- Text Size +

Watching a fifteen foot giant smile at you makes you nervous as a man, no matter the intent. I made my way over to the table she was sitting at when her assistant lifted me up and set me on top in front of Francesca.


“That will be all. May we have the room for a moment.” Francesca requested. Without any words, the assistant quietly left, closing the door behind her. 


“How do you like my place, Ross. I hope you find it welcoming. You must not see places like this very often.” She noted, clearly making digs at my societal status.


“Nope, not at all. But then again, this is what I find wrong with our society. The wealth and power some of you have is unnecessary to say the least.” I said, attempting to put her in a less commanding position.


She stared at me, still smiling. “Do you know what I do, Ross? For work?” 
I shook my head signifying that I did not know.


“I didn't think so. I work for the company Scaled. You've heard of it, yeah?” She asked.


“Of course. They provide the shots that accompany every one of our paycheck. They recalculate our wealth and create a serum that will resize us accordingly.” I said.


“Very good, well I'm in charge of our finances funny enough. But do you have any idea why the company began?”


“Yes. To make our world safer and reduce the violence of men.” I told her, reciting the reasons we had always been told.


“Yes, that is what you've been told by the media WE create. But let me tell you something, Ross. Crime is the same now as it had been before. Nothing has changed other than you are smaller. Not only that but the world hasn't really changed that much. Rather this system we have only benefits a few...me included. If you look at some of the wealthiest people now, you'll notice family lineages that dominate the charts. We have simply created a system to keep certain people in power and certain people NOT in power…like you.” She told me.


“Oh really? Why are you afraid of me? Why should I believe what you're saying?” I asked, doubting her theory.


“I'm not afraid of you. Especially now.” She said, poking my chest with her finger, causing me to flip on my back. She pinched my jaw between her oversized fingers, and continued her rant. “This mouth will never bite the hand that feeds it. You will do as I ask and I shall do as I please. That's our system.”


I gripped onto her fingers, fighting to free my face. “You're a fucking liar you sadistic bitch!”


She began laughing loudly, either humored by my disbelief or me feeble attempts to free myself. “Ross. There are tapes made to show why this company was created. Zara's great grandmother was the founder. Talk about a stern, fiery woman. She hated men, and you can see that by the status she created for you all.”


“Tapes?” I asked. 


“Yes, nothing you should concern yourself with. I'm simply stating it’s no accident men are the lowest of the low. And that will never change. Get used to it.” 


“I refuse to get used to it. So you and the company you work for can fuck off.” I replied in hatred. 


“I know the truth hurts, but you WILL show some respect with that mouth of yours.” She grabbed me harshly in one hand and tossed me to the floor. “Don't make me remind you of that again. Now go join your bimbo girls.”


I began walking off, muttering “Bitch” loudly enough for her to hear. I noticed a shadow growing rapidly on the ground around me, but failed to act in time before Francesca’s foot landed on my back, pressing me into the ground. She held me there for a moment, gradually pressing her warm sole harder into my back. 


“You know I could end your existence with a wrong step. Isn't that crazy to think about. My foot has the power to end your life.” The pressure increased as her toes pressed down, causing the air to race from my lungs. I squirmed to free myself but did little other than entertain the giantess. She laughed and finally lifted her foot away. “We’ve had enough fun for one day. Now leave.” 


Without another word, I made my way to the exit and left, never taking the time to look back at her. I walked through the front making my way over to the pool when I stopped to think about everything Francesca had discussed. I watched Zara and her friends jumping in and out of the pool, thinking about their families and who they must have been. Important people keeping their kin wealthy seemed like a trend. I was going to need to talk with my the mysterious woman about these people and this society. She would confirm Francesca’s claims if they were true. I took a final glance at the party, but decided it was time to leave. 


I took a taxi back to my neighborhood but decided I would make a quick stop to see Vee. A woman with zero strings attached, who was a perfect stress reliever. I walked into the same strip club and asked one of the girls if they had seen her. She pointed to a door in the back as she continued to entertain her guests. 


I walked into the hallway and down to the door where she had indicated and jiggled the handle. The door popped open, leaving a crack to peer through. 


“Who is it?” A familiar voice called out. 


“It's me again.” I replied, hoping she would remember me. 


I could hear footsteps approaching the door, and I pushed on the door gently, revealing the amazon behind. She smiled down at me before gesturing for me to enter. I entered, slipping past her thighs as I did, and made my way to a vacant chair.


“So, you must have enjoyed last time.” She said.


“I did. But I’m not here today for that. I just wanted to ask you some questions. Is that alright? I’ll still pay you.” I asked, trying to sweeten the deal.“Oh sure. But you don’t even have to pay me. Just massage my feet. They’re a little sore from standing on them all day.”


Vee grabbed a chair and placed it across from mine before lifting one of her giant peds and setting it down onto my lap. The weight of her foot alone put an uncomfortable amount of pressure on my legs. I worked fast to unbuckle her heel, hoping it would reduce the weight to make this bearable. I tugged vigorously, finally removing the heel as she giggled at my struggle. 


“I’ll get the other one.” She told me while removing her other heel. She then crossed one foot over the other in my lap before shaking her foot back and forth, signaling for me to massage them. With both hands, I grabbed the foot facing me and began kneading my thumbs into the arch of her foot. Her toes scrunched in reaction to my work. 


“Oh yes. That feels amazing. So what did you want to talk about?”


