- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Been a while and I think I know what he was thinking.

"You see, why do we put meaning in what is essentially nothing? Why is it that what we have established as currency, is what drives the world instead of how people are all equal? Is it the sense of being better, or is it the mistaken thought that any kind of person is better than any other? Or maybe, it's the lack of empathy towards our fellow man?* The reason I say this is because recently I've noticed that people don't really interaft as well as they did before the internet."

"Damn, John. That's some deep stuff you're laying down. Well, bear in mind this is my personal opinion. People did this because as we created new technology, people's values changes along with. Then someone had the thought that 'Why don't we use metal that lasts longer than stuff like sheep and chickens.' They also assigned certain values to certain types and or weights of the currency. Sadly, communication was a problem then and is still one now as each country uses different currency. They also have different sets of translation across."

"You know, you always win these semantical debates." I plead, not willing to extend the amount of time before I get my next tardy. "Yes, but it's fun rubbing positivity and optimism into your cute little face. Now, we better grab breakfast from the kitchen and haul it to school. Don't want you to get arrested now do we?" Rising as she said this and heading to the kitchen she passed my room. "Hey, Em? Could you grab my back pack and you know make me regular so we coukd speed things up?" "Do I have to?" "I'd really appreciate it." "If I do that, you have to kiss me." 

Hearing this, I felt a million times better. We always kiss before school on each others cheeks, I mean we're basically family. What better way to send off someone who is basically family? "Ok." "Wait, really. Nevermind. Now do it." As she said this the ground quickly rose to meet me as I fell from her hand. Standing up, I was back at my original heoght. As I picked her up, I pulled her to my face and placed one on her cheek which caused immediate outrage from her. "No. On the lips. Now, kiss me." Well that's certainly a change of plans.

Pulling her back in and embracing her, I prepared myself to kiss her.

*Switching to Emmas perspective*

'Oh my God! It's finally going to happen!" Being held in Johns arms, two feet off the ground, was actually quite fun and was really quite a turn on. Wrapping my arms behind his head and leaning closer to him, I felt the familiar stirring in my heart at the thought of John. Oh, I wanted him to be just mine but that could never happen. He's simply too big a fish to fry for one woman. Even Michel would have trouble taming him by herself, and she was an archangel. But, at least we'd be each others first.

*Back to John*

As she put her arms around me, I felt two hard objects poking into me. Probably pens for school. Watching her face, she got really red but her eyes were darting up and down, up and down. Wrapping one arm around her itty bitty waist, I put one behind her head and slowly pulled her in closer. Closing my eyes just before we made contact and felt her softness everywhere. Finally our lips met. Suddenly, her tongue was in my mouth. Pulling back, I looked at her confusedly. She was really red and was panting really heavily. I mean we hadn't been kissing that long had we?

Putting her down and looking at her watch, I realized we only had thirty minutes to get to school just enough if we skipped breakfast. "Come on! Hurry, I have to get to school!" 

Chapter End Notes:

*'Man' is in this case being applied to all mankind.

Please review and tell what I can do to improve. Thanks!