- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
If you enjoy it, please leave a review! I read everyone and value everyone's thoughts and opinions.
Another typical day, for the most part. Except the part where a 500 foot tall woman nearly stepped on me and almost found me. And... another thing, one I will reluctantly tell you about. Yeah, so after I finished writing the first journal entry I went out to scavenge. I started writing at 5 in the morning and didn't finish till 6. I like to go out early, since there are less people (and giants) around at that time. I "live" in the back of a small shop. It used to be a video game store, from the looks of the sign on the outside and its contents when I first found it. It's good because no one would really come in here for anything. No one needs video games anymore.

I went out and about, looking for whatever i could find that might be useful. Before I left, I'd checked what I had and what I needed. I threw on a face bandana and a beanie. They help keep me a bit warmer and they... ah, forget it. What's the point in lying. I wear them because they look cool, okay?

I grabbed my assault rifle I conveniently found early on during the apocalypse and my knife I'd bought that fateful day. Not to mention by backpack, gloves, coat and everything else you'd expect me to have.

I've only been here for a few weeks, so I haven't explored everything the immediate area has to offer yet. Each day, however, I have to go further and further from home to find anything. Right now, I really need food. It's been a couple of days since I ate. I've got water, which is arguably more important, but food is necessary as well.

Everywhere that had anything of valuable was immediately raided and looted after the first day the big one came. Pharmacies, shopping marts, weapon stores, you name it. That didn't stop me from checking out the nearest shopping mart, though. You probably know this but never have thought about it: all the stuff you actually need in the market, like bread and milk, is in the back. That gave me a little bit of hope that maybe everything wasn't gone.

I neared the shopping mart. It was still mostly intact, though some of the left side was destroyed. A ruined sign, with some letters missing, read "Stop and Shop." I saw no one anywhere around. Not even the giants. Maybe most of the people around here had been killed by them. I don't know.

I continued my journey and entered the store. The whole place was a mess. Displays were knocked over, baskets and carts were strewn everywhere, magazines were ripped up and lying on the ground. Looters had hit this place hard. My heart sank a little. There likely was nothing left that I could have a use for.

I ventured through the aisles, my gun raised and ready all the time. I headed towards the back, as I knew the good stuff would be there, but nothing was there. I headed to my left, to the canned food section. It was my next best bet. Then again, it'd likely be scraped clean by now.

Aisle 14. Canned food. I didn't enter immediately; rather, I leaned against the side of the aisle, with my gun's barrel pointed towards the ceiling. I sighed to myself.

I quickly turned the corner and raised my gun. No one was there. I walked down the aisle, constantly turning around to check my six. No one showed up. I didn't see anything as I walked down the aisle. I was feeling crestfallen, but I noticed something hiding behind a circular column. I got a little hopeful and looked there. I felt elated. There were two cans of sardines. Someone must've passed by them and not stopped to check behind the column. They were hidden fairly well, after all.

I continued going throughout the store but I didn't find anything I could use. As I'm about to leave the store, I heard footsteps behind me.

My gun was on my shoulder, the barrel pointed behind me instantly. I didn't see anyone there. Instead of leaving, I stupidly went to investigate. I should have, could have just left right then with my food and I'd have been fine. But no, I just had to be curious, didn't I?

I was standing at the door and I'd heard the sounds to my right, so that meant since I'd turned around, the sounds would be coming from my left now. Gun raised, I started walking towards the sound as quietly as I could. I checked each and every aisle. 1, 2, 3, 4... I kept going until I reached 14. Canned food. The one everyone would go to. I hadn't seen anything yet, and the sounds did sound a bit faint when I initially heard them.

Like I did before, I rested against the wall of the aisle, only this time it was the opposite one. It was the same position as before, with my gun against my chest and the barrel facing the roof. I was breathing heavily, and, after becoming conscious of it, tried to quiet my breathing. I stopped breathing for a few seconds, listening intently. There was no sound now. If anyone was here, they'd be in this aisle. It was now or never. For all I know, they could be wrapping around the back now and going for me. I needed to act now. Mustering up my courage, I turned the corner and raised my gun.

A tall and heavily built man was standing there. He wore a beanie, like me. He heard me and turned around. His face contorted in surprise and he quickly grabbed a pistol from a holster I hadn't seen.

"Dr-drop it!" I shouted, my voice faltering. I may make myself seem like a tough guy, but I'm actually a big wuss.

"Now..." He said in a deep voice, "let's not do anything brash here. You drop your gun and I'll drop mine. We can talk."

My mind was screaming at me. Telling me, shoot him. Shoot him. He wasn't my friend. I didn't know him. He might shoot me. I ignored my conscience for now and did nothing.

"No, you first," I replied nervously. "C'mon, we can talk."

"I can't do that."

I stood there, eyeing him. His brown beard was pretty long, as he likely hadn't shaved in months. He was a gruff man in his, I'd say, mid 30s. He was big, too. Strong. And here I was, a scrawny 19 year old kid. I was watching him intently, my eyes mainly concentrating on his hands. He held a small silver pistol. His finger wasn't on the trigger, but it was close to it.

"I'm not putting mine down, either. Not until you do. I don't want any trouble," I said to him.

"Then why don't you go, kid? Get out of here. Leave me alone and we can both go our separate ways." His voice wasn't exactly friendly.

I considered his offer. I turned around and got ready to leave, but my mind was shouting at me so loud I couldn't ignore it. I had just turned my back on this man, who had a gun in his hand...

I whipped back around almost immediately. I raised my gun as I did so. My eyes instantly went to his right hand. His finger had moved. It was on the trigger.

I recoiled sharply from the force of my gun. I had never really used it before, if I'm being honest. It's pretty useless against the giants, especially the big ones.

The man crumpled over and fell hard to the ground. He let out a small gasp and I heard a clang as his gun fell with him. There was a hole in his chest. And blood. Lots of blood. It was everywhere. The white tiles became overtaken by the red liquid. His beanie stayed on his head as he lay there on the ground, surrounded by a pool of his own blood.

I was out of there almost as fast as I'd pulled the trigger. I can't believe I'd done that. I ran as fast I could. I wanted to get away from there as soon as possible. My mind kept saying to me that it wasn't my fault, that it's better him than me. If it had to be one of us, it sure as hell wasn't gonna be me. My heart was working double time as it struggled to pump blood to my body. Adrenaline courses through my veins and my breathing increased. I kept running and running.

I wasn't close to home, and it wasn't smart to keep running like I was. I wasn't in danger at the moment, and I'd need to keep energy for the journey back. I didn't stop though.

After a long time running, I realized how stupid I was. I stopped and gasped for air while my mind raced, nearly as fast as I'd been going. If this guy was dead, and he surely was, then his stuff... well, it wasn't his anymore. Anyone could take it. Why wasn't it me? I sighed to myself and kept breathing heavily as my tired legs led me back towards the grocery store.

My legs burned from my pointless run and my chest hurt. I didn't run back this time, though it would have been more fitting to run to the store than from it. I reached the store after some time and entered it. I made my way to aisle 14.

A short trail of blood went from the spot where my bullet hit the man for a few feet where it ended in his motionless body. A pang of guilt and remorse shot through me. I killed this man. He was dead, lying in his own blood, because of me. I kept trying to convince myself that what I did wasn't wrong. After all, how did I know he wasn't going to kill me? I didn't. Better safe than sorry, right?

I walked slowly towards his lifeless body. He was on his stomach. I saw a small red hole near his right shoulder where my bullet had left his body. It had gone clean through, I guess. I turned him over onto his back. He weighed quite a bit, and I could only get him halfway onto his side before gravity or some force pulled him down onto his back.

His once brown beard was now stained red, as was most everything he had. His gray jacket was a dark red. The blood must have seeped through. His eyes were closed, and I didn't really feel compelled to open them. I decided that I should do what I came here to do, then get out.

I searched his pockets and his jacket. He had a few more cans of food on his jacket. I grabbed his pistol as well. Couldn't hurt to have more weapons. He sure wasn't gonna use it again. After a more thorough search, I found a bottle of water in his pocket. Finally, I checked his sack. In it wasn't much, but it was better than nothing. Some more food and some painkillers. Nice. I took the whole sack with me. Some extra storage could be helpful.

I left the store, still shaken by my actions. But hey, it was a successful mission, wasn't it? I needed food, and I gotten it. Sauntering slowly towards my base, I reflected over my actions. I still couldn't seem to convince myself that I wasn't wrong.

As I was walking home, I heard a slight rumbling noise.

"Ah, fuck..." I cursed to myself.

Those noises really could only mean one thing: it was a giant. I'm just glad it wasn't one of the big ones, or I'd really be done for.

I stopped my canter and broke into a sprint. I wasn't too far from home now. The booms got louder and the earth started to shake more. I thought she was behind me, but as I looked over my shoulder I saw nothing there. Just the usual deserted cars, looted stores and run down town.

I continued my run and came to a crossroads. I recognized it. It was only a few blocks from my base. I turned around again and again didn't see anything. I looked back towards the crossroads and BOOM.

A huge foot, about as large as the crossroads, slammed down in front of me. I was knocked back a few feet from the force. The giant's red toenails shone bright. I sat there on my ass in sheer terror. I was helpless. I looked up at the giant. Her brown hair flowed down past her shoulders. If she looked down, I was about as well off as the man in aisle 14.

Cowering in fear, I stared at her large left foot. Her right passed by overhead in the same direction her left was facing. It came down with a large thud and her left followed suit. She stomped away, and I was just about as lucky as can be. Bewildered and frightened, I staggered the next few blocks back to base.

I was just about the enter home when I looked out in the distance. The Toes stood there, just like usual, powerful and menacing. The Toes are, well toes. Colossal, enormous, gigantic toes. They must belong to the leader or mother or something. They're even bigger than the toes of the woman on the first day. Almost since the beginning, they've just been there. They must be dozens, maybe even hundreds of miles tall. They're probably visible from most parts of the country. Twice they've lifted up with loud creaks and moans, then slammed down with thunderous force, crushing multiple towns and cities instantly and shaking the earth violently for miles around. I don't know about others, but I live in constant fear of them. You never know when they might raise again, and since they're so massive, there's a good chance they'll step on you, and the undersides of a woman's toe could be the last thing you'll ever see.

That brings me to now. Writing this to you. I guess I needed to vent my emotions and get them out of my system. My fear, my guilt, my thoughts. The day to day struggle never gets easier. Only tougher.
Chapter End Notes:
Not too much giantess content in this chapter. Sorry.