- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Since the upcoming are still really short, they'll be posted by two !

Wait for the fun to come :D

 

 

 “Klein fighter.”


 It’s me… can’t believe it’s me… anyway, I walk towards them as we’ve learned during this whole summer. It’s strikingly hot here with beaming sunlight. But it’s good weather for this kind of occasion (at least I think). Anyway yeah, there you have it. Here I am. I stand vigilant. I wait for them to call out the two next in line (I barely remember their name) – I’m in my personal bubble. It’s my turn now. Okay! Here we go, we’re all three aligned. They greet us and we return in unison. Graduation and all the hoofta – it’s the colonel himself who hands me my helmet.

 “Congratulations Klein fighter, welcome aboard.”  

 It’s August 2014 and I’ve finally graduated as a voluntary fireman. Even if I’m only considered voluntary status, it’s nonetheless somewhere to start my professional career. I am a major of my staff promo. I feel a bit anxious and I know exactly just why: I succeeded even after the shit I’ve been through to get here. They don’t precisely know how I came into the world of rescuing and they’ll probably never will, but this is only the first triumph – MY first glorious victory. As for my journey, I completed high school three years ago and I head towards the faculty. Three years of high school were thrived from those of college and I can only thank God that I’m better able to integrate myself into society. Deep down inside, I’m still the introverted and timid child, but I still make effort to become much more approachable. I had also passed my Baccalauréat this year with honors. Nobody was surprised (not even me). The craziest thing from all of this is that I had nothing to do with this. I just want to get into college sports, do my three years of college, and take my role as a professional fireman. I’ll get there and I know I’ll get there.  

 If you’re wondering whatever happened to Alice or Paul, I never heard back from them. I just know that they tried their Bac, but I don’t know if they got through it. I lost all trace of Alice since she left to study in boarding school, so she went to a school much different than mine. Since the time we parted our ways, I never found a girl as charming, funny and smart as her. No girl sparked my attention, yet she remains sternly fixed in my thoughts; as far back as my memory can go.  

 What else is there to say other than that I am soon to be a major? Ah yes, I’m one year behind from my friends, so when they’re celebrating their 18 years, I’m just here waiting for my senior year to come.  

 But… why am I thinking about it so early on? You surely want to know what happened to the mutants? Hey, well know that absolutely nothing changed in our world, well, maybe one thing: the fear of anomaly and ignorance has increased. There had been controversies on the subject matter, but the government seems to be holding back a lot of information without any sign of rioting! Some voices have risen, but very quickly they’ve been repressed. Anyway yeah! Once I go through this topic, I can turn out to be very boring and all of this takes me to the highest point. Ah! Also, I just remembered an important thing about my life: Within a week, I will be returning to my faculty.