- Text Size +


The Forest Lake Incident

by NFalc


8:00


My life has never been what you'd call "normal". Still, I never quite expected to wind up hiding in a dumpster, surrounded by garbage bags the size of small boulders, peering out at impossibly enormous women striding past.

It had started out like any other day. I'd been leaning against the wall of C building, smoking a cig and thinking about how much I hate this place. Not even this place, just these people. The smart-aleck nerds, the dumbass jocks, the cold-hearted girls. Me, hang with them? I'd rather slit my wrists, but then I'd just be as bad as those stupid emo kids. If there's anyone I can't stand, it's them... they give the rest of us outcasts a bad name.

Five minutes after the bell rang, I'd stubbed out my cig and walked (slowly) to remedial English. I would've not gone at all, but the teachers kind of frown on you smoking outside the school building during class. You see, I hate remedial English. It's not like I'm even bad at reading; I read stuff that nobody in Honors English reads. I've memorized something like half of "Thus Spoke Zarathrustra", although my favorite book is still "The Stranger."

No, the reason I'm in remedial English is because I refused to read the shit they gave me in regular English. I failed the classes, but they knew they couldn't actually hold me back a grade. My test scores were too high. The system got confused, and after the dust settled I landed in remedial English.

Except I never got to Remedial English that day. I was too busy being thrown off my feet by some kind of gigantic explosion that seemed to come from B building. I remember two thoughts before I blacked out: one was "Why didn't I think of that?" and the second was "FUCK!"

I probably bashed my head pretty hard, 'cause when I woke up, my watch read 7:30, and everything seemed a little more than twice its normal size. I freaked out for the next ten minutes or so, then got myself together in time to see a huge pair of bright green flip-flops descending on me from above. I ducked and rolled as the feet of a girl as tall as the school buildings passed overhead. So, I was less than half my normal height, and this girl was something like five times hers. What the hell was happening?

After that, I realized it probably wasn't too safe to be out on the walkways; I could be stepped on without anyone even noticing it until it was too late. So I quickly scanned around for a safe place to hide, and spotted this big dumpster full of recyclables. It was inconspicuous, and I wouldn't wind up as a splotch on the pavement. I'd have time to plan my next move.

So that's where I am right now. I've been keeping the lid of the dumpster propped very slightly open by using a steel pole I found inside. There's a four-inch gap I can see out of. The ground's been rumbling off and on for the last fifteen minutes or so. I'm not sure if that's from the giants stomping around, or if there's some kind of earthquake in the area. Hell, I don't even know if we're still on Earth at all. The ground outside is covered in some strange boulders that don't look like anything I've seen before.

Suddenly, the ground shakes harder than it has yet this morning. Two huge, spiked heels step into sight, the fishnetted legs and feet filling them seem to stretch out towards the sky. This girl is definitely bigger than most of the other ones I've seen today, who were all something like fifteen to thirty feet tall. That's at the school's scale, not mine - I can't judge them based on me when I'm smaller than my usual height.

The girl taps her toe on the ground, and it sounds like it's actually cracking the pavement. She doesn't seem to notice, or mind. And I wonder, if she's that oblivious... she might not even see me down here. So I carefully lift the lid up a little further, and look out. I can see all the way up those long legs... The girl's wearing a tight black skirt and a tank top. She's got those fishnets too, but they end mid-thigh... and she isn't wearing any other underwear.

Her skin's the color of a mochaccino. As far as I can tell, the hair around her pussy is as soft and dark as her shoulder-length hair above, although below she's pretty well-trimmed. The girl's got curves, too, although she's probably got better ass than tits. Maybe it's just my perspective, all the way down here. Insect's-eye-view.

I should probably feel ashamed for doing this, spying on her like this. Hell with it. This is the most fun I've had at school in a long time.

There's more rumbling. To the left, a girl walking towards us. I quickly lower the dumpster lid again, as quietly as possible. I just recognized these chicks; they're the ones who are friends with Jamie. They've been following me around for a couple of weeks now... I think Jamie likes me. She's hot, I guess, but as far as I can tell she's also just like all the others. Just wears more black clothing and heavier makeup.

