- Text Size +
While Mother calmly stomped through the world, heading to an unknown destination, urgency and panic spread throughout the almost microscopic dot on her fingertip.

“Calm down, honey, I’m sure everything will turn out alright. If she wanted us dead, she’d have crushed us by now.”

“Everything’s not alright, Damon!” The queen yelled. “She’s going to punish us. She’ll punish Maya and me. For what we did to Anna.”

“Relax, Elizabeth. I know everything is frightening right now, but I have a feeling you two will be just fine. She doesn’t even know you guys exist yet!”

Maya chuckled, then winded from the pain. She was already on the mend, but her injuries sustained from the fight with Anna had yet to heal completely.

“Oh, she’ll know, alright,” Maya said. “I bet Anna’ll point us out to her. She was furious!”

The king laughed. “Are you sure pointing will help her? She’s huge!”

It truly was remarkable how Mother had been able to see the city at her size. Perhaps it was the aid of another of her spells that allowed her to see and potentially hear the goings-on of the micro city’s inhabitants. It must have been; a woman her size couldn’t have otherwise been capable of discerning anything occurring in a place that small.

As the wind coursed through her long brown hair, Maya pondered the nature of Mother. Not even considering her size, she was the most powerful person Maya had ever laid her eyes upon. Clearly she was huge, but was she a giant, or a witch? Or something else entirely? How many must she have killed to have become so enormous? And she seemed so young too! How could she possibly have casted such intricate spells so effortlessly? Though fear of her new overlord gripped her, curiosity coursed through Maya, as did the desire to learn more about this goddess.

The wind roared even louder as Mother turned her head towards her fingertip. She gave the puny city an enigmatic smile, impossible to interpret. What awaited them at their unknown destination? Compassion? Malice? Her beautiful smile melted the hearts of some men within the city, dropping them to their knees, weak with lust. Everything about her made her incredibly alluring. The power she commanded, in all senses, was truly jaw-dropping.

Far in the distance, a misty gate of sorts stood welcomingly, a stark contrast to the fairly isolated expanse Mother and the city were currently in.

“Ah, yes,” Mother sighed, “home. I think you’ll like it here.”

Mother quickly closed the gap between her and the gate in a few impressive steps. She slipped one pretty foot through the gate before the rest of her body followed suit.

Through this gate it seemed as if they had entered an entirely new world. Mother’s empire stretched before them far below, and a huge golden throne stood tall over her dominion. The cities below were marked by cobblestone paths and marble monuments, harkening back to the elaborate style in the Ancient Greek civilizations. The cities stretched on as far as the eye could see. How many cities had Mother taken? All types of trees grew beside flowing rivers, and sunlight basked the whole world in a golden glow. From Mother’s point of view, the ground below was riddled with almost invisible dots; though with her powers, she could enlarge her view and focus on the events taking place within each individual city, giving her total control and an all-encompassing presence. As if her size didn’t already do that.

“This is my home,” Mother explained, “where the magic happens. Quite literally. My powers are amplified here. I can do nearly anything I want in my land. Look.”

She cast a spell on her feet, the blue aura swirling around her toes before dissipating into the air after a short time. She then raised her foot into the air, pointing her big toe towards the mass of cities on the ground below. She swiftly lowered the monstrous digit onto the dots, sending out an ear-splitting boom and a world-shaking earthquake.

To the people below, in one of the thousands of cities that could fit beneath her one toe, the world darkened as their entire view was consumed by the perfect and powerful big toe of their goddess. The tiny details of her toe were easily visible from miles away. The wind raged fiercely as Mother’s toe came closer and closer, seeming to surround them on all sides. Her white toenails glistened in the atmospheric sunlight of her paradise as they continued their descend upon the innocents below. Her toe collided with thousands of cities below, rumbling her world to its very core with such a simple action.

As Mother lifted her toe from her cities, the inhabitants of the city on her finger looked on in amazement as the dots were miraculously unharmed.

