- Text Size +

Oliver the Tour Guide

True to his word, After Oliver completed his morning ablutions he took Deacon out for a tour of the school’s massive grounds. Crossing the open expanse of the Commons, Oliver spied Brooklynn out for her morning jog. Raising a hand, he waved at her. Seeing him, she altered her direction, running toward the two boys.

“Holy shit! Are you for freaking real right now? That girl looks like an angel descended from heaven,” Deacon declared, bringing his right hand to his mouth and gnawing on a knuckle.

Oliver laughed, “She is definitely a beauty,” he agreed, eyes like Deacon’s, glued to Brooklynn as she approach, wide smile of her exceptionally pretty face.

“Hey Oliver,” Brooklynn said, pulling up in front of the two boys, swiping a hand across her damp brow.

“Brooklynn,” he replied, grinning at her, “this is my new roommate Deacon,” he introduced.

Up close, she was even more devastatingly gorgeous. “Ah, er, hi,” Deacon babbled, tripping over his tongue and averting his eyes.

Fully cognizant the heat of her presence was having on the lad, she giggled, “Hi Deacon,” she replied.

Checking his watch, “Isn’t it a little early for your usual morning run?” Oliver inquired.

Patting her midriff, “Trying to keep Mother Nature’s curse at bay,” she replied, expression turning glum.

After a momentary pause, both boys seemed to clue in. “Oh, oh,” said Oliver, grinning feebly through his awkward discomfort. Deacon remain silent.

“Tonight’s your big night eh?” she asked, smile returning to her comely face.

Oliver grinned sheepishly, “Yeah.”

Reaching a hand up, Brooklynn cupped Oliver’s cheek, “Sersei is going to be one lucky girl,” she stated, giving him a sly look.

Color bloomed in Oliver’s face, “No, it’s not like that,” he babbled shyly.

Brooklynn chuckled, sweet, not mocking, “Sersei is a formidable young woman and it’s okay for you to feel, how do I say this properly, a little, no, a tiny bit anxious,” she said, dragging the tips of her fingers across his cheek as she removed her hand.

The electric sensation of her touch left Oliver speechless.

“Anyway, it was nice to meet you Deacon. Oliver, see you later tonight, maybe,” she said with a wink, “but I have got to get moving again,” she added, bending from side to side before resuming her run.

Speaking emphatically, “Dude, whoa,” Deacon nodded his head once. “She is even more gorgeous up close,” he breathed reverently.

Oliver nodded in agreement.

“I would literally give one of my nuts, probably the left one to get inside that girl’s panties, you have no idea,” Deacon proclaimed, admiring Brooklynn’s exquisite body as she departed.

Eyes also on the retreating form of the blonde girl, Oliver laughed, “Now you sound exactly like Cam,’ he compared.

“Who is Sersei, and what did she mean see you later? Dude?” Deacon asked, turning to face Oliver once Brooklynn vanished from sight.

“Sersei is Cam’s sister and I sort of won a date with her,” Oliver replied, lifting his arm and shaking the wrist with the three bands encircling it.

“The tokens you spoke about? You lucky bastard,” Deacon congratulated, envy dripping in his voice. “Tonight?”

Oliver nodded.

“How does that work?” Deacon asked fervently.

“Well the girls give you a band and when you get three you win a date with one of those three, at least I think that’s how it works. Cam got three and Bear got three,” he explained.

“Your former roomie got three? I thought he checked out?” Deacon queried.

Oliver nodded, a pensive look crossing his features, “He left abruptly. I have no idea whether or not he even got to go out on his date. Sersei said Bear blew out his knee the night he got his third,” he verbalized, mind trying to connect the dots.

“And now you got three? On the one hand, Omega Pi, on the other, seems like those bands are tied to calamity,” Deacon expressed, holding his out palm up as if weighing the options.

Oliver turned his head to the other boy, “Yeah,” he said softly, nodding slowly.

“Maybe those beautiful little honeys are so voracious, they sexed the other guys into a coma, god what a magnificent way to go,” Deacon breathed, closing his eyes.

“Hey, funny you should say that. If some weird circumstance crops up and for whatever reason I don’t come back, I should give you my cell number,” Oliver suggested.

“By weird circumstance, do you mean like in congress with your lady friend Sersei?” Deacon said with a snicker.

“Just call it a precaution, and we should like have a code of some type, you know, like dialogue from a movie or something. Not Full Metal Jacket though,” Oliver recommended.

Deacon chuckled, “I got one. I’m navel lint, I’m not worth a bullet,” Deacon said.

“What?” Oliver asked, not recognizing the line.

“True Lies? Bill Paxton? Come on. What about you? What quote would you use?

Oliver seemed to ponder the notion a moment then grinned, “Deserve’s got nothing to do with it,” he replied, doing his best Clint Eastwood impression.

“Is that from The Outlaw Josey Wales?” Deacon asked, raising an eyebrow.

Oliver snorted, “Unforgiven,” he answered. “At least you got the right actor.”

“Okay, I guess we got a code then, navel lint, and deserve,” Deacon stated, wobbling his head from side to side. “You want to trade digits?”

Oliver nodded. “Actually, let me give you mine and I’ll give you my stepdad Stan’s too, just put it as my business phone on my contact information, or home phone, whatever, just in case you can’t get through on my cell,” he said.

Within moments, the two had created contacts for one another. As they continued their walk, each boy espoused the virtue of the movie from which they had extracted the quote, which led to a broader discussion between which actor enjoyed a better or more popular movie career, Arnold Schwarzenegger or Clint Eastwood.