- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Claire visits her mother's secret chamber for the second time, while Madison indulges in a new project.

 

 


“Fucking rebellious cock-suckers!“ Barret lowered his one good eye, to scrutinize the faucet. He jerked the handle up and down, but no fresh cold water came pouring out. “These cock-eating bitches keep getting bolder by the day since that broad became a martyr. They took over the fuckin sewage treatment plant! Heleen, give me my rifle.”

Barret sloshed his weighty body towards the couch, plopped down, and keeled over his grease-filled belly to fit on his huntsman boots.

“Come now Barret, don’t plunge into any harebrained idea now.” His wife tried to soothe him. “Im pretty sure Patrol Force will square them away.”

“Out of my way woman! My coat. I need my coat.” Barret waggled towards the hallway, sticking his head in every dusty corner. “And where is my rifle? Get me my goddamn rifle!” 

A vase fell onto the floor, with shards littered all over the place. Then, a painting followed, drilled off a peg on the wall when another earth shacking rumble was felt.

“She’s back!” Barret shot his fists in the air. “Good lord, she’s back!” Barret said, jolly like a kid on Christmas morning. He grabbed his wife’s wrist and yanked her along to take a look outside.
Barret scanned the horizon, in search for the silver lining.

“It told you she cared for us.” Barret leered, peering at the horizon, with his wife standing next to him. “There will be hell to pay for those fuck-faces when she finds out. Mark my words.” A broad grin gave his meaty face a sinister look.
They both gazed, with bated breath, at the monumental door at a far distance from their civilization. The Brobdingnagian entrance opened with a low crumbling creak. A humongous silhouette could be seen, a feminine, becoming more visible the moment she stepped out of the shade from the hallway.
Barret’s mouth went agape, eyes strained. His wife gave a squeal when he clutched her hard in her hand, holding her in a vice grip. 

“We have to…” Barret gulped deep before he continued, “we have to leave. Now!” 

 

Claire 

Oddly enough, Claire felt more comfortable to be here than she thought she would. Her mother’s threatening voice still shelled her in the back of her mind, but it wasn’t so prominently present like it used to be. Still though, her mother could come in here any moment, so she didn’t have the luxury to linger for too long. 

She gently closed the door, spun around and looked down upon the relatively vast micro kingdom at her feet. It was only the second time in her life that she was treated with the sight of a whole lilliputian civilization. It was truly marvelous to behold, to be able to see such a relatively vast landscape from merely her own personal standpoint. It was like peering through the side window from a plane on high altitude. Claire recalled the time where she once flew in a plane and everything appeared so small from that height, all due to the angle and field of view of things.
Standing at her full height, Claire noticed that these Lilliputian infrastructures, forests, rivers and mountains were just as diminutive compared to a Brobdingnagian landscape while watching it from a plane. The only difference was that this Lilliputian landscape actually was infinitely small. They would appear bigger when you took a closer look, but they still kept insignificantly tiny. Claire took one step closer and positioned herself just before the landscape’s periphery. She folded her skirt between her legs and crouched down to take closer look. Various infinitesimal cars quickly turned around, made haste to get away from her. She noticed that this area had a rural character, containing mostly out of farms, meadows and pastures, with one long river, meandering all the way to a large city further up ahead.
It was the same city which was beset with a great calamity when Claire chose to place her boot in its urban area, vanquishing several city blocks. It felt like a great relieve at that time, a sublime way to vent her anger for the things her mother and Kelvin did to her. The experience was also very arousing. Its memory was the perfect breeding ground for some monstrous satisfactions she recently had below the blankets in her bedroom. 

She was like a God to these creatures, able to unleash fire and brimstone from the heavens with just a trivial move. Her power compared to them was phenomenal.
Claire ignored the wailing sirens and faint screeches emitting from the landscape below. Her presence had obviously launched a state of emergency throughout the whole country. Claire could not blame them, especially after her recent visit. She curled a strand of auburn hair, dangling in front of her eyes, behind her ear and scanned the landscape some more. Several cities lay in ruin, with more enormous footprints dotted here and there throughout the Lilliputian country. She even saw a statue crested on top of the biggest mountain in the landscape. It was huge, especially for Lilliputian standards. Claire concluded that it must have cost months of back-breaking labor for these lilli’s to build something like that.
If Claire’s eyes weren’t playing tricks on her, she could have sworn the statue wore a striking resemblance with her mother. In the corner of her sight, Claire noticed a slightly oversized chair standing near the corner of the room, carved from wood with a high backrest and generously cushioned with black shiny leather. It reminded her of one of those chairs reserved for royalties.

