- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Claire and Haisley are having a morning chat after their impetuous night.
A sailor is contemplating a recent event which turned his life upside down.

 

+++

Claire

"You like bacon? Draped on top of it?" Claire called out over her shoulder. She muttered some swear words when a whiff of charred food infiltrated her nostrils. Claire quickly lowered the heat and used a spatula to turn over the fried eggs. And just in case, set the window ajar.

"Mmm, smells good in here. And yes, few slices of bacon always does the trick." Haisley strode into the living room, adjoining the open kitchen. She used a towel to rub her still wet hair from the shower.

Claire served breakfast at the dining table in the kitchen and took a seat. Haisley joined her on the other side. After a moment of silent chewing, Haisley started off;

"Quite the sudden turnabout, huh?" Haisley winked at her just before she took a creaking bite from a piece of toast stacked with melted cheese, fried egg and thin slices of sizzling bacon with plenty amount of salt sprinkled on top of it.

"To put it mildly, yes." Claire shrugged.

"You regret it?" Haisley asked, eyeing her sharply.

Claire took hold of the steaming hot mug of tea next to her plate, produced a small breeze from her lips, and took a nip.

Haisley sighed, "Look, Claire, do not peg me for the limerence type here. I'm not suddenly going to throw my coat on a puddle so you can strut over it and─."

"I don't," Claire said, interrupting Haisley's sentence.

"You don't what?"

"having any regrets," Claire said.

"Soooo?"

"It's just…"

"Speak, girl," Haisley said as she was losing patience now.

Claire needed a moment before she was able to continue, "These, these… bouts of acting all high and mighty. It's not me, but at the same time, it is. Does that make any sense to you?"

Haisley rolled her eyes and plunged her half-finished toast back on the plate. "So, you're talking about your spree of grandeur?"

"Why, yeah, of course. What did you think I was talking about?" Claire asked.

Haisley gave Claire a simpering smile, "I'm off." she stood up, grabbed her coat and phone lying onto the counter, and marched towards the front door.

"Hey! What gives?" Claire screeched her chair backward and leaped up to catch up on Haisley.

"For your information, Claire," Haisley suddenly turned around as Claire almost bounced up against her. "I've never kissed a girl before. Never felt the need to do it. Until I saw you stumbling into the school hall about two years ago, acting all skittish like a young squirrel with a face rigged with cheap makeup. There was only one thought that kept repeating itself inside my head; The day this girl chooses to rise, she will rise and never cease."

"I-I never knew─" Claire stammered until Haisley placed a finger upon her lips and stuffed something within her hand and looked her intensely in the eyes.

"She blossomed last night, Claire. Don't let her wither away. And now, would you mind opening up the door for me and never speak to me ever again?"

"I, uh… what?"

Haisley gestured to the doorknob, whereas Claire responded to it by conjuring a key out of a drawer from a side table and opened the door.

Before Claire even had the chance to say something, Haisley had already slammed the door shut in her face.

Claire took a look at the object in her hand and saw that it was some sort of translucent trinket, square-shaped, with small letters engraved within stating: The power within.

She put it away and ambled up the stairs, journeyed towards her mother's bedroom, opened the door to enter the back room, and glanced down.

She ambled up towards the civilization's edge, crouched down.

Not even a barrage of nuclear warheads would be capable of leaving behind such devastation upon an entire landscape like she and Haisley had left behind.

Claire's cute butt hit the cold floor when she let her body tumble over to take a seat, with her knees pulled up. Acres of already wasted land got plowed over, relentlessly mashed together, when some of Claire's fingers fiddled with it.

Her eyes zeroed in on one piece of land that looked utterly unaffected by the vigorous efforts of their passionate carnage from last night. It was a forlorn city of moderate size, plotted next to an artificial excavated lake which water was significantly soiled by all the spilled booze. It seemed like a thinly populated area, with merely low-rise blocks in an advanced state of decay. The streets were pretty dense now, though, with innumerable refugees pouring in by the minute from every corner of the wrecked land.

They observed her all, the auburn-haired Goddess in the sky, with feelings of great concern. They all realized that their pitiful fate was intrinsically linked with her every carnal whim.

Panic broke loose in the streets when the hand of the Goddess doomed up in the air space above their head, engulfing most of the city, immersing everything in a dark shroud.

Claire's face remained stoic when she let her hand descend its way towards the fragile infrastructures and panicked throngs down below. Just before her skin was about to made contact with one of its tallest buildings, she retreated her hand and stuck her index finger in the ground. Her finger plowed through the land, wrecking up roads and paths and bridges. She clapped her hands clean when she was finished drawing up a miles long, deep trench encircling the entire city.

Claire pulled something from her cleavage, held it in front of her nose to taste a whiff of its scent and placed it in the center of the city, obliterating a few buildings with it. She was satisfied to see Haisley's gift glittering there for all to see.

 

Hank

If he knew it beforehand, he would definitely come up with some well-concocted excuse, some pretext that would allow him to get away for not fulfilling his duty. It could lead to consequences, though, some form of punishment. It most probably would. But it would never outweigh the perilous situation he was trapped in right now.

Does she know? That her mother lied to her?

Hank slumped his sturdy upper body over the side of the ship, took a long sip of beer clutched into his meaty fingers, and observed the young blond titaness obscuring his panorama