Mother laughed, a sweet yet thunderous laugh that reverberated throughout her land. “I wouldn’t crush my empire! Never! Not unless they deserved it.”

She looked at the minuscule city on her fingertip and smiled. “Do you deserve it?”

Mother laughed again and walked toward her throne, each earth-shaking step almost louder than the last.

“I know how loud I am,” Mother smiled. “Sometimes I silence myself, and other times I like to keep them just to remind everyone. It is how I naturally sound, after all.”

As Mother approached her throne, many more specks became visible surrounding her almighty chair. Even more cities dotted the ground at the base of the chair. Other giants were present, surrounding Mother’s throne. They were adorned in similar garments to their goddess, and they stood proudly next to the throne as they waited for her arrival. They were seemingly the “diplomats” Anna had mentioned, sort of like Mother’s smaller assistants to make sure her land was running smoothly. They came in various sizes. Some barely smaller than the cities that surrounded them, others towering into the sky many times that size. None however, were even a fraction of Mother’s size. Maya saw Anna standing near the throne, a mere speck in comparison to Mother. Mother easily stepped over her miniature empire and sat down in her golden throne. Everything shook as her ass collided with the chair.

Mother gazed over her land, the tiny cities and beautiful nature that she called home. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes, relishing in her power and her accomplishments.

She raised her finger higher towards her face, giving the city another look at her lovely visage.

“This is your new home. Our home,” she explained. “I’m sure you’ll come to love it her for what it is. You’re probably wondering why I’ve taken you. Everyone wondered that at one point or another. It’s simple, really. You’re better off here, in every way. We help each other. You do stuff for me, I do stuff for you. I already have. You were living in a war-ravaged land, injured and outnumbered. How many innocents had to die in your wars? Far too many as far as I’m concerned. That won’t happen here. Punishment only comes to those who deserve it. Oh?”

Mother felt a nearly imperceptible tap on her big toe. She looked down and saw Anna beating on her foot in an attempt to gain her attention. Mother leaned over and picked Anna up, placing her on a separate fingertip than the city.

For all they’d seen so far, this, perhaps, was the most humbling. Anna had been an enormous giant, one so destructive and deadly she was capable of destroying their entire life with one foot. Indeed, she had rampaged around their city, destroying parts of the walls in her fury. She had completely demolished their whole army in two steps. She towered over everything, instilling fear into everyone’s hearts with her mere presence. And yet her she was, a tiny dot on Mother’s fingertip. Completely powerless and incredibly small. Mother’s fingertip kept going on and on around Anna, and she was many times the city’s size. The previously hubristic giant was now a rather meek speck.

“Yes, Anna?” Mother inquired.

“This is the city I had told you about, Mother,” Anna replied. “The one that attached me.”

“I know, my dear. Though I’m afraid my earlier words may have given way to some unnecessary fear. I shall not crush you all; it wouldn’t be fair or right. I know most of you are completely innocent of all wrongdoing, and the blame falls on only a few of you. Anna tells me there are a couple of giants among you?”

Maya and the queen looked over at each other in fear. Mother’s intentions were entirely unclear. Would they simply be crushed, their lives over just like that? Would she spare them? Or would she condemn them to a fate worse than death?

“I’ll try to spot you without using my powers for a change,” Mother boomed.

Her titanic eye scanned the micro city, desperately trying to locate the two largest things on her fingertip. Even though the queen loomed above everything else on her finger, she appeared now different to Mother. She was simply too small. She could barely discern the city itself, save for it was a dot on her finger. She couldn’t tell anything about the city without using her powers.

“Oh, well,” she thundered. “That’s the price you pay, I guess.”

She cast a spell on herself to improve her vision and instantly she spotted Maya and the queen. Her face lit up and she flashed a huge grin.

“There they are! Wow! Tiny!”

