- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Julia tries to avoid her unaware giant son, while Alex notices somethng is wrong with his invention. Julia also has a rather humiliating meeting with her giant unaware father.

Alex notices as he walks into the lab, that mostly all of his inventions and tools seemed to be either out of place or slightly shifted. Also the FB table test products were strewn all over the table and floor in the general area of where it belonged. A deep sigh escaped his lips as he begrudgingly dragged his feet over to clean up the mess which his mother most likely made. 
 
Julia was hiding behind a corner of a table leg as she watched her son. She did not know how many times she made the sound "Ah" in surprise as she watched Alex pace back and forth cleaning up and also arranging things how they were prior to her and her mother arriving. She heard him hum a little tune to himself as he walked over to the aluminum poles that shrank her, then his humming abruptly stopped as he seemed to notice something strange that is displayed on the monitor.
 
Matter Reduction Successful, Cool Down Sequence In Initiation
 
"Why would it say that?" Alex mumbles to himself as he deeply caresses his curly hair. He could not really think of any reason as to why. His grandmother would definitely not mess with any of his inventions unless he explained the usage and instructions for it. His mother could not mistakenly use it either due to the complexity of the console. Thinking of this logic, he could not help, but think to himself that he needed to simplify the console, so that transitioning matter will be easier as his thoughts started to venture off about all of the other things he should do also.
 
Little did he know he was causing havoc onto his mother, for Alex had a habit whenever he was in deep thought, he would pace back and forth while caressing his fingers through his curly hair.
 
Therefore Julia found herself in an unpleasant situation. She had originally ran over to Alex with the thought of him reluctantly being her savior, but it turned into a bitter struggle for her survival as his pair of giant nikes thundered around her and would sometimes knock her off of her feet. She glared with her tear stained eyes up past his shoes, crew socks, toned legs, crotch of his shorts as it made her feel funny, and lastly his highlighter green t-shirt to eventually gaze upon her handsome son's cute face which had an confused expression upon it. 
 
She knew from her actions previously with her behemoth of a mother that screaming and yelling would not offer her plight any assistance no matter how much she tried. She kept persistently moving around her son’s footsteps to no avail. Her mentality was waning and she was gradually thinking of giving up as the footsteps that thundered off were coming back towards her again. Yet for some miraculous reason, they thundered parallel to her instead and went towards the exit. She was happy, but alarmed as she watched the only hope to her survival thunder off into the distance again.
 
Alex decided to leave to go eat some food to hopefully nourish his brain into inducing an answer to the weird display on the monitor and to also go change his clothes because he wanted to look especially nice when he and his mother went out later on to test his new invention, even though the invention seemed to be suffering some technical issues that he was unaware of at the moment, but it would be solved in due time he thought to himself. He was about to go up the steps until he saw his grandfather coming down.
 
Julia gaze was still lingering onto Alex, when she saw he came to an abrupt stop. A brief chance of hope fluttered back into her heart as she thought he was coming back until she heard some heavier footsteps while Alex was still standing still. She then saw her father's giant silhouette appear alongside Alex as he asked something about food and there being a new batch. She heard Alex as he told him "yes" and watched her father enthusiastically patted him on the back while he exclaimed," What a good grandson you are!" 
 
Alex shook his head in mock silence of himself at his grandfather's musings and turned to venture off upstairs as his grandfather approached the food bites station that Alex had previously cleaned up.
 
Jeff was absolutely delighted that his grandson had made a new batch of food bites! These morsels would melt in your mouth and give you the exact sensation of whatever it was meant to be. Say for instance if it was ice cream, it would glide down your tongue and gradually melt as it would actually feel cold! This was a genius invention, no matter if it was chicken tetrazzini, apple pie, or waffles, they all had the unique feeling of the actual food and it also tasted good as if it was homemade. His stomach rumbled in anticipation as he eyed the delicacies trying to decide which flavors should he eat this time as he felt a little guilty, since he and his wife were the reason it was not released to the public. Every time Alex made a batch, his wife and he would eat it instead of Susan cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Alex said he did not mind though, he was glad to give his grandmother a break. When Julia and D'erica moved in for summer vacation, Jeff would go to the lab to eat the food bites most of the time instead of eating together with the rest of the family to avoid the two.
 
Julia was watching the silhouette of her father as he thunders toward the food bites station to grab three large pouches. She could not help, but think to herself that her father was shamelessly greedy. She then watched her father fondle the wall to grab something that appeared to be a remote and pressed several buttons on it. 
 
Then a loud humming sound broke out as two tables that were near her started moving further away from each other as the floor area she was currently standing on began to rise. A click noise followed suit as soon as everything rearranged itself. She then notices that she was standing on top of a table now! She walked over to the edge to look down and gasped at the height. She fell on her bottom onto the table as she backpedaled with her hands in stupor as she was gawked. She hurriedly snapped out of it when she heard the thunderous footsteps of her father appear to be coming towards her. 
 
Jeff was extremely ecstatic about the food bites and had decided to stay in the lab to eat them once again. He found the remote for transitioning the room on the wall, then he pressed the buttons for the table and television. He walked over to the newly arranged set-up, then slapped his forehead as he remembered that he did not push the button for the furniture. He pushed it as he watched the floor around the table spring into motion. After about a minute, two couches, a sofa, a love seat, and a lazy-boy chair were arranged in a circular arrangement facing the table and television. Jeff played around with the remote until he got the chair to directly face the television and was just about to sit down, but for some reason he slapped his forehead again and walked off.
 
Julia was stunned as she watched the new furniture appear. She could not believe her son's lab was able to do all of this. If she knew the lab had a television, she would not have probably ended up in the predicament she was currently in. At least she had hope for a savior as she watched her father about to sit down in a chair directly facing the table and her, but her father for some reason stopped descending to sit down and got up to thunder off to some part of the lab.
 
He could not be leaving she thought to herself.
 
"Yes! He is coming back, but what do I do to grab his attention when he comes back? Screaming and yelling obviously will not...
 
She stumbles out of her inner dialogue as she sees her father return. He sits down as he slaps a big bowl on the table and a giant bottle of Vanilla Coke. He then picks up to open the three large packets of food bites he had laid previously beside the chair before he left, then proceeded to pour them into the big bowl on the table that she was unwittingly beside. She jumped up and down as she screamed her little head off to grasp her father's attention as he was reached over her, but he of course did not hear her.  She looked at the coke beside her to get a general measure of herself which the result of doused her spirit. She seemed to be about an inch... She knew this was not the time to wallow in self pity as she watched her father for some reason groan and shuffle back and forth in his seat as if he was struggling to do something.
 
I need to definitely figure out a way to get my father's attention, but how? Huh!
 
Julia was abruptly awoken from her thoughts when she noticed it had got dark all of a sudden. She was wondering if her father turned the lights off to watch a movie until she felt a baleful wind accompanied by a slight pungent smell descending upon her. She looked up to see her father's giant feet descending down upon her. She broke out into a mad dash for her life as she felt her adrenaline pump through her veins. The shadow kept stretching longer and longer out before her, so her heart fell as she thought she would never be able to make it out from under this bleak darkness. Then there was a deafening boom that caused her to fly up into the air. She landed back on the table feeling ecstatic and depressed at the same time once she realized she made it to safety. 
 
Is this how my life will be from now on?