- Text Size +
“God, we’re so bad ass,” Roxanne said as they marched along. Her heavy armor clanged with every step like loose chains, but she didn’t care. With his head bowed and down on all fours, Narsis trailed at her heels like a dog. The leash was still tight around his neck. She hadn’t paid him much mind, save for an accidental or even purposeful kick in the rear end, since they had left the Abbey. Instead, their attention was now on their destination, although Gena hadn’t revealed where that was yet. They had been walking along the path, leaving the dark clouds behind, for hours now. The sun was dying, the sky was bleeding red, and night was closing in, but they neither stopped nor slowed them.

“You’re the worst babysitter ever!” Frankie cried out from Gena’s breasts. He was pinned there by her necklace, whose string had been slid under the sleeves of his ragged shirt and retied, leaving him with his arms up as if he were hanging on a cross. He would bounce every now and then, but not to often, so that most of the time he just rested between the mounds of Gena’s breasts with his back against the soft silk of her robe of black.

“Can you shut that brat up?” Roxanne sighed. “He’s been talking nonstop since we left that damn newb town. …I still don’t know why we didn’t take the beetle from that Mage. We know she has it. And you know we need it.”

“All in due time,” Gena said, patting her own necklace and running a sharp fingernail across Frankie’s chest. “It’s an unwritten rule for bad guys to let the good guys have a chance to save the day. If we stole the necklace and became invincible right away, where would the fun be?”

“I still don’t like it. Of course, if some idiot had just hacked the game right, we would already be invincible.” She yanked on the leash, choking Narsis.

Gena continued to stroke Frankie with her fingernail, cutting into his skin until he was ready to cry. “It’s okay. There are four more pieces of the beetle that still need to be recovered before we can use it. We’ll just let the ‘heroes’ gather the first three and then meet them at the fourth one, wipe the floor with them, and walk away goddesses.”

“So…we’re just going to hang around the fourth piece, waiting for them?”

“Of course not,” Gena laughed. “We’re going to have some fun.”

“Ah, destroying houses, burning down villages, squashing peasants and newbs under our feet? You’re going to get me hot again.”

“Well, we could do that. I was thinking we would go pledge our services to the Dark Lady Sorena first… It would good to be certified villains.”

“But I kinda like the freelance thing we have going…”

“Yeah, but it’s hard for people to take us seriously if we don’t have the proper credentials. We’ll walk into a town, yell out ‘Fear us!’, and the citizens will ask for our villain licenses and paperwork. That’s how it is nowadays. Too many wannabes roaming about on PvP servers like this.”

“But what if we proved we were real villains?”

“How would we do that?” Gena asked.

“I hear they hold arena tournaments in the city of Felwinter, where both Alliance and Forsaken are allowed to enter. If we entered one of these tournaments and won, it would prove that we’re as bad ass as we claim.”

“Felwinter…” Gena said in deep thought. “That’s one of the only cities that allow anybody of any race. …There’s also a good chance we may bump into Master Luna there.”

Roxanne cocked her head to the side. “Do you fear her?”

“We’re not goddesses yet, but she’s about as close as they come. Don’t ever underestimate your opponent.” Then she looked down at Frankie, tied to her necklace, and Roxanne looked down at Narsis, tied to her leash. Then the girls looked at each other and laughed.

“Okay, let me rephrase that,” Gena said. “You can underestimate the men.”

“They’re all a bunch of newbs anyway.”

“Yeah… But Luna is not. Her apprentice was strong enough to hold you off for awhile.”

“Psh,” Roxanne spat, her spit landing on Narsis’ bald head. “I could’ve had her head in my hands any time I wanted. I was just adding to the drama.”

“Even so, we must be on our guard… There is a chance she will find Master Luna and an even greater chance that Master Luna will find us.”

“But what can she do to us? We haven’t done anything evil yet. We just brought a little rainstorm into the Abbey and squished a few newbs here and then. I’m sure Master Luna has done the same in her time.”

“True, but we also kidnapped one,” Gena said, pointing to the squirming boy on her necklace.

“Yeah, why exactly did we need to kidnap him? I would’ve been fine stepping on him. In fact, I’d still be fine stepping on him and leaving him here.”

“Ah, but we must keep Siarra playing the game! As long as she thinks her precious little brother is in danger, she’ll keep coming after us. No doubt she plans on seeking out the four pieces of the beetle either to defeat us or in hopes of finding us to get her brother back. You see, he’s very valuable.” She tickled Frankie’s chin with her crimson fingernail. “Aren’t you, precious?”

He glared up at her, thrashing his arms about even though he could barely swing them from the tight strain of the necklace. “I hope my sis kicks your ass when she finds you!”

Roxanne laughed. “More than likely she’ll be kissing our asses. Once we become goddesses, that’s what you’ll all be doing.”

“Yeah,” Gena said. “But don’t worry, precious. I wouldn’t want your sister’s grimy lips to touch my skin. I think she’d be better suited to spend the rest of her miserable life in a cage, surrounded by rats that eat better than her. And I’ll make her beg for scraps from my dinner. And then I’ll just laugh and, whether soup or crumbs, I will slurp or wolf them down in front of her. And you’ll just remain dangling from my neck, staring into her eyes as they slowly lose their color and she wastes away into nothing. Poor little Siarra… She won’t be anything more than bone and dust. And no Cleric to rez her.”

Roxanna giggled. “You bitch, you’re going to give him nightmares.”

“Aw, I’m sorry,” Gena cooed. “Don’t worry, little Frankie, I won’t let anything like that happen to you. You’re so cute that I could eat you up. In fact…” She grinned. “I wonder what would happen if I gave you to Siarra after she has gone mad with hunger. Do you really think she cares enough about you to let you alive? Or do you think you’d just be another chunk of meat for her to get her bloody lips around? …Soon you’ll realize, Frankie, she’s not the kind of sister you want. She’ll let you go. She already has once.”

“Stop it!” he screamed.

“In time, in time,” she assured him, patting his little body. “Brother and sister relationships can be so fleeting. Somewhere between the fighting and the bickering, the screaming and the distrust, humanity is lost. It’s time you put your trust in a higher power—namely, me. I would never let you fall the way she has and will.”

“We don’t fight that much…”

But Gena only smiled. “I’ve seen you two fight. Remember when she said she wished you were dead? …Do you think she would choose your life over hers if the situation came down to it?”

Frankie was quiet.

“Come on,” Roxanne said, taking Gena’s arm. “Leave the kid alone. You’re scaring him.”

Gena nodded and took one last look at Frankie. “Think about it, precious… Siarra can’t keep you safe the way I can. She never could. She’s not responsible.”