When it was over, she stood at 3 miles tall.

"This is better than I expected," Maya remarked.

"Indeed," the queen replied. "Though I still am very small compared to Anna. It will be a difficult fight. Look at me, though! I'm taller than the castle!"

Maya laughed. The king didn't, though. He still wasn't sure how he felt about his wife being 3 miles tall, and going to fight a woman even taller than that. He understood her reasoning, and even agreed it was the only way to have any hope of protecting their city, but he still didn't like it.

The queen picked up the king in her huge hand.

"Look how small you are!" She gasped. " I can't believe this is really happening. You're so tiny!"

The king faked a smile. The queen dropped him off back in the town. The people were a bit scared again at the queen's new size, but they remembered her promise to them earlier and were not as frightened as they would have been.

Maya and the queen discussed the plan. The queen would hide behind the mountains that were a little ways away from the city. This would hide her from Anna's few at first, though if Anna looked she might be able to see the queen crouched down because of her height. When the queen thought it would be time, she would charge out from behind the mountain, and Maya and the army would do the same. A combined effort of all of them might be able to the job, but they had to work hard and do their best. If they didn't win, Anna would surely not be happy.

A small boom interrupted their discussion. It was just about time for Anna to returning.

"Go, now! Hurry! Behind the mountain!" Maya shouted.

The queen ran to the mountain and hid behind it while the booms grew louder. The people in the city began to panic. In the distance, Maya and the people could see Anna's enormous feet growing closer. Maya swallowed and felt a pang of fear. They had the plan down, but Maya has forgotten just how big Anna was. She wasn't so sure the plan would work as well as they thought.

Anna's feet finally stopped a few hundred feet from the city with extreme force. Her powerful voice boomed out.

"Hello everyone! I'm back!"