- Text Size +

Perhaps dear reader you are now expecting me to describe in great length and detail the nature of the experiments conducted at the Roswell airfield? You would perhaps believe given the intricate focus I’ve conducted for the opening of this piece that I wouldn’t let a single day of dear Rowan’s life slip by without constant surveillance or scrutiny?

Certainly it is my natural impulse; I am a stickler for information and have a great deal of fondness for focusing on the little things that help to shape the characters I chronicle. However, at the end of the day these are their stories and theirs alone, and it is ultimately their decision whether or not to share those experiences. As it so happens, I am pleased to say that our dear Rowan took it upon herself to start writing a journal the very first day she was given a room in the facility.

Like so many people who start off strong with the creation of a journal, her opening few chapters were spaced quite close together, but grew further and further apart as she grew accustomed to her surroundings. Her sunny disposition effortlessly won over the staff and crew in the labs, and her boundless enthusiasm to help out wherever she could lead to her becoming a favourite of both soldier and scientist alike.

As it so happened, the girl’s demands were considerably easier than even she had expected.

‘Day 3,

Colonel Blanchard came and spoke to me today while I was having lunch with Mr. Berkley. He told me that he’d made some inquiries into hiring William and Sprout. Turns out that William had already been short-listed for a position as soon as his training was finished – big surprise there – and although Sprout was failing miserably in just about every physical field, his aptitude for anything involving writing is far above those of his peers. Colonel says that even though there’s no chance of him getting a job as a soldier, in a year or two he can have him brought on as an intern for the science team!

I’m so happy; everyone here is way nicer than I was expecting. Might be because I can make myself tall as a tree, might not. Either way, I’m glad I’m here.’

‘Day 4,

I got to talk to one of the construction team members – a fellow called Paul - about having a special room made just for me! It won’t even be a house like we’d build on the surface; it’ll be a huge underground room! They’ll dig it out of the soil and make it so big that I’ll be comfy inside it no matter how big I get. They even said they’ll see about making me bigger furniture, just in case I get too tall and it sticks!

He was a real sweet bean he was, told me his young lady friend used to have dreams just like this. I hope the two of them are real happy together! And hey, if she ever winds up crashing into a flying saucer falling out of the sky, maybe her can build her a big ol’ bed as well!



I should also say, to be completely honest, I did also have a slight accident in the lunch room earlier. I was having a bite to eat, and I started daydreaming about young William. I, uh… well… I got a little carried away. They said it won’t be too hard to replace the chairs or the tables, but the crater in the floor shaped like my backside is going to be a little more difficult to repair.

I’m gonna need to be real careful about these powers in the future; gotta be ‘mindful’ the colonel says. I think he means I need to think about it a lot? No worries about that though, it’s not like I can forget!

Anyway, I’d best get off to bed, got a big day ahead of me tomorrow. Colonel says we’re gonna go out as far into the desert as we can so we won’t be interrupted, then he says I’m to make myself as big as I possibly can! I’m excited to find out, but I’m also a bit nervous about it too. I hope I don’t do something stupid.’

‘Day 5,

Wow. Well. Colonel says that we’ll have to run some more tests in the future, but today’s test was wild! There was nothing around to really compare myself to besides the jeep and the people, but, I can make myself real big. Like, real real big. Like, so big that I’m pretty sure I could hold my old house in the palm of my hand big!

So, here’s how it all went down.

I got up first thing and had a big, hearty breakfast. Cook’s name was Sylvia; she seems like a nice lady, and she made me a whole bunch of bacon and eggs! Haven’t had any of those since my birthday last year, and boy was it something, let me tell you! Anyway, after that I put on some of the new clothes the team bought me, hopped in a car with the Colonel and a few of the scientists and drove out for about an hour into the desert.

The fellas asked me if I needed a hat or something, but I told them I was used to the heat, which is true I suppose, but I just didn’t want to cause them any trouble honestly. We’d already been driving for ten minutes after all. When we finally got to the spot, I decided it would be a good idea to take off the clothes before the experiment began instead of during. Colonel asked if I’d like a screen to undress behind, but I just told him he was being silly. It’s not like anyone wasn’t gonna see everything anyway, and I didn’t mind really. I knew none of them meant me any harm.

