- Text Size +
Gena, Roxanne, Frankie, and Narsis walked on silently through the hillsides, the latter two more or less being carried.

“I’ve been thinking,” Roxanne said after awhile. “How did we get off that island if we never boarded a ship?”

Gena shrugged. “We’re just that bad ass.”

“Oh, right. I’m still getting used to this.”

“Hey, check out the newbs,” Gena said, pointing to a clearing where four guys—three humans and one dwarf—were slaying boars. The field was littered with about two hundred carcasses, even though the bodies were about ten times the size of the people killing them. “Well, now, what kind of respectable, well-brought ladies would we be if we didn’t go introduce ourselves?”

“You are so right!”

And so the two bitches sauntered over to the group of adventurers, dragging Narsis along quite unwillingly by his leash. The guys didn’t seem to notice the girls until Roxanne’s shadow fell over them in the midst of fighting a boar. The guys froze. Their weapons fell. The boar fled.

“Hey there!” Roxanne grinned down at them. The boys couldn’t have been older than Frankie.

One by one, beginning with the dwarf, the guys turned around and craned their necks upward until their bodies were nearly perpendicular to their legs. Their jaws dropped.

“H-h-holy…” one of the guys in a blue tunic sputtered.

“H-h-hi to you too,” Gena mocked.

The dwarf’s eyes were almost as big as his head. “Those are the biggest hooters I’ve ever seen!”

“How nice of you to gawk and drool.”

“Look!” another of the guys, this one in a green tunic, cried out. “She’s got a kid trapped between her boobs!”

“You lucky shit!” the dwarf yelled.

Gena glanced over at Roxanne. “For a bunch of nine year olds, they sure know a lot of cuss words.”

“Yes, but they don’t seem to know how to respect a lady.”

“I know how to respect a lady,” the dwarf said. “Up the butthole!”

The other boys laughed. Narsis did too. Roxanne kicked him in the side and that shut him up.

“It’s a good thing this is the Internet,” the blue tunic boy said to the green tunic boy.

“Yeah, we can say whatever we want and they can’t do anything because they live on the other side of the world!”

Gena raised an eyebrow. “Is that so?”

“Yeah, ho,” the dwarf said. “Now move that ghetto butt of yours so we can go back to killing boars. We only have eight million, four hundred and sixty three thousand, two hundred and eighty-nine more to kill before we reach max level.”

“That’s a shame,” Roxanne frowned.

“What is?”

“Well, it’s just so hard to kill boars when you’re already dead.” She raised her foot. Before the boys had time to act, she brought down the cold metal of her boot on the one of them—a boy dressed in an orange tunic and hood—and squashed him to a pulp. There was no blood, no guts oozing out, just muffled screams and then a flattened, almost cartoonish, body stamped into her footprint on the ground when Roxanne moved her leg.

“Oh, my God!” the blue tunic boy gasped. “You killed Lenny!”

“You bastard!” the green tunic boy cried.

Roxanne paid them no mind, but stared down at the fluttered orange boy, his muffled screams still coming in loud and not-so-clear. “Is he trying to say something?”

“Nah,” the dwarf said. “He always talks like that.”

“Yeah, it’s okay,” the boy in the green tunic said. “He’ll be back in the next scene. He always is.”

Gena raised her foot. “But I wonder—will you be?”

“No, wait, I don’t have a contract to—”

He never got the chance to finish. Though Gena’s slippered feet weren’t nearly as solid or powerful as Roxanne’s boots, they were enough to get the job done. She twisted her foot once or twice, though, just to make sure.

“Eww, I think I stepped in dog crap!” she giggled. Then she lifted her foot, grabbing hold of the ankle, and looked at the smear that was left of the boy. “Yup, looks like dog crap to me.”

Again, the blue tunic boy gasped. “Oh, my God, you killed—”

“Shut up!” Roxanne roared, bringing her axe down. The boy was severed in half, both pieces of him falling to one side as gentle as a feather.

The dwarf was all that was left and he was slowly making his way backwards. “Screw you girls, I’m going home.”

The girls watched him.

“…I’m going now,” the dwarf said again.

They kept watching.

He took another step back.

The girls folded their arms across their chests.

Another step back.

“…Well?” Gena finally asked.

“…My game helmet won’t turn off.”

“Sucks.”

“Sucks so much,” Roxanne agreed.

“Sucks so, so much.”

“Just what are we going to do, Gena?”

“Why, I don’t know, Roxy!”

They looked at the dwarf and smiled. He saw their smile, took another step back, and then broke into a fat-man sprint. He didn’t get far. Roxanne’s boot came down on him, pressing his chubby stomach into the earth. For a moment, he ate mud and then she shifted her weight forward, compressing his tiny body until it popped like an egg under pressure.

“Oh, my God, you killed…um…what’s your name?” Gena asked the stain in the grass.

He didn’t respond.