These other two, then, must be Carla and Rose, Carla being the one with the great ass. Rose is a little towards the chunky side, not really fat, but not skinny either. She's got curly red hair, and a certain meanness in her eyes that seems like it's from some fresh emotional scars. Before whatever happened this morning, she was probably towards the tall side, but as it is now she's something like five feet shorter than Carla - five feet relative to the school, that is.

"Ha! I'm actually taller than you now," Carla says. "You know, I always wanted to be tall."

Rose shrugs. "You're not that much taller. 'Sides, you're still built like a shortie."

"What's that s'posed to mean?" Carla asks, on the verge of being hostile. I briefly imagine a catfight between the two of them, taking place right above me. It'd be a catfight crossed with a Godzilla movie, with me at ground zero. I half-hope that it happens.

"Nothing, nothing." Damn.

The ground's outright quaking now, and a distance I see a girl in a leather jacket bounding towards us. Jamie. It's hard to tell since she's far off, but it looks like she's probably taller than both Carla and Rose. Jesus, if these three girls are so huge, are there ones that are taller? And how big are they?

Jamie stops in between the two other girls. She looks slightly out of breath, her chest heaving up and down. She doesn't have huge breasts, probably just C cups, but they've still got a nice jiggle. I find myself wondering why I didn't go out with her when I had a chance. Then I realize that I could still have a chance. That thought sends me down a different, entirely more fucked-up train of thought and I quickly snap back and listen to what the girls are talking about.

"That fucking bitch," Jamie pants. "Thinks she's the queen of the goddamn universe."

"What happened, honey?" Carla asks.

"I think all the guys have shrunk," Jamie says, smiling despite the fact that she's angry overall.

"Uh-uh," Rose says. "It's us that's huge."

"No, we grew AND they shrunk," Jamie corrects her. "And I wound up almost stepping on that jock, Paul, by accident. So I had a little fun with him afterwards, gave him a good scare for being such a creep."

Rose has an almost frightening look on her face. "What'd you do to him?"

"Faked like I was going to step on him, then lifted him up over my mouth and acted like I was about to eat him." Now I remember why I didn't go out with her.

"You magnificent bitch," Carla beams. Funny, I was thinking the same thing, although when I thought it, it wasn't a compliment. "You completely screwed with the little pendejo."

"Well, it wasn't like I was going to hurt him or anything, but then Alexa Briscoll shows up and she's, like, huge. Even bigger than me, by like three feet or something. She threatened me, you believe that?"

Rose and Carla gasp, looking angry and shocked. "No way," Carla says, "Little Miss Ditz went up against you?"

"She and her friends might be bigger, but the three of us are stronger. I bet we could take 'em," Rose says, her face looking meaner than ever.

"Probably. But we should wait a little, so they won't be expecting it so much, get it? Then, when they're not ready, me, you and Carla are gonna fuck them up." Jamie grins, clearly satisfied with her own plan. Rose doesn't look so sure.

"What do we do until then?" Carla asks.

"We watch 'em, find out the best way to get them. And keep an eye out for any guys in the area." Jamie smiles mischevously.

Right now, I realize, is a good time to get the fuck out of here. If they start looking around for guys, they'll probably find me first, and these are the last girls I'd want to be with in a state like this. I mean, hell, I hate people too, but I'm no psychopath. I watch Jamie produce a pack of cigs and pass them around. While they focus on lighting up, I slowly lift up the dumpster, careful not to make a sound. The slightest creak in the hinge freaks me out. If one of them looks my way, even by chance, they'll have me.

Luckily, there's some wind blowing from behind me, which causes them to turn their backs to it, to keep the cigs lit. I finally open the damn lid, and manage to clamber over the edge of the dumpster without making too much noise. Once I get to the edge, though, I realize that I have a problem. I used the latch on the side of the dumpster to hoist myself up the first time, but I can't use it to get back down. Because I'm less than half my normal size, the dumpster's a little more than twice as tall as me. It's a long way to the ground.