So, I took off my kit and put it in the car ‘til later. Colonel asked me to go for it, but also insisted that I take my time if I needed to. Honestly, I couldn’t wait to get started! I know young ladies are supposed to be modest and demure and such, but something about this gift is more than a little intoxicating. It’s like a nice home cooked meal, or a tall, cool glass of strawberry milk; you just want more of it as soon as possible!

As soon as I’d been given the go ahead, I let loose. It was slow at first, but the longer I kept that little mental squeeze going, the faster I grew! I could feel the sand under my feet compacting and sinking in on itself, feel the sun covering more and more of my skin as I swelled and swelled and swelled… Golly, I’ve become really fond of that word all of a sudden! I admit I’m blushing just a little as I write this, but I didn’t just make myself taller during the experiment.

Once I got past a few dozen feet or so, I started to get this impulse deep in my belly, like I wasn’t getting ‘big’ enough, if you understand me? It was a hunger I guess, like the feeling you get when you’ve not eaten all day… only I wasn’t hungry for food, I was hungry for… bulk? Size? Curves? I don’t quite know really, all I know was I just couldn’t let it go. I started making my, uh… lady parts bigger. My bosom, my backside, my hips, my legs, even my tummy; I just blew them all up! I could feel the extra weight being added on, but it never felt too much for me to handle. I felt strong! I felt really strong! Not just strong though, I felt… something else. I got the same feeling I felt whenever I watched William during training, the little flutter in my stomach like I wanted something… sinful.

I’m glad nobody else will ever read this diary, because let me tell you, I got a little flustered looking down at those little folks down below. The longer I looked at the jeep and the bigger I got, the more I wanted to… I don’t know, play with it? Does that make sense? I wanted… Uh… maybe I should think about this a while longer before I try to explain it. I don’t think I can tell the Colonel or the science folks about this though; they might get the wrong idea. They might have already guessed, but none of them have said anything. They are clever clods after all.

Oh! Before I forget; my clothes didn’t fit properly when I put them back on after the experiment was over! When I brought myself down to my normal size again, I could squeeze into my dress and my under-garments, but they felt like they were just a bit too tight for me. I knew they fit earlier in the day, and I couldn’t make myself any smaller, so… maybe they shrank in the heat? Is that a thing that can happen? I guess I’ll find out…’

‘Day 82,

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later; I broke one of the cars today. The Colonel and I were out in the desert working on some balance tests, trying to see if my level of acrobatic skill is the same when I’m small as when I’m big. I like to think I’m a pretty good gymnast most of the time, but we all make mistakes… Just so happens that my mistake today ended with a trip, a stumble, and a twisted pile of rubber and metal that used to be a jeep stuck to my rear-end.

I was scared beyond belief, let me tell you – but if I was scared, I can only imagine how the science team was feeling! They had to run like the dickens to get clear when I fell; a few seconds either way and I might have had more than a car under my caboose. It definitely didn’t help that my backside was considerably larger than normal during the test; that was kind of the point of course, but still. The good news is the Colonel assured me that it’ll be easy to replace, but I still feel mighty bad about wrecking the thing.

Since we were still miles out into the desert, I insisted on carrying everyone back to the base. There was a bit of apprehension from some of the gents who were worried about winding up like the jeep, but I managed to convince them to give me a second chance when they remembered how many hours it would take to walk back on their own.

The Colonel accepted, though he insisted that I make myself smaller once we got in sight of the base; didn’t want to risk anyone in town seeing me… or thinking that my footsteps were an earthquake, haha!

‘Day 282,

I tried out something a little different for sleeping last night; it was definitely an unusual evening for sure, but I can’t say I didn’t really enjoy it! Been thinking for a while now about why it is that getting bigger feels so… good. It can’t just be a power rush otherwise it probably would’ve worn off by now, right? I didn’t know if it was just getting taller, or getting wider, or getting more… womanly. Is that how you’d describe it? Darned if I know.

Anyhow, I sat in my room before bed and tried to work out what it was that I was aching for each time I got bigger. I mean, there’s the… uh… ‘human urges’ that I suspect most folks get, but obviously it’s a little different in my case. I tried focusing on just growing one bit of me at a time, though it takes a heck of a lot of concentration. Most of the time I just wind up making all of me bigger; not that I’m complaining of course!

