- Text Size +
The Forest Lake Incident


By NFalc


10:00


"Okay, this is kind of creeping me out now. I mean, this is just weird."

I can see where Max is coming from. Here we are in the middle of our school cafeteria, the doors barricaded with several stacks of tables and chairs, surrounded by our former teachers. The female teachers are about two to three times their normal size, and the men are a little more than half of theirs. And here they are, the men sitting in the women's laps, some of them even, ugh, making out... I mean, they're our teachers. Who gave them the right to have lives?

"Yeah man, I know what you mean. Hell, I'm almost wishing there were girls our age around."

"Ha," Max says, "I know which girl you're thinking of..."

I give him a light shove. "Come off it man, she's not my girlfriend. I mean, neither of them are."

"Oh yeah?" He proceeds to affect a high-pitched, terrible imitation of a girl's range. "Ohhh Zach, I won't let those big girls get you! I'll keep you safe right here next to me!"

"You're terrible. I mean, Laura saved you too."

"Well, I did jump out at the last minute," Max says. "That took a little work. I mean, do you realize how far I fell? It was like two hundred feet!"

"Nah," I say. "It was forty at most."

"Well, I'm going by how it looks from my point of view."

"But that's stupid. You're probably the only one your size right now. What looks like two hundred feet to you looks like two hundred and fifty to me, because I'm that much shorter than you."

"Heh, you are kind of a midget," Max chuckles.

I shoot him a dirty look. "But anyway, my point is, we need to have a standard to measure by. So I measure things relative to how big the school is. Think about it: the girls are all bigger, the guys are all smaller, but the school probably stayed the exact same size."

Max nods. "So we measure relative to the school. That means the biggest girl is, what, fifty feet tall?"

"I dunno, Alexa looked about sixty to me. Rose, the girl whose pocket you jumped out of, is something like forty-five. Laura and Tara are about thirty, give or take a foot or two. But that's all I got so far."

Max leans back against the wall behind us, arms folded. "Damn. Sixty feet tall. How the hell did that happen, anyway?"

"I dunno," I reply. And come to think of it, I really don't. I'm pretty sure the explosion in the chem lab was what started everything. But that doesn't explain those huge boulders everywhere, nor the damage to the other buildings." I pause, then decide to explain the theory that's been going through my mind. "You know, I bet we've been teleported."

"Teleported?" Max breaks into loud, nasal laughter. "Teleported where?"

"Another dimension. I mean, think about it, does this look like any place you've seen on earth? Plus, it explains the shrinking and growing. Maybe the atmosphere contains special chemicals, which caused the size change."

Max thinks this over for a second. "You know, you could be right. But there's only one way to find out for sure. We have to find Doane, and get her story."

Of course, finding Doane is easier said than done. The cafeteria is huge, but it's also filled with teachers. Plus, the women are up to fifteen feet tall, so their legs take up a bit of room. I try to avoid brushing up against them, as things are awkward enough around here as it is. Luckily, the majority of teachers in our school are in their thirties and forties, so at least their legs are relatively nice to look at.

We pass by a pretty, dark-haired teacher who appears to be sucking on Coach Barnham's whole face. One more reason to bless the high faculty turnover rate: their PDA is just creepy instead of outright disgusting. I practically envy Barnham, although I'm not sure I could personally handle all that suction.

We weave our way through the masses of people sitting, squatting or otherwise leaning against walls, tables or female teachers' laps, and nearly get killed by a giantess who smiles and apologizes for "stretching", but finally make it to the corner of the room where Doane is sitting. She's a good twelve feet tall, although she's still got her typical goofy smile on her face. I call out to her to get her attention.

"Oh, hi boys. What are you two doing here?" Still idiotically cheerful in the midst of a disaster of her own making. Well, I've held my tongue all year, and I'll continue to do so now that she has the ability to throw me like a rag doll.

"Nothing in particular. Surviving. But we wanted to talk to you a bit more about the accident."

At this, she furrows her eyebrows. "So, you do think that was what caused all this, huh?"

"Well, yeah," Max says, "It seems like the most logical explanation, right?"

"I guess so," Doane says, with a tremendous sigh that ruffles my hair. "It just doesn't make sense. I didn't have anything unusual in there. Nothing except... OH!" Her last exclamation rings sharply in my ears.

Resisting the urge to massage my ear drums, I ask, "Oh what?"

