- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I wrote around half of this chapter years ago and only finished it up now. I've written more, we'll see how it turns out.

The king rushed out to his giant wife.

"Elizabeth, are you ok?! Oh, my God!"

"Yes, Damon," the queen groaned. "I'm fine. You should check on Maya, though."

Maya had not moved since she had rolled off Anna's foot. She was in a lot of pain. Surely she had broken some bones. She lay on her side and moaned in pain. 

"Someone get a doctor or something!" King Damon shouted.

Despite the fact that giants had lived with regular people for some time now, there had yet to be any advancements in medicine for them. As with weapons, it was impossible to construct a needle or any medical device large enough to treat a giant. Besides, medicine was already tough to come by, and medicine in quantities large enough to ease a giant’s pain would take an eternity to come by. And if giants needed medicine after every battle they went through, there would be none for anyone else.

“I’m fine, my king,” Anna moaned. “I’ll heal shortly. You know, giant’s resistance and all that.”

It was true; giants naturally had much more resistance to injuries, and their wounds recovered much faster than an average person’s. It must have been a beneficial side effect of the original spell that transformed these women into war machines. 

No one disturbed Maya and let her rest for a few hours. The queen tried to decide what to do about the city. They would have to get people to work on fixing the walls and houses. Thousands were dead, though, so it would be harder to find people to-

Her train of thought was interrupted by an earth shaking booming noise. Less than a second after the noise, an insanely powerful force swept over the city. Literally everyone in the city was knocked over, including the queen. Maya groaned in pain. Dozens of houses collapsed, and the castle roared. It swayed a bit and began to fall to the ground. Parts of the walls toppled over as well. 

The queen stood up. In the far, far, far distance, she saw an utterly enormous foot. It was colossal. Titanic. Humongous. The queen had never seen anything so huge. It made Anna look like an ant. Even smaller than that. 

Another foot came into view and slammed down closer than the other one. An even more powerful shockwave traveled through the city, knocking over even more homes. The thunderous noises put Anna's to shame. 

The toes on the closer foot scrunched up. The toes were painted white and there was a star on each big toe, just like Anna's. Except this star was black instead of gold. 

The pair of feet continued their destructive stomp towards the town. People were screaming at the top of their lungs. No one had ever felt such fear. The feet stopped what must have been thousands of feet away from the city, but they looked incredibly close.

A very deep and very loud but feminine voice boomed from the heavens. "Where is that city Anna told me about?"

Hundreds of ear drums burst from the woman's voice. The woman was unable to spot the city, even though she was right in front of it. 

The woman tapped her foot as she looked around, drumming her toes on the ground. It seemed as if the entire world was shaking. No one could stand. The sounds of her toes slamming into the ground were deafening. 

She looked down at her pretty toes, seemingly admiring them, when she noticed the effect her feet had had on the surrounding area. Enormous cracks spread through the ground as the world shuddered and trembled beneath her colossal weight. She turned around and looked at the few footsteps she had taken to arrive at the city. Her massive footprints had created huge depressions within the earth, stretching down miles into the ground.

“Oops!” The woman thundered. “I’ve forgotten how delicate it is here.”

Finally, the woman leaned over and spotted the city. She was too tall for her face to be exposed to the people, even when she was leaning over.

"Ah! There it is! Boy, it sure is tiny!"

The woman who must have been Mother stood menacingly over the city. Words could not describe how unfathomably enormous she was. She must have been thousands of miles tall. Her toes alone dwarfed Anna, and definitely the city. The city could have been stacked on top of itself a thousand times and it would not have been as tall as her toe. And to think how small a normal person must have been! They must have been literally microscopic. Hundreds of thousands of people, maybe even millions, would not have been enough to reach the top of her toe. She was a true goddess. The people may have been able to turn Anna away, but there was no way they could do the same to Mother.

"I have heard that even after you agreed to give your city over to Anna, you attacked her. Now look what you've done. It's not every city I have to personally take care of," Mother bellowed. 

The people of the city, and even the queen, too, said nothing. Did nothing. They were too scared. Mother was too huge to believe. 

"Now..." Mother boomed.

An utterly enormous finger descended from above. Much too large for words to describe. Suddenly, the city was whisked into the sky, traveling at unbelievable speeds. The whole surrounding area was lifted into the air, mountains and all. Everyone within what must have been at least a 50 mile radius was scooped up. The winds grounded everyone and everything as the city rocketed higher and higher, climbing up through the clouds and beyond. Truth be told, they had only just begun their ascent, as even Mother’s toes rose far beyond the clouds, extending for even higher than they had thought.

