- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here we find out what this device is that Drake has gotten himself a hold of.

This is a short chapter but immediately leads to the stuff we have all been waiting for.

As the bus arrived to our house, Kaylee and I both arrived to our empty home. Kaitlyn was nowhere to be seen. She must be off with friends since she doesn’t have school to worry about anymore. Not until College starts for her in the spring that is.

After arriving to my room, I turn on my computer and then take out the device that Ricky found. Upon closer examination, I notice a faint label etched into it.

“Hmm, A –S – H – B – U – R – G – E – S?”

Ashburge’s

I recognize that name. It is the company that makes all of our school’s lab equipment.

Ashburge is the name of the man who started it. It’s a very local business but he does very good quality stuff. That’s why our school has such an edge in the science field compared to everyone else.

Strange though, why would he have his company make something like this?

Curious, I get on my computer and type up his name. I go to the most updated website only to find out that this Ashburge fellow has been missing for about 3 months. Police reports haven’t turned up any news. Yet he wasn’t married, had no children. The guy also doesn’t seem to have any family that they could call to inform them of his disappearance.

“Strange,” I say to myself.

Well good think it is Friday. I will have time to look more into this tomorrow.

I turn off my computer, and immediately notice violent vibrations coming from my backpack.

“Oh shit not again.”

I head over and open my backpack to see the entire inside of my backpack is glowing with the blue emitting from the device and this LED screen lit up with a number on it.

I try twisting the same nob as earlier but it was locked in place. So I try twisting the other side. It twists, however all it does is change the number. I notice it going from 15, to 10, to 5, to 2.5.

Curious, and desperate to get it to stop, I try seeing what the lowest setting is to try and see if activating whatever it is will work. I turn the nob down to 1, then try again and it reads 0.5, I turned the nob and the number didn’t change. This must be its lowest setting. Well a 0.5 factor change is better than a drastic change so I hit the only button I could find on the device.

“Shrinking sequence initiated.”

“Oh shit! Oh shit! No no no no no I should NOT have done that until I was ready!”

Frantically, I point it at something, anything I can to make sure I don’t get hit.

Unfortunately for me, the entire thing lit up with blue electricity and zapped the shit out of me. The power it emitted caused the thing to shoot off and break through my window. I had no sense of direction whatsoever and I was trying to gain my vision back but everything was a blur.  I stumble to what I think is my bed and I collapse onto it and pass out.

Chapter End Notes:

Uh Oh. Looks like Drake is in for more than he bargained for when keeping that device.