"I have, um, a friend. A friend who works at Hallicon Chemicals. He was going away for a weekend, and he wondered if I could watch over one of his projects for him. Gave it to me in a briefcase. I must've put it in the storage room..."

"So when the explosion happened, the briefcase must have blown up as well. Any chance you knew what was inside?"

Doane shakes her head, frowning. "He wouldn't say. I bet the chemicals were labeled, though. If, somehow, you could find one of the bottles, maybe you could figure out what it was."

While we're talking, a sharp-dressed man in a white shirt and black tie has come up beside us. I vaguely recognize him as being from the biology department. "Hello there, Norma," he calls to Doane. "I was wondering if perhaps we could, uh talk for a moment? Alone?"

Doane bats her eyelashes, which might be subtle at normal size but hardly works now that her face is more than twice as large as usual. All the same, me and Max take the hint and turn in the other direction, working hard to conceal our disgust. I mean, I guess neither of them is that bad looking. It's just really hard to imagine your teachers romantically involved with one another.

We start heading back across the cafeteria. About halfway to our spot, the path ends abruptly with the smooth, pale calves of one of the teachers. I look around, and see that all the other paths are blocked, either by tables or other teachers' legs. I look down the length of the leg in front of us, past the ankle, down to her toes, which tap lightly on the insoles of her shoes. Toenails painted shell pink. Her feet are in big wedge heels, pressed right against the wall. No way around, and her calves are a little too big to climb over, being roughly the height of their bovine namesake.

I look up towards the woman's face, ready to get her attention, only to see her eyes already locked on us. She has lovely green eyes, and a very kind face, the sort I've always found attractive. She looks a bit younger than most of her colleagues, perhaps in her mid-twenties. She's also considerably bigger than them, at least fifteen feet tall.

"Hello, boys," she says, beaming down at us. Wow, what a voice. This is practically the stereotypical schoolboy teacher fantasy, right here. Well, maybe not that typical, considering she's freaking huge.

"Um, hi Ms. Pratt," Max says, with a half-wave. He seems really nervous.

"Hi Max. Where are you and your friend going?"

"We were just, uh, heading back to our spot over there by the window," Max says, stopping and stuttering. Max is never like this, he's usually calm and in total control. I look him over quickly, and notice an odd bulge in his pants. Well, now I know what he's nervous about.

Ms. Pratt turns and looks over her shoulder to where Max is pointing. "Well, why would you want to sit over there? It's a very bad idea for the two of you to be exposed right now, without anyone to protect you."

"Well, what would you recommend we do about it?" I ask.

She casts her eyes downward, slyly. "Well, I could make a little room for you right here, on my lap."

Mike seems about to respond, but I quickly pull him aside, yelling over my shoulder, "Um, just let me talk to my friend a second!" I drag him back a little way in Doane's direction, turn back to see Pratt preening herself. Turn again to see that we're facing the backside of the blonde woman who let us in, Ms. Keaton. She's giggling at a bearded man on her shoulder. "What the hell do you think is with these people?" I ask Mike.

"I dunno," He says. "But I get what you're saying. They all seem..." He seems almost afraid to say it.

"Horny." I finish. "Our teachers are completely horny." Come to think of it, all the girls today seem to be weirdly boy-crazy. Rose said something about 'collecting' men, and from what I heard through the walls when Alexa came, she was doing something along the same lines. It could be that these are all aspects of similar behavioral changes, all caused by the incident. Each of them is reacting to it differently, but they really want to have guys around, no matter what size we are.

"So I'm guessing you're dying to be with Ms. Pratt over there," I say.

The quick change in subject throws Max off guard. "Oh, no, uh, yeah, well maybe," he stammers.

"Dude, get a grip. The only way she could hit on you more obviously was if she hitched up her skirt. She's an intern or something, huh?"

"Teacher assistant," Max nods. "Came in March, she sat in on lots of my social studies classes."

"But she doesn't know any of the faculty, and she's as close to our age as she is theirs. So it almost makes sense she'd go after us."

Max frowns. "I don't care why she wants us there. Man, she was all I thought about every time I was in that class. You have no idea..."

"Oh I do," I respond. I'm practically the king of classroom fantasizing. "And I couldn't be happier for you, man. You go get her."

"You really think I should?"

I slap him on the shoulder. "Go live the dream. I'll sit back here and watch." I've got other girls to think about.