Mother placed the city on the ground, next to countless others situated by her feet. Her gorgeous toes climbed infinitely, and her body seemed to fade away, as it was so incredibly high up. Her toes loomed above the cities beneath her, commanding the utmost power with their mere presence.

“Giants, please exit the city,” Mother commanded.

Maya and queen Elizabeth rose to their feet and walked out, the booms their footsteps created being no comparison whatsoever to the sounds Mother was capable of producing.

Again, the rush of wind blew through the two giants’ hair as Mother’s immaculate and enormous finger descended from the heavens. She effortlessly scooped up the two giants onto her fingertip, placing them just a finger away from Anna.

“Now, Anna tells me you two caused some serious mischief,” Mother said. “Tell me, who are you two?”

Maya spoke first. “My name is Maya. I am the giant for one of my king’s armies. Or at least I was, until Anna destroyed the entire army. My purpose has always been to serve the king and queen and protect them, though I’m not sure how capable of protecting her I am now.”

“Oh? Why is that?” Mother asked.

“Because I am the queen,” Elizabeth stated. For as long as we’ve been a city, we’ve been an independent city. For hundreds of years, we have stayed strong and have never been conquered. I am committed to doing whatever is best for my people, no matter the cost.”

“Well, well,” Mother laughed. “I admire your determination and passion, the both of you. It seems both of you are dedicated to your duties. And how about that! A giant queen! Reminds me of someone. Though you’re quite a bit smaller!”

“Mother, if I may,” Anna requested. “These two are the ones who led the attack against me. Against you, Mother. They hurt me and your rule. They’ve rebelled against you.”

“Hmm,” Mother pondered. “You’re right. Despite all your character and determination, you two attacked one of my advisors. And in attacking them, you’re attacking me.”

Maya became weak in the knees upon hearing these words. Though terrified, she steeled herself and did not show her fear upon her face.

“However, you already know what Anna is capable of, as well as what I can do,” Mother said. “You’ve seen us show our claws. You know I am capable of destruction; let this also show you I am capable of mercy.”

At that Mother again lowered her fingertip to the ground, placing Maya and Elizabeth next to the city and beside her gargantuan toes. Anna’s squeaking was barley visible as Mother sat back up within her throne.

King Damon ran out to his wife the giant queen as she was set down on the ground. She scooped him up and gave him a big kiss. He was so tiny compared to her, just a dot on her fingertip. Even though she was many times larger, the queen wondered if this was similar to what Mother experience upon holding everyone on her finger.

“Oh, Elizabeth, I’m so glad she’s spared you,” the king sighed. “I was so worried what might happen to you guys.”

“I’m just glad everyone’s okay for now,” Elizabeth explained. “But we need to think. We can’t stay here. This isn’t our home. She’s out of her mind.”

“But how, my queen?” Maya asked. “She’s much too big, and we’re much too small. Where even are we? Where would we go?”

“It doesn’t matter. This city has existed for hundreds of years. We have always remained strong. We have never given up. We will do whatever it takes.”

“We must bide our time for now,” the king interjected. “So far, she doesn’t seem too bad. She’s shown she can show mercy. While we plan, we can at least rest assured we’re safe. For now.”

Thunderous booms sounded in the distance. They were absolutely nothing compared to Mother, though, so it couldn’t be her. Besides, any movement she made was seen, felt and heard immediately by everyone. Maya and the queen turned to see the familiar sight of Anna’s tremendous feet stomping towards them. She stopped a short distance from the city, the foundations rocking. She got down on all fours, her pretty face contorted into an expression of malevolence.

“Mother’s told me not to mess with you guys,” she boomed. “But just know, I’ve got my eye on you. All of you. Especially you, giants. One wrong move and you’re over. I’ll see to it personally. It was bad enough Mother had to get you guys at all. Don’t make me get her to deal with you again.”

And with that, Anna rose to her full height and trudged away, a smirk on her lips.