The citizens of the city got a good look at Mother’s body as they cruised ever higher. Her shapely body was draped in a thin, white gown, further accentuating her stunning features. Her smooth, creamy white skin flowed infinitely upwards. Her beautiful scent emanated throughout the air, overwhelmingly strong yet pleasing to the senses.

The city was on one of Mother’s fingertips, which must have been larger than the size of a country. It stretched on and on. Her fingernails were painted black, and they were very long, extending likely miles above her fingers. The city was raised even higher, and the people of the city got a good look at Mother's colossal, goddess like face. 

She had huge brown eyes and long, blonde hair. A beautiful tiara studded with seemingly diamond sat nicely atop her head. She wore a "little" lipstick and some eyeliner, but didn't have too much makeup. She looked surprisingly young, only in her mid 30s approximately. She was a gorgeous woman. Her face was perfectly proportioned and incredibly attractive. She was the perfect woman. For all intents and purposes, she was a goddess. For all they knew, she was one; how else could her gargantuan size be explained?

"I can just barely see this tiny city!" She thundered. Her voice shook everything within the city. "The whole thing is nearly microscopic. Are there even any people in this city? I can't see anyone!

"All I know is that you have been a bad little city, haven't you? I told Anna she could have the city for herself, and you rebelled against her, right? She came back to me and said you hurt her eyes. We had to have some doctors help her, but they couldn’t fix anything. I’ll have to look into it myself, it seems. Look what you've done!"

Mother frowned. Everyone in the city was terrified. No one had ever been this scared. Their fear they had felt when Anna had first arrived was nothing compared to what they felt now. Like when Anna had yelled at them, the people were frozen in place and did not move at all. 

"I can't let something like this go unpunished, you know," Mother said, eyeing the minuscule city on her fingertip. "Hmm... what should I do? I could step on your little city and destroy it instantly. No, that would be too fast, and where's the fun in that? Maybe later..."

The lack of oxygen had started to set in, and people were beginning to feel its effects. Maya and the queen were as of yet unafflicted, but they were not invincible and would surely feel the same soon. Then again, after seeing this goddess of a woman, who knew what was possible anymore?

Mother raised her other hand and extended a finger above the city. The titanic finger covered the city’s entire field of view, and a dark shadow bathed the city. A blue aura surrounded Mother’s finger, and she moved her finger slight. Immediately the oxygen returned to the city, and its residents could breathe once more. 

“I assume you guys have never been so high up before, huh?” Mother chuckled. “No matter. You should be fine now. Know that I haven’t forgotten what you have done, but you shall live for now. And oh, what’s this?”

Mother brought her finger closer to her eye so as to examine the city a bit more. Her enormous, beautiful brown eye stretched for miles and miles. Her pupil darted back and forth, taking in information as she looked over the speck on her finger.

“Why, this wall’s been destroyed!” Mother exclaimed. “Anna has a bit of a temper issue, wouldn’t you say? This won’t do at all.”

The blue aura returned to Mother’s finger and before the people knew it, the wall had been restored to its previous condition. A look of astonishment came over the people’s faces. Mother laughed.

“Yep, I can do that kind of stuff,” she explained. “Maybe I’ll tell you later. I can’t quite see how you look, but I always love imagining how you guys react when you see what I can do. I bet it’s nothing compared to your emotions when you first see me, though!

“Well, I guess I’ve gotten a good enough look. You’re far from the best city I’ve got, but you’re not completely useless, either. I’ll think you’ll make a fine edition. I’ll fix you up and you’ll be performing better than you ever have!”

Mother had it all; size, beauty, power, wealth. It could be any combination of her immense size, striking looks or perhaps another one of her powerful spells that made the people of the city respect her. She had been presented as a formidable threat, and even though she could easily snuff thousands of cities out in an instant, she emitted a certain warmth that seemed to ease the people. She certainly seemed a firm ruler, but she seemed to exude an air of fairness. 

The citizens would soon find out just what Mother was up to, as vicious winds crashed through the city. Mother took an impossibly large step forward, covering hundreds if not thousands of miles within a single step. The world shook again at the mere pressure of her titanic foot colliding with the ground, and the city rocked as Mother’s weight shifted to her other foot. 

“We’re heading home, now,” Mother stated, her powerful voice filling the air. “Then I’ll figure out what to do with you.”

A combination of excitement, fear and confusion set upon the people, and they thought of their future as their new goddess thundered through the world, destroying everything underfoot.