- Text Size +
The people of the city were terrified at the scene. The queen charged at Anna and pounded on the big toe of her left foot. The queen was the only one taller than her toes. The soldiers, inspired by their queen's bravery, ran forward as well. The queen has attacked Anna's left foot, but that meant no one was on her right. She lifted the mammoth foot into the sky and stomped on a good portion of the army. Around half of them were instantly killed. Unlike the queen, Anna felt no guilt in stepping on people. The force from her footstep shook the city, and a few houses fell from the repeated tremors from her footsteps. The queen refilled as well from the force.

Anna laughed. "See? Half of your army, gone, just like that. If you stop now, I may just let you live!"

The queen payed no attention to her words and continued her assault. Maya ran to the big toe of Anna's right foot and began to climb. She signaled for the queen to follow suit. The queen began to climb Anna's left foot. Due to the size difference between the queen and Maya, Anna felt the queen's weight but not Maya's. This allowed Maya to climb her without being noticed. She scaled her toes and then ran up her foot to her ankle, where the vertical ascent began. She used Anna's hairs to climb up. Anna was much more difficult to scale than Ismat. Maybe it was because Anna was over 50 times Ismat's size.

Down on the ground, Francis felt some deja vu as he and his men attacked Anna's toes. They were utterly massive and completely dwarfed them. He and his men slashed and swiped at her big toe. It likely did absolutely nothing, but every little bit counted, right? Her toes were literally the size of a small mountain range. They were awe inspiring to the minuscule people.

Maya had not stopped her climb and had reached Anna's waist. Things got really intense though, and Maya nearly fell to her death as Anna reached over. The queen was on Anna's ankle, and Anna bent over and picked her up. The queen did not fit ok Anna's fingertip but did for in her huge palm.

"And who might you be?" Anna asked the queen. She had not met the queen yet. She had been in the castle when Anna had picked it up to talk to the king but had Anna had not taken notice of her.

"I'm the queen," she spat. "I'm not letting you take my city so easily!"

Anna giggled. "I respect your courage and your love for your city, but do you really think that's a good idea? Fighting {i}me{/i}?"

"I don't care if it's a good idea or not. I'm doing whatever is necessary to defend my city!"

The queen stomped on Anna's Palm, but the larger giant just laughed. She closed her fist around the queen and squeezed hard. The queen felt short of breath and felt immense pressure.

"You know, those people I ate earlier sure did taste good. They were so small, though! I've barely had enough. You'd be equal to a few hundred of them, though, wouldn't you?" Anna said.

Anna positioned her hand over her mouth and opened her hand. The queen fell towards her huge mouth. The king and the people looked on in fear. Was this how it ended?

No. It wasn't. In her short time training with Maya, the queen learned that you {i}never{/i} go down without a fight. As the queen neared Anna's mouth, she stuck her legs out on either side, so as to fall in a peculiar way down into Anna's mouth. She fell into the enormous mouth, and Anna closed it. She wanted the queen gone as fast as possible.

Inside the pitch black mouth, the queen punched hard against the sides of Anna's mouth. She thought she was doing a pretty good job of hurting her. Anna desperately tried to swallow the queen but to no avail. Anna's tongue bashed into the queen repeatedly, and she started to lose her footing. The tongue swiped at her and knocked her down. Anna sensed the change and tried to swallow.

The queen started to fall down Anna's long, long throat. She heard her stomach digesting something. Maybe it was those people she talked about eating earlier. The queen did not want to end up like them. She realized she was falling vertically down Anna's throat. She also realized that she was pretty large. And finally, she realized that she was not in Anna's esophagus. The queen turned on her side and forced her hands and feet against Anna's throat. The wet sides of her throat felt very strange, and the queen did not like it, but it was her only hope.

Instantly Anna began to cough and gag. The people by her feet saw her grabbing at her throat. Maya saw too, as she was by Anna's shoulders now. She could do some damage now.

The queen held her position well. Anna coughed and coughed, and eventually her body forced the queen out of her throat and her mouth. The queen went flying out and almost fell to her death, but Anna caught her by mistake after she let her hands rest after they had been trying to help get the queen out of her.

"How could you?!" Anna yelled. "You nearly killed me!"

She was furious. She stomped on the ground, obliterating the other half of the army. She kicked another part of the wall and demolished it. She squeezed the queen incredibly tightly in her fist. This time, she would not relent. The color started to drain from the queen's face.

Maya had to act fast to save the queen and the rest of city from Anna's wrath. Having reached Anna's neck, Maya punched with all her might in the vulnerable parts of Anna's head area. Her neck and jugular were hit repeatedly. Anna used her other free hand and reached around her neck, looking for Maya. She was elusive, though, and Anna could not get her. Maya was frightened by the massive fingers stretching out towards her, trying to grab her. She went back to her neck area and gave it a few good kicks before jumping out to her chin.

Anna was in a little bit of pain from Maya's attacks but didn't feel anything too badly. Maya climbed Anna's chin and reached her face. Maya went for her eyes first. Her gray eyes did not notice her at first, as they were concentrated in squeezing the life out of the queen. Speaking of the queen, she was banging her fists on Maya's, but it had no effect.

Maya ran towards Anna's eyes and nearly fell from the almost complete vertical angle of her face. She had to use parts of her face as hand holds. She reached the titanic, gray eyes and unleashed a barrage of attacks. Anna screamed in pain and dropped the queen. The queen luckily landed on Anna's foot, so she didn't suffer as much pain as if she had fallen on the ground. She took a bit of time to gather her breath before she attacked Anna's feet.

Anna's hands reached up towards her eyes, where she threw Maya off with great force. Like the queen, Maya landed on one of Anna's feet, but she felt much more pain than the queen. She rolled off her foot in a lot of pain and was unable to do any more.

Anna growled. "Ugh! You know what? I'm done with this city. I'll let Mother handle you. Mother, I call upon you to destroy these people and teach them a lesson for rebelling against me and your rule."

Anna stomped away, leaving part of the city on ruins, thousands dead and Maya and the queen in much pain. And everyone was left with a sense of dread over "Mother's" arrival.
Chapter End Notes:
In my humble opinion I believe the next chapter is where it is the best. However, I really don't know how the plot will advance from here.