- Text Size +


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 592
Location: In the wind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:20 pm Post_subject: Reply_with_quote Edit_delete_post
Gena watched the battle between Roxanne and Kendira, the whole time grinning down at Siarra, who still lay on her forearms and knees. Adam stood under her, sheltered by the rain, but he still shivered in the dark air.

“Siarra!” Frankie cried after seeing his grandfather crushed under Roxanne’s plated boot. He ran towards her, the whole time fighting back the gush of rainwater washing down the cobblestone path, lapping his small body with its rushing waves. Twice he fell and twice he rose, growing ever closer to his dear sister, who couldn’t even see him now.

Gena’s foot came down in front of Frankie right before he reached Siarra. He was running too fast, struggling too hard to stop in time. He was thrown into the wet fabric of Gena’s robe. Unable to swing his body to the side in time, he smacked hard into the pillar of her ankle and collapsed, staring up at her massive figure.

“Well, well,” Gena sneered. “Little Frankie. How are you?”

Siarra opened her eyes and saw her brother at Gena’s feet. “No… Frankie… Gena, don’t…”

“Shut up!” Gena struck Siarra again with the staff, knocking her to the earth once more. Poor Adam was crushed under the weight of her cheek, which came down on him like a boulder and pounded him against the cobblestone. Suddenly he wasn’t feeling too lucky anymore. “Some big sister you are. Can’t even keep an eye on your little brother. …You should’ve let me babysit him.”

“Is that what this is about?” Siarra grunted.

“You don’t know what this is about! Bitch, you never knew. I’m the sweetest, more caring person in the world. You spend all your time in a little fantasy world! Tell me, how are you better suited to care of your brother?”

“Because he’s my brother!” Siarra screamed, but her limbs were too numb to move.

Frankie raised his fist for her. “Yeah…bitch!”

“Frankie!”

“Sorry.”

“Well, I can remedy this,” Gena said, raising her foot over Frankie’s tiny body. “Less cussing and more crushing, little boy.”

“Arrrgh!” Siarra yelled, slapping her bloody palms to the stone path and pushing off. Her head forward, her feet just barely scraping the ground, she plowed into Gena, who lost balance with only one foot on the ground to support herself. The two of them tumbled backwards. Gena’s head slammed onto the cobblestone as the rain continued to fall. Lightning cracked. In another blow of thunder, Siarra’s fist came down and belted Gena across the skull. They rolled into the sodden grass, hands on the other’s throat, mud spattering across their faces.

“My make-up!” Gena screamed. She grabbed a wet chunk of Siarra’s hair and began to pummel her head into the ground repeatedly. With every thump, Siarra winced and more blood stained the grass.

After the thirteenth or fourteenth thump, when they were both gasping for air and the rain was bombarding them with its rage, Siarra lay in the grass panting. “You…look better like this.”

Gena scowled, rising to her feet. Rearing back her foot, she abruptly slammed it into Siarra’s nose, knocking her over. “The price is wrong, bitch.” She wiped her bloody mouth with the back of her hand. “…I think your brother will be coming with me now. And maybe if you’re real good, I might let him live.”

Siarra moaned.

Frankie could’ve ran away at any time, but when he saw his sister fall, that was the last of his worries. He ran through the grass to where she lay, taking her pinky in his hands. “Siarra… Come on, big sis! Wake up! Please… Siarra…”

“She’s dead,” Gena said coldly. “It’s all your fault too.”

“W-what?”

“You weren’t strong enough to protect her. …But that’s over now. Come with me, Frankie. From this day forth, I’m your big sister.”

“No! I’m not leaving Siarra.”

“I can take you dead or alive, it’s up to you. But I warn you—finding a Cleric to rez you in the land of the Forsaken is a frustrating process and you wouldn’t want me to get frustrated. Bad things happen when I’m frustrated. Little boys tend to get hurt when I’m frustrated. Just ask your friends.”

“You don’t play nice!”

Gena sighed and scooped Frankie into her hand, clutching him just tight enough that he couldn’t break free. “Come on, Roxanne. We got what we came for.”

Roxanne was still in the midst of fighting Kendira, but when she heard Gena, she nodded and positioned the handle of her axe in front of her, parallel to her breasts and shoulders, and thrust it forward. Kendira took the blow to the throat and stumbled back, stunned.

“Kidnapping is a criminal offense!” Kendira gasped as Roxanne turned her back and headed towards the Abbey gates with Narsis still chained to one of the spikes on her shoulder plate. “Master Luna will have your heads for this!”

“Master Luna can kiss my big black ass,” Roxanne laughed, patting her rear end that, sure enough, was covered in titanic, charcoal black armor, even if she was as pale as a vampire.

“Blasphemy! I shall see you both dead before the night is over.”

Gena laughed as lightning seemed to mock her words. “It’s time you learn something—this night will never be over. You hear that, little girl? You tell Master Luna that. Nobody can beat me. You tell her what I said! And she’s next. I’m going to kill her. Nobody can stop me! You tell Master Luna that! I’m coming after her! You tell her.”

Enraged, Kendira dove through the air towards them, but Gena caught her with a lightning bolt from her staff. The beam struck Kendira head-on. With a loud crack, it sent her body hurdling backwards, clouting into the earth and sending her skidding across the hard cobblestone. She uselessly tried to claw into the stone with her fingers, but to no avail. Her body soon slammed against a building and the night became all the blacker.

“That was a good one,” Roxanne said, high-fiving Gena as they ambled out the gates. “What was that from?”

“Rocky III, I think.”

“Sweet.”