“It’s a piece of antique, belonging to our family heritage.” A familiar voice cut through the air. Claire anxiously checked over her shoulder, and saw her mother standing in the doorjamb. Her heart pounded like a herd wild bulls. 

“I patched it up and kept it here for preservation.” Her mother came standing next to her, placing her hands on her hips to observe the Lilliputian kingdom stretched out in front of her high-heeled boots. 

“Do you, do you like use it?” Claire stood up to her full height and followed her mother’s example. 

“Barely.” Her mother said.

Both mother and daughter just stood there, hands on their hips, observing the panicked turmoil on the floor where millions upon millions feared for their lives.
Claire flinched lightly when her mother placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Next time, fill me in if you want to come here, okay?” Claire looked puzzled when she received an amiable smile from her mother. She felt a warm hand gently caressing her back and then her mother was gone. 

 

Madison 

Madison strode hard, turning corner after corner, glancing backwards from time to time. She crossed a road, left the urban area behind and darted through a flourishing cornfield, swatting off branches and leaves from her face. She took a swift-footed leap and landed deftly on the other side of a murky watered ditch.
Catching her breath, Madison felt save enough to walk now. She glanced one more time and felt relieved that no one was following her. Her sneakers cracked a few branches here and there while she made her way through a gloomy pine forest. After a short hike, sun beams pierced in her face when she came out into the open again. Squinting her eyes, Madison followed the sound of rippling water in the distance. She saw a huge stone ridge, overhanging a river and made way for it.
Madison looked about, made sure no one was there and said the words; 

“Jigidi Djou from Mont Ventoux; I'm so in love with you.” 

A moment later, various humans emerged from under branches and leaves and behind stones, weapons poised. They huddled together in front of Madison.
She lowered herself on her haunches and addressed the humans.

“Everything okay here?”

One burly build human stepped forward. Madison lowered her hand and allowed him to climb into the palm of her hand. She raised him in front of her youthful lake-blue eyes. Despite his puny size, Madison could discern the richness of his brown beard and the pungent red color from his baseball cap.

“Please inform me, Flint.” Madison said.

Flint gave a curt nod and started off, “A few brobdingnag youngsters went skinny dipping in the creek not far from here a few days ago.” He spoke with a raw voice.” No reason for a crash move just yet. However, suddenly two young women showed up the next day, and chose this inlet as the perfect place to come out of the closet. Their moans and giggles drowned out the chirpings of even the loudest crickets during the evening. Either way, we remained unseen. Aside from that, it’s just a scuffle with cockroaches and curious grasshoppers every once in a while.”

“Good. Very good.” Madison felt relieved. “and what about agricultural possibilities?” She asked. 

Flint sighed, like he was trying to find the right words, “Well, the lack of proper sunlight does make things complex. However, more than a few brains are already diving into the matter and from what I heard, are already making good progress in concocting a suitable solution.” 

“Can I see it?” Madison asked.

Flint made an approving gesture, in a way like he was surprised a Brobdingnagian actually took the courtesy to ask a human permission for something.
Madison lowered her hand and waited for Flint to leave her hand. She stood up, fashioned her shirt and denim shorts and ambled over to some gloom corner below the ridge. It seemed like a dead-end, with only a pile off rocks barely visible in the dark shade.
Madison keeled over and picked up a rock and threw it to the side, then another. She continued like this until a narrow tunnel became visible. Lowering on all fours, Madison had to grovel for a few metres before a clearing became visible, seemingly perfectly carved within the stone. When she was able to stand up again, Madison dusted the sand of her knees and elbows and surveyed the clearing. 

Madison watched with pride when she saw several humans scurry about, busy with building structures and roads near a shallow stream dripping through the clearing. The sensation of goose bumps forming on her uncovered skin made Madison realizes the substantial drop of temperature in this cavern. 

She gazed up and saw a few rays of sunlight peeping in through the circular opening above them. The opening was entirely encircled with bushes and branches from trees, giving them a good cover. And from what Madison had heard, gave them also a splendid panorama during a cloudless night, with a star-littered sky and the soaring moon peeping in on them.
It was a good spot for a hide out, safe from prying eyes. 

The perfect place to start her sanctuary.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!