But after a long while of practicing, I managed to get some small amount of a handle on growing just a single body part… more or less. Still got bigger overall, but some parts grew faster than others. Feels like getting ‘rounder’ is just about the bee’s knees as far as what feels positively Heavenly! My backside, my bosom and especially my belly just give me this immense feeling of blissful comfort when they get bigger. Though it’s a little different for each one.

My backside getting more bulbous tends to make me feel a whole lot more comfy when I’m sitting around. My breasts swelling up like balloons makes me feel more than a little… flustered, particularly when I’m thinking about dear William. But when my belly bulges, I can’t help but feel a deep down satisfaction; the same kind of feeling you get after a hearty breakfast, only way bigger! I feel absolutely stuffed, but not in a sickly way… Like it’s just the right amount to make you feel like you could just lay down and sleep for hours.

With that exact idea in mind, I chose to try not sleeping in my own bed. I sprawled out on the middle of the floor and just sort of… let myself go. Not too big! Not so big that I broke the room or cracked the floor or anything; just big enough to sleep on myself.

It was the most comfortable night of rest I’d ever had, but I also don’t feel like I can do it on the regular. Had a knock on my door first thing this morning and had to scramble to get back to my regular size; wouldn’t be very dignified to be found sleeping on a mattress of your own backside, let me tell you!

Still, it’s an amazing feeling. Took a fair amount of focus to not just keep on getting bigger… To be honest, I’m almost afraid of that feeling. I’m worried that someday I won’t be able to control it, and I really don’t want to hurt anyone by accident.

Anyhow, got some chores that need doing, more tomorrow!

‘Day 402,

I had a slight accident earlier today. Lucky for me, nobody was hurt, but it was still a tad embarrassing. I was in my room toying around with making myself bigger and smaller, and I decided to do something that was, in retrospect, maybe a little bit of a bad idea.

See, I’d noticed that the water heating tank in the far corner of the room would start to rattle and shake whenever I had a shower for more than a couple of minutes. I suppose that’s a normal thing for pipes and metal and such to do when you put a lot of pressure on them, but whenever I made myself bigger, I would notice that the top half of the water heater is… uh… Gosh, I feel red in the face writing this down. It’s a really nice shape. And I’d been thinking about it on and off for a week or so now, but today I decided to go through with my impulses.

Starting off at my regular height, I stepped into my shower, took off my clothes and switched on the hot water as far as it would go. Tempered it with a bit of cold of course; no need to waste the opportunity to have a good shower after all! But when I heard the heater beginning to jostle about, I stepped out, made myself bigger and…

It was an awkward position to put myself in; even with how big my room is and how high the ceiling goes, the heater is still nestled right in the corner and there’s a couple of safety fences in front of it. Well, were in front of it; my thighs might have flattened them just a little. But boy, it felt so worth it! The metal was really hot, and I reckon if I’d been my regular height when I touched it I probably would’ve burned myself, but the tests have shown time and time again that my bigness comes with comparable toughness… and sure enough, I could handle the heat just fine! Better than fine even, it was incredible! The shaking, bouncing vibrations of the hot metal between my legs felt indescribably good. My hands are trembling just remembering it; if I hadn’t gotten a bit too… enthusiastic with my motions, I’d probably do it again!

As it so happens, I’ve already had to apologize to Paul and the plumbers for bending all the pipes out of shape. He was curious at first what I’d done to them to leave the shapes I had, but when he saw the look on my face, he told me not to worry about it – said he’d fix it all just fine. He did make me promise not to do ‘whatever I did’ again though, which is fair I guess.

I feel bad for making trouble for the team, I really do… but… truthfully I think I’d do it again. Like, I don’t want to break the heater, I don’t want to make extra work for anyone, but the urges I get when I’m bigger are getting more and more intense as the months pass. I’m a little bit worried about what I might do if I lose control again…

… but I’m also real keen to feel that rush one more time. It’s a real shame that I’m not allowed to grow myself within the grounds of the main airport surface; the control tower looks really, really comfortable.’

Chapter End Notes:

This story was a commission for Berggie.

 

If you'd like to commission me, hit me up on my D.A account: PerspectiveShift