I hang off the side of the container, and try to figure out the best way to fall. I figure that if I can land right, I should come out of it without any broken bones, and that's the important part. I close my eyes, and let go.

I hit the pavement and roll a little, but nothing breaks, far as I can tell. I'm probably going to be sore tomorrow, though. I look up, and freeze. Carla has turned and she's looking right towards me, her big dark eyes locked on to me. Oh shit, this is it. She catches me, and I'm done for.

When she doesn't make a move, I realize... she hasn't seen me yet. She's looking at the dumpster. Oh my god. The dumpster, I left it open! It's a dead giveaway that someone was here. She'll look over to investigate, spot me, and that'll be the end. Think fast, find somewhere to hide... nowhere easy. So I take the only option I've got. I crawl under the dumpster, hoping that no one sees me as I struggle to get beneath it.

I look out through the crack beneath the dumpster. Three huge pairs of feet in front of me - Carla's spiked heels, Jamie's boots and Rose's sneakers. Carla's feet turn, the impact of her soles on the pavement causing it to shudder - I can feel the vibrations beneath me.

"Hey, look at this."

She takes one long step forward, and her shoes crash onto the pavement in front of me, the shockwave from their landing rippling through the ground. I have to hold myself down to keep from bumping my head on the dumpster above me. When I look up, I am face to face with the shiny black leather soles of Carla's shoes.

Don't move. Don't even breathe.

"I don't think this dumpster was open before."

"Really? You sure?"

"Estoy seguro." I can see the leather move as her toes flex. Damn, each one of them is probably bigger than my head. I bet her toenails are the size of textbooks.

"Could it be... one of them?" Rose asks.

"We should spread out and look for him. Little rat was probably spying on us, we should teach him a lesson."

I see Carla's shoes turn in the opposite direction, as she and her friends walk off a little way. Now's my chance. I quickly crawl out from my hiding space, and look out. They're looking in each of the directions away from me, but if any of them turns their head back they'll spot me. I need to get away, fast. Can't use the walkways, they're watching them. Where can I go?

Suddenly, Jamie looks back in my direction. She sees me. She turns.

And I'm running, I don't know where, just going as fast as my legs can push me forward, stumbling towards a door, the door to C building, push and I'm through. I can feel the ground suddenly heave beneath me. I turn and see that Jamie lunged after me, falling to the ground. That's what caused the shaking. Her huge pale hand is outstretched, filling the door way, her fingers straining towards me.

There are windows on either side of the door. I can see her face. She can see mine.

"Carl?" She looks surprised.

The windows and door frame are fragile. She or one of her friends could kick them in if they wanted to get to me. Remember what Dad taught you. Survival techniques. Move.

I run up the stairs, into the building where I'm behind two feet of brick and they're less likely to find me. There's a crash of impact, and the very structure of the building shudders. There's a muffled sound outside. I can hear Jamie yell, "Damn it!" She sounds... hurt. For a moment, it crosses my mind that I've probably either pissed her off or made her sad, and neither will be good for my health.

It's obvious now; she's had a crush on me all this time. Maybe if I'd given myself up, she would have treated me better than the others. But it's too late now. I ran, and I can't stop running.

Through the hallways, my feet moving over linoleum tile covered in dust. Walls are crumbling. Ahead of me, the ceiling has collapsed, sealing the exit. The building shakes again. If they wanted to, Jamie and her friends could tear the entire thing down. They could rip out the walls, reach in and pluck me out. I have to get out of here, without them knowing I'm gone, or else this is a cat-and-mouse game that I'm bound to lose.

Let's see, this is C building. C building has interconnected classrooms for English and history. I burst into the nearest classroom, and there's a door on its other end. But the entire middle of the classroom has collapsed, and the outer wall is just gone, completely blown out. Shit, if the room's open like this, they could see me. I quickly dash for the corner of the room, and press myself against the wall.

I can see a huge shape moving outside, bus-sized pillars of tanned brown flesh around a stretchy black tank top. Carla must have thrown off her overshirt. From the second story here, I've got a good view of her rack, which it appears I was wrong about - it's much bigger than I thought.

She leans over, and I stand straight against the wall as her massive face emerges through the hole in the building. "Are you in here, hombre pequenito? Come out..." she whispers, both seductive and predatory. I put all my focus into standing still.

The moment seems to last forever. I can hear her breathing, the sound of it filling the room. I shut my eyes tight. When I open them, she's gone. I lean around the corner. She and Jamie are off at the other end of the building.

I quickly maneuver my way to the other side of the classroom, skirting the edge of the huge pit that's formed at its center. Out the other door, and back into the hallway, past the blockage in its center. There's an elevated walkway ahead. It's sort of like a tunnel, except above ground, and it should link me back to another building. The only catch is that its walls are glass, and anyone could see right through them and spot me.

I push open the doors, glance to my right. Good, no one there. The three of them think I'm still in C building. I look to my left, and almost fall over in shock. Staring straight at me is the huge face of an Asian girl. She's even bigger than Jamie. She's something like fifteen feet away, yet her face still fills the window.

She gasps, and I can hear the force of her breath blowing on the window. Then her glossed lips widen into a big smile. It hits me that she's absolutely gorgeous. She leans in, eyes wide.

And then I'm running again, determined to get away as fast as possible. These giant chicks can't be trusted. If I want to stay safe, I need somewhere I can be alone. Somewhere that's not exposed, where no one can get me.

I dash into A building, racing down the corridors. The cafeteria, maybe? I see it at the end of the corridor, tables stacked against the windows. It's been barricaded shut. So no go on that. Still running. Down the corridor, and I'm heading towards the tunnel to D building.

Through the door, and I look around the tunnel. No one in my immediate vicinity. Glance out the window. Outside the school campus, there's at least six of them, something like 25 feet tall, gathered as if in a pack, long tan legs glistening in the sun. How many of them are there?

Keep running, and I'm into D building. I slow down. D building has the Drama and Art departments. It's traditionally misfit territory. Most of the girls here are either quiet or quirky. They don't strike me as the kind of people who would toy with others just because they're smaller. I lean against a nearby row of lockers. My heart's racing, I'm out of breath. I quickly shrug off my jacket, and put my head against the cold of the steel.

I give myself a few minutes to rest, then get up, and walk. The hallways aren't safe. I've got to look for a better space. The theater? I could probably stay in the lighting control room, no giants could fit in there. The windows are just big enough to see the stage, so it would be hard for anyone to see in. It's the closest thing to a bunker in the school.

I head down the stairs, quietly as I can. The theater's on the bottom floor. It's not a huge space, can only hold a hundred people or so. Still, it has high ceilings, so it's possible for girls to be in there. I open the door slowly, and even though the creaking noise it makes sounds as loud as a gunshot to me, there's no other sound.

I step inside. The theater's dim, the lights are low. Dimly outlined against the stage curtains is one, no, two massive shapes. I see the dimmer next to me and push it ever so slightly up.

I know these girls, I think to myself, if only by acquaintance. Polly and Pris, self-proclaimed twins. They look nothing alike, one of them with dark skin and hair, the other pale and blond. If I remember it right, they're really into the drama program.

The two of them are lying across the middle of the auditorium, the chairs beneath them crushed under their weight. Two huge pairs of sneakers lie down the aisle from where I stand. They look to be about twenty feet tall, each. I walk a little bit closer. The two of them are talking softly, I don't think they've noticed me yet.

That's when I notice it. The strangest thing I've seen yet today. Curled up just below the peak of Polly's chest is another little guy, probably even slightly shorter than me. The three of them are just lying there, talking peacefully.

I breathe a sigh of relief. The world's gone crazy this morning, and there are three giant girls who are probably out for my blood. It's good to know there are at least two I can trust. I step forward, and get ready to introduce myself.