I was so focused on massaging her soles that I ignored her question. I was in a trance as I rubbed up and down her warm soles. Suddenly her other foot came down and her toes snatched one of my wrists.


“Hello?”


I looked back up at her face and smiled, embarrassed. 

“That's right. So I wanted to ask you. If you think someone is exploiting another that's your friend but you don't have any proof, would you tell your friend still?” I asked, creating parallels of my dilemma.


“Hmmm. I think your friend should be aware. Yes, definitely.” She replied.

“Even if your friend is likely to react despite you having zero evidence.” I continued.

“It's your friend. I'm sure you can calm him down. Either way, it's best he knows.”

With those replies, I had made up my mind. I was going to tell all the men I represented what I knew. What Francesca had admitted to me. What the mystery woman was trying to change. It was best they knew. I zoned out for a moment thinking about my next move. I continued to rub her feet as I sat in thought when it graciously popped into my head. My speech! I would need to announce it publicly. The idea brought a wide smile to my face. 

“What are you smiling about?” She asked.

“It's a secret.” I told her jokingly.

“Oh I see. Well just make sure you keep putting those hands to work.” She told me as she stretched her legs out, her sole pressing me into the back of my chair. My head was trapped in the undersides of her toes and I could barely move my hands to continue her massage. She giggled at the sight of me trapped underfoot. After several minutes of enduring her “torture”, she pulled both her feet back towards her. 

“There you are!” She laughed. “Btw how do you like my nails?”

She placed her hand-sized toes on my thighs and wiggled them to show them off. They were a dark indigo blue but in the light there was a pretty underlying turquoise color. I grabbed her foot and scooted it upwards while bending my head over. I gently kissed the tops of her toes.

“Every part of you is beautiful.” 

She blushed and turned to the side. I continued to smile at her before tapping her foot. 

“Thanks Vee. Now I have to run. There’s a lot to prepare for tomorrow. It's gonna be a big day.”

She lifted her feet from my legs and set them back on the ground. 

“No, thank you Ross. I look forward to seeing you again.”

I waved goodbye before making my way out of the room and back to the entrance of the club. I hurried home, thinking of possible things to mention in my speech, repercussions of doing so, as well as other potential action I might need to take for this message to spark a fire. Although my motivation was high, I was insanely tired. It was late and I was exhausted. By the time I arrived home, I had just enough energy to crawl into bed and close my eyes.

---


The next morning I awoke to my blaring alarm which was a great reminder that today was a work day for me. Although most days I could choose to work from home or not, today was one of those days. Twice a month I was required to give a speech to all men on updates of laws or progress that had been made for us. It was important to hear. Not just because every man wanted to see what I had done, but because if new laws were created, they had to know. But today was going to be different. Instead of the typical uninspiring messages, I was going to deliver a true message for the people. 


As I readied myself for work I thought of things that sounded inspiring or almost presidential. Like I was the leader of a revolution and I need them. I jotted my thoughts into my phone; I would draft them into a full speech once I arrived at work with my team. I picked out a clean fitted suit and combed my hair to the side before taking one last look in the mirror. Today was the beginning, the beginning of change. 


I aggressively opened the doors to my office, sending them flying open. I wanted a confidence to resonate from me that gave off the “don’t fuck with me today” vibe. I immediately looked to my team who was huddled together around our team table and looked them all in the eyes sternly.


“Check your emails. Drop whatever you're doing and draft a speech for me. I want it done in the next couple of hours to proof and add my own touch to it. This is important so don’t give me anything but a yes today. Understood?”


They all nodded their heads and immediately took off back to their desks. I walked to my desk as well to make some phone calls. I was going to need to make sure my colleagues didn’t say anything to contradict my claims...I didn’t care if I had to blackmail them. NO ONE was going to fuck this up. I closed the door behind me and began dialing numbers.


---

After several hours, I had managed to get everyone on board although no one other than my team was truly aware of what I was about to do. This was unprecedented and I couldn’t spoil the surprise. My team met my expectations on the speech, hitting all the important points while keeping the message direct and fiery. As I worked to add more of me into the speech, a knock came upon my door.

“Yes. Come in.” I shouted.

It was my policy drafter and he did not look excited. “Sir. I just want to make sure that you really want to go through with this. Women, particularly powerful women, will not be pleased and will surely become hassles to any future progress. Can you back these accusations? I mean this with all due respect.”  

“Denny, I can’t express just how sure I am about this. If you have anything helpful to say please do. Doubt will not be tolerated today. Now leave.”

His face saddened. If only he understood how invested I was in this...how sure I was of this, then just maybe he could understand. I continued to revise the speech until finally creating an admirable piece of work. I walked outside my office, shouting to my staff.

“Someone have this on the teleprompter ASAP!” 

It was time. My adrenaline was pumping, yet my focus was better than every. I straightened my tie, pushed my hair in place and walked to the stage where we delivered our news. It seemed odd not having a live audience, but I knew TVs everywhere would be watching and I needed to make them feel my passion. 
After several minutes of set up, the cameraman gave me a countdown.

5…4…3…2…1…

I looked square in the camera and began to speak the truth. “Men everywhere! I look to you now and I tell you: NO MORE! This is the day where I said we’ve had enough. This society has been built on lies and I am here to share with you those EXACT lies. Listen closely as I speak to your ears to allow you to open your eyes!...”

Sometimes the truth hurts.