So far today I've met two giantesses that I'd consider friendly, Tara and Laura. They're the same height, although Laura's actually a little bit bigger in terms of sheer mass, because she was much shorter than Tara before the accident. So I guess in terms of being able to protect me, Laura wins. Plus, I've always suspected Laura of having a crush on me, and between that and the overall sexual desperation in the air today I've got a really good chance of getting her. Tara's less likely to go for me, but with risk comes rewards: she's a bit prettier than Laura, although neither of them come close to say, Jen Asafrago.

Still, definite positives and negatives for each. But when it comes down to it, I can't really decide which one I like more. I mean, it's not like I even have that much experience with girls. That's why I'm trying to go after them today, when the odds are stacked towards us guys.

I look up and see Max awkwardly trying to clamber onto Ms. Pratt's lap. She positions one of her delicate white hands behind him and pushes him up before taking thumb and finger and gently pinching his ass, causing Max to quickly scramble up her thigh. I wince in sympathy. Ms. Pratt probably doesn't realize that giantesses can't flirt with guys like they normally would, not without some serious bruising.

I should probably give them some privacy. I don't really want to watch one of my friends making out after all. I turn around and start walking, trailing my hand along one of the plastic chairs next to me. I can only reach up to the rim of the seat. As much as it annoys me to admit it, Max was right. I'm a midget among the guys, who are already completely dwarfed by everyone else in the school. As if I wasn't short enough when things were normal.

I suddenly get the feeling I'm being watched. Turning to my left, I see Ms. Keaton looking down at me. The bearded man's no longer on her shoulder. "Hey," she says, a broad, almost sharklike smile on her face, "I never noticed it before, but you're a lot shorter than most of the other guys around here."

I think there's a little more than friendly curiosity in her ice blue eyes. I quickly look at her hands, checking them over. Clear nail polish, very tan like the rest of her skin, but shit, no wedding ring. Now Ms. Keaton's far from bad looking, but she's also something like twice my age. Plus, she's a little overly tanned for my tastes. She's staring at me expectantly. Quick, think of something to say, anything to get you out of this...

"Let me get a closer look at you." Too late. I brace for her to pick me up, but instead she leans over, craning her huge head towards me. I try to remain calm. The gusting sound of breath coming out of her nostrils is nothing to be afraid of. There's no reason to be scared at the thought of her searching me over with those blue eyes. Oh, who am I kidding, I've never been treated like this before and I'm practically close to wetting myself. If this is why girls complain about guys staring at them, I now understand completely.

Mercifully, she backs away. I look her over and notice that she's sitting barefoot and cross-legged on the floor. Like a really skinny, tan female Buddha. For some ridiculous reason, the thought of being in a shrine, appraised by a goddess, enters my mind. I quickly shake my head, and remember that I'm in a high school cafeteria, and that this woman is a former teacher, and hardly a goddess.

"You know, I did you a pretty big favor, letting you and your friend in through the barricade," she says. I get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. "And you haven't done me any favors in return." She gets slowly to her feet, her head rising high above me. Then she lowers herself again, but this time stretches her legs in front of her, her massive bare feet just missing me as she sits.

"What sort of favor would you want?" I ask warily.

"Oh, nothing major," she says. "But now that you mention it, being cramped in this cafeteria is really cutting down my circulation." I follow the length of her legs to her enormous toes, which flex up and down almost hypnotically. "I'd really love it if you could give me a foot rub."

I was worried she'd say that. Damned if she hadn't read me like a book. Yes, I have a foot fetish, just like millions of other people worldwide, it's perfectly normal... Except I never gave much thought to dealing with feet that were almost as long as I was tall. But I'm not sure she'll take no for an answer, so I just shrug and stroll towards her peds. I was right, I'm at eye-level with the tip of her big toenail. I look up and down the wrinkled, pink soles, wondering where exactly to begin.

But before I get a chance to start, there's a loud rustling sound above us, followed by a hideous creak. I look up in time to see a ventilation grate above us break. Two guys come tumbling out, and I realize it's a long drop to the ground. I see Ms. Keaton reach out towards them, hoping to grab them, but she's a little too late. They collapse on the floor with a sharp smacking sound.

There's a collective gasp in the cafeteria, and I see a number of teachers crane their heads in our direction. There's a moment where everyone holds their breath, but the two guys pick themselves up, and seem relatively unharmed. I recognize one as Paul Linnerman, the jock asshole who somehow managed to date both Jen Asafrago and her best friend Alexa on the side without Jen's knowledge. He's about three feet tall compared to our surroundings, which makes him a giant to me. His friend, however, is a good deal taller than that, something like twice my size. He looks like he might be Mexican, maybe an ESL kid.

"You okay?" I ask hesitantly. Paul was one of the few jocks who never picked on me, although he never stopped his friends when they were doing it. I'm not sure whether he's a friend or foe at the moment.

He looks down at himself, brushing dust off his clothes then rubbing his elbows. "Yeah, actually, I'm fine." He sounds surprised. "That was a long way to fall, but I feel okay. But forget me, it's you who should be worried."

"Worried about what?" I ask, taking a half step back.

Paul looks puzzled, then sighs with understanding. "Not about me, man. About the news I'm bringing."

I step forward again. "Okay then, if it's such urgent news, cut to the chase."

"Me and Juan just came from the gym," he says, "Where Alexa and her friends have been, uh, planning things."

I make an impatient gesture. It's clear what he has to say is important, but I wish he'd just say it instead of building the suspense.

Paul nods and then begins talking quickly, almost as if he can't believe what he's saying. "Well, I think she and her friends are trying to take over the school and they think Building A is the best place to start. They want the cafeteria, because it has all the food and they're gigantic and they're already hungry, and once they're out of food Alexa said something about alternatives and for God's sake I really hope it isn't what I think she meant, because if it is we're all totally screwed."

I stare at him for a second, trying to piece everything he just said together. "Wait, the popular girls are coming back here?"

"Yes. And we can't be here when they get back. We, all of us, have got to get out of here," he says, raising his voice and making a sweeping gesture to the whole cafeteria.

Ms. Keaton makes a hushing sound. "We can't leave here. This is the only place on campus that has both food, shelter and running water. We're barricaded, and we'll be safe here as long as we wait it out." There's a general murmur of agreement from the teachers around her, and many of the other teachers turn and begin talking to each other again.

"Well, I think you're right," I tell Paul. "We should leave. But first I've got to get my friend."

"Yeah, do what you have to do," Paul says. "Me and Juan will wait outside."

"Oh no you won't," Ms. Keaton says, scowling down at us. "We're not taking down the barricade, especially not if these girls are coming as you say."

"But if you don't take it down, we're trapped in here," Paul argues angrily. "Like your prisoners!"

I don't bother to listen to Keaton's reply, but instead start moving through the crowd, trying to find Max. If Alexa and her friends are intent on occupying this building, I have no doubt they'll eventually succeed. I don't want to be here when they do. And what was that Paul was saying, that she said something about "alternatives"? I shudder, then quickly try to put that thought out of my mind.

I find Max sitting in the palm of Ms. Pratt's hand, gazing deeply into her eyes. Neither of them is actually saying anything, but Ms. Pratt seems to be making some odd sort of cooing sound.

"Max!" I yell sharply to him. "You've got to come down now."

He absent-mindedly waves a hand at me, and continues staring determinedly at the former TA.

"We're in really, really deep shit if we stay here, man," I call to him. "Alexa and her friends are coming back."

Now he turns to me, an expression of severe annoyance on his face. "I'm busy, Zach. Go find your own girl."

"I'm serious, they're coming here and they want to take it for themselves."

"That's crazy. Who told you that?"

"I did." I turn and see Paul and Juan standing beside me. "And unless we get out now, we're all as good as dead." Paul crosses his arms over his chest. Somehow, he manages to look commanding, even though he's barely taller than Ms. Pratt's thighs.

"Maybe I'd better put you down now, sweetie," Ms. Pratt says, slowly lowering her hand to the floor next to us.

Max frowns, then shoots us a baleful look. "So, what's your plan? We're gonna run and hide again? Find somewhere new to cower in fear?"

"Pretty much -" I start, but I'm interrupted by a gasp from Juan, who's been quiet until now.

He points towards the windows, and quietly mutters, "Somos demasiado tarde."

"Too late for what?" Max asks, then turns and looks towards the window as well. Outside, one can clearly see three tremendous forms moving toward us. I can already feel soft vibrations through the floor as their feet hit the ground. "Aw shit."

"You're right, Juan," Paul says with a sigh. "If we escape now, they'll just find us on the ground. We might as well wait here and at least see what happens." He's got a grim look on his face. I wonder why he's so worried about his own girlfriend coming towards us.

The buzz of talking voices that filled the cafeteria subsides in favor of anxious whispers. A number of teachers move towards the windows, peering out at the three giant girls who are approaching. Their footsteps grow louder, and I can hear the boulders beneath them shifting into different positions as they walk. It seems like they're getting even taller as they approach. I lean back, trying to read their faces, but the windows cut off my line of sight.

Wait, we're on the second floor. Have they grown or something? They're standing in front of the building now, probably ten feet or so away, but if I look straight forward I'm level with an area just above Alexa's slender ankles. I thought Alexa was something like sixty feet tall, which would mean we should be at knee height, at least.

Of course, I now notice that the entire cafeteria seems sloped a little more sharply than normal. This makes sense. When we were transported here, the building must have come off its foundations, and now it's skewing further and further towards the ground. That plus the fact that Alexa is standing on a slight incline has conspired to put us literally at her feet. Looking up as high as I can, I can only see up to the inch or so of bare stomach between her shorts and tank top.

Then she bends down in front of the building, and suddenly her face is filling the huge windows, huge green eyes scanning over the crowd. Teachers scramble to take cover, duck behind tables, the smaller ones cowering behind chairs. Just above my head, I see her pink lips press into a smirk.

A shout reverberates against the windows from outside, and Alexa quickly turns, her massive backside blocking my view. One of the giantesses, I can't tell which, yells out, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

There's an indignant reply, but between Alexa and the windows, I can't make out what's being said. Finally, Alexa stands up, and I see Jamie, Rose and Carla right behind her. "Okay, now I'm scared," I mutter to myself.

I struggle to match the blur of loud voices to the movements of the girls' mouths. Jamie says something like, "Who says you get the caf?" There's a loud, angry reply from Aisha, standing to Alexa's left. She and the rest of the popular girls are standing with their backs to us, so I have trouble understanding them.

Carla says, "You really want to mess with us?" She bends over and out of sight, and when she comes up she's got one of the massive boulders in her hand, raised like she's ready to bludgeon someone with it.

A chorus of replies from the populars, and Alexa takes a huge, threatening step in Carla's direction. Jamie, seeing this, steps in front of her, so they're literally toe-to-toe.

Out of nowhere, Aisha breaks forward with surprising speed for something her size and tackles Jamie, knocking her to the ground. Alexa, shocked, backs away to the side, and leaves me with a perfect view of Aisha straddling Jamie, pinning her to the ground. Carla steps forward with the rock, ready to bash Aisha's head in if she does anything to Jamie. More shouting, the voices crossing over each other so I can't make out what they say, until it seems like they're all yelling at once.

Out of the corner of my eye, I think I see movement. I quickly snap my head to the right and scan over the boulders. What was that, and where did it come from? I look hard, but I can't see what it is. Turning back to the girls, I see Jamie scramble backwards out of Aisha's hold, as her friends back away. Aisha gets up and stands next to Alexa. After all that, Jamie and her friends are just walking away. It's a stalemate, although the look I see in Jamie's eyes tells me it won't stay that way forever.

Behind me, I hear a sharp rattling sound. Someone's banging on the cafeteria doors. I turn and bolt towards them, weaving a tricky path through the teachers. The banging gets louder as I get closer, and I hear someone outside yelling, "Help! Let me in! You gotta let me in!"

Turning to my right, I see that Paul, Juan and Max have followed me to the door. "There's someone out there," I say. "And we can't just leave him outside."

Paul looks over his shoulder, as if to check whether or not Ms. Keaton is watching. Satisfied that she isn't, he turns back to us. "Okay. Juan, you help us move these chairs. If we can get enough of them free, all of us can pull the table, and it should roll far enough for us to let him in."

We quickly get to work moving the chairs, Juan moving fastest. It only takes a few minutes to clear the chairs away, then all of us hook our hands beneath the table and get ready to pull.

Behind us, there's a sharp gasp. "You three! What are you doing to the barricade?!" Yep, Keaton's finally noticed.

"Screw your barricade," Paul shouts back to her. "It's not going to help us anyway. Not when they're right outside the window." And without another word, he nods to us, and we strain and pull. The table slowly shifts out of the way, far enough for Max to jump, grab the door handle and swing it open.

A dark-haired boy wearing jeans and a black t-shirt comes barreling into the room. He almost falls over in his rush to enter, but quickly gets his balance and sweeps his hair out of his eyes. He's at least half a foot taller than me. It takes me a second to realize that it's Carl, the school badass. Right now he has none of the cool self-composure he normally affects. I can see the fear in his eyes.

"There are tons of them, right outside -"

"Only three right now," Max interrupts. "But we know."

From very close behind us, there's a squawk of rage, and I turn to see Ms. Keaton standing directly over us, cheeks red even through her tan. "I told you not to move the barricade!" Her blue eyes are tight and filled with fury. "I am your teacher and you cannot ignore me!"

Even Juan, who seems like a pretty placid guy, looks annoyed at this outburst. But no one gets a chance to say anything back, because there's a tremendous sound coming from the area near the windows. Keaton turns, along with the rest of the cafeteria, and we watch as the entire outer wall collapses before our eyes, in a hail of dust and falling bricks. Pale fingers sweep the wreckage out of the room, and I realize that Christine Colby has just single-handedly demolished the cafeteria's defenses.

The three giantesses bend over, peering into the cafeteria, filling the space where the wall used to be. Alexa, in the center, hovers commandingly over the entire area, a smile slowly spreading across her face.

"Well, look who's here," she says, her earth-shaking voice almost innocent, "I was wondering where all the teachers had gone."

"I wonder if Mr. Basley is here," Aisha rumbles, "I'd like to talk to him about that 'F' I got on his last test."

Christine doesn't even say anything, but there's amusement in her pale blue eyes. One long pale hand is curled over her mouth, as if to keep herself from laughing.

This is really, really bad.

Max makes like he's about to crawl under the table, but I grab his shirt. "Don't be stupid. If they want to throw something, they'll go for the tables first. They move it and you're dead within an instant." He glares at me, but settles back into place.

A female teacher stands at the front of the room, bravely staring straight up at Alexa. "Young lady, you have just destroyed school property. I recommend you leave before further trouble ensues, and you add more offenses to your record." I recognize the blond hair from behind. Ms. Keaton is either insane or has complete trust in her own authority.

Alexa lets out a giggle which could wake the dead. "Ms. Keaton, that is so cute. You actually think you can tell me what to do." She pats Keaton's head with one enormous finger. I silently pray that Alexa doesn't accidentally behead the woman with her French manicure. "Now why don't you go hide with all of co-workers, and let me tell you what we plan to do."

"I will not be spoken to that way, Alexa!" Ms. Keaton cries. "I am your teacher and I demand you show me due respect."

Aisha and Christine stare at the woman with a mixture of surprise and contempt. Keaton looks very small compared to the girls, like a doll trying to command its owner. Alexa's smirk has hardened into a much more dangerous expression. Acting quickly, she reaches out and deals Ms. Keaton a vicious backhanded slap, sending the blond teacher flying across the room. Keaton lands with a sickening smack, and crumples against a wall.

"Is there anyone else here who thinks they're in control?" Alexa demands. There's a long silence. "Good. Now we're going to give you a chance to stay alive. You all go down in the basement and organize yourselves by height. We'll watch you through the windows. Anyone who tries to escape or does anything else funny will be punished. The school is ours now, we're in charge. Got it?"

No one moves, or says anything. No one breathes.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Stand up."

The teachers begin to hesitantly get to their feet. I watch as Christine's mountainous form shifts, leaning to whisper in Alexa's ear.

"Wait," Alexa says. "First, show us where the food is kept."

At this, one of the male teachers towards the front leaps forward, climbing on top of a chair. His hands twitch and shake like he can't control himself. "No!" He screams. "You can't have the food! There's not enough! If you eat it, the rest of us will starve!"

There's a collective gasp that rings out throughout the cafeteria. We all know he's right. I just can't believe he was dumb enough to say it.

"You, you bitches think you can just come in here and rob us of everything! Our food, our authority, our dignity. Damnit, I'm a teacher, and I won't let you do this to me!"

Three other teachers in the man's near vicinity stand as well, and start yelling everything from insults to expletives at the girls above us. An angry murmur runs through the cafeteria. Alexa's eyes shift back and forth from protestor to protestor, and she calls out, "Quiet! Be quiet right now!"

More and more teachers stand up and yell at the girls before them. The murmur is now a roar, and the teachers begin pressing forward. The giantesses look almost unsure of what to do, faced with what is quickly turning into a riot.

I can't really see what happens first. All I know is a chair flies out towards the girls, striking Aisha on the chin. Then there's a scream, and I see that Aisha's raised her hand high over us all, and is grasping the ceiling...

With a mighty shove, she breaks the entire top of the building away, throwing it off to the side. The teachers are no longer pushing towards the front now, but flooding backwards towards us, running to the exits. I stand up and clamber on top of the table, trying to figure out just what's happening, when I look up and see a huge white track sneaker coming down on the edge of the crowd. There's a horrible crunching sound, and I see red surging out from underneath Aisha's shoe.

Everything quickly turns into absolute chaos. Teachers run past us screaming, clawing at the chairs and tables blocking the doors. The white sneaker continues to pound on anything at the right edge of the room, but now there's also a long pale foot in a red sandal which is bearing down on a group of male teachers, who are struggling to get free. One of them claws at the linoleum, his legs trapped beneath the red foam sole which is slowly pressing down. I see his face contort in excruciating pain, and I think I hear the snapping, crunching sound as his legs are ground into paste. Then Christine's foot moves briskly to the side, and where the man's torso was is a red stain.

"We have to get out of here!" I yell out, and I'm not even sure if any of the other guys can hear me.

Paul sees me and nods, looking around. "I'm looking for an exit, but I can't see anything! We've got to stick together though!"

At that very instant, a mob of female teachers, all of them twice our size or more, stampedes past us, knocking Carl over and nearly dragging him along the floor as they hurry to escape. He clutches the side of the table, trying to avoid being carried away. I try to get closer to him and pull him to safety, but Max is already there, and manages to yank him out of the crowd. I think I see Carl call "Thank you", but all I hear is a roaring in my ears.

Christine and Aisha stand, their faces high above us, full of sheer bloodlust. Alexa is kneeling, her hand gliding over the crowd like the claw in an arcade machine, slamming down and killing whoever's unlucky enough to be beneath her. Her green eyes dart back and forth as she finds new victims. Then they lock straight on to us.

"Stop!" She cries out loudly, standing up. "Stop right now!" She pulls her friends backwards sharply. And suddenly everything is completely still.

Paul stares up at his girlfriend, frozen to the spot, eyes blank with terror. She stares back at him, looking shocked and somewhat guilty.

It seems to happen in slow motion. Christine, thrown off balance by Alexa's sharp tug, lurches backwards. One of her pale feet slides forward, the red sandal flying inches above the crowd, then it slams straight into the barricade, punching a huge hole straight through and into the corridor. I can see the wrinkles in her sole as the foot passes by us, bigger than a school bus, with more force than any wrecking ball in existence.

Christine falls over completely, her foot flying back out of the building, and the teachers begins pushing towards the hole. Everything's moving again, and I see Alexa above us raking through the crowd with both of her table-sized hands, in absolute mindless panic, yelling at the top of her lungs, "Paul! Paul! You bastard, where are you?!"

A hand grabs me from behind and pulls me forward into the surging mob of people, and I'm surrounded on all sides by pressing, heaving bodies struggling to move forward. I'm losing air. I can't breathe, everyone is too close...

Just as soon as we enter the crowd we're out of it, pulled to the side, into a small offshoot of the corridor, watching the constant flood of people rush forward through the breach in the wall. I look around, see Paul, Max, Carl and Juan.

"We all made it!" I call out. It seems almost impossibly lucky. Juan nods gravely and lets go of my shirt collar.

But before there's time to even be properly thankful, a booming female voice bellows, "NO!" and there's the sound of walls collapsing. Aisha's arm stretches above us, standing out against the clear blue sky. There's screaming further down the hall. I feel a big hand on my shoulder which turns me around, and I see that we've been sitting with our backs to a door. Juan opens it, and we burst forward into the teachers' lounge.

The tables are all overturned, coffee spilled everywhere, food cartons littering the floor. The cabinets' doors have come off their hinges. We stumble through the mess, as Paul points and yells that he sees an exit. I run towards the door he points at, almost tripping on a discarded box of Oreos, but then I hear Carl call out, "Wait!"

I turn just in time to see something huge land in the middle of the room, with such force that it immediately blows straight through the floor. I feel myself slide downwards as the whole room buckles inwards, debris flying everywhere. I turn my head wildly trying to see where everyone is. Paul, Max and Juan are falling behind me. Carl is nowhere to be found. Then I feel the floor give out beneath me, and we all tumble downwards into darkness.