- Text Size +

When Melissa woke up, she didn't know at first where she was. A  familiar feeling, because she often woke up in a holding cell or hospital. When her brain began to work a bit more, Melissa thought she was in the latter, for she saw a white ceiling with a bright neon light, blinding her a bit. But then, Melissa noticed she couldn't move her arms. Or her legs. The junkie was tied up with leather belts with metal clasps, lying on a field bed.The young drug addict struggled to free herself, but it was to no avail. She was tied firmly in place.


As she looked around her, Melissa found herself in a strange chamber. No windows, only walls made of grey bricks. Desks with computers and all kinds of vials stood in the room, a few screens with drawings of the human bodies' anatomy hung on the walls. 
Melissa was puzzled. What was this place?
From out of the shadows a figure emerged. Although it wore a hood covering its eyes, it was clearly a man. His mouth could be seen, and it grinned.


"Awake, junkie?" he asked. Melissa only looked at him awkwardly without replying.


"Welcome in my modest lab. You are selected to be my guinea pig. I'll test my latest invention on you."


Melissa still didn't answer. She was afraid now and struggled to get free. No avail.
"You can forget that. The world's strongest man wouldn't be able to break these straps, let alone a skinny girl like you," the figure said, nodding towards one of her struggling arms.


"LET ME GO YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!" Melissa suddenly shouted, more out of fear than anger. "LET ME GO!!!"


"Ha ha!" the man laughed. "I will, don't worry. But not before I have tested my new drug on you. Then I'll drop you back in the trash I took you from."


Melissa looked at him suspiciously. Of course, he had been looking for somebody to kidnap and test his whatever-it-is on. And she, a homeless, forsaken street urchin was just perfect. He had been shadowing her for a time and when she was in blissful, heroin-induced sleep, grabbed her and took her to this place. Melissa realized this all at once. Though she was hardly educated and addicted, she was not stupid. 


"No one will miss you. No family, at least none that cares about you or is able to do something. No friends, colleagues or acquaintances. Why not using street urchins like you for experimentation? I see no reason why not...", the man said, confirming Melissa's deductions.


The hooded figure held up a syringe which contained a yellowish liquid. He grinned.
"This," he continued, "is my new creation. A drug that'll put heroin to shame and will soon conquer the world. I named it "Ananda", which is Sanskrit for "bliss". And you, my dear, will have the honor to be the first to test it."


Slowly, he came closer. Melissa began to pull at the straps around her ankles and wrists again, but without success. The leather didn't give in, she was trapped. 
The man grabbed one of her arms. "Easy..." he said, holding her thin arm down with one hand. "Then it won't hurt so much. Why afraid? You are used to stings, aren't you? Here we go...".


Although Melissa still struggled, the man was stronger than her and held her tied up arm down with ease. Melissa felt a small sting first and then how cold liquid entered her body. 


"It is done," her kidnapper said, conjuring up a small white piece of cloth and pressed it against the small wound, from which a tiny red bubble of blood welled up. "Now, let's see how it works. Either the formula is perfect or I'll have to find another junkieie as test subject soon, heh, heh." 


Melissa got dizzy and woozy. It was the same sensation heroin had on her. A pleasant feeling, like slowly falling asleep in a cozy, warm bed. Melissa's brain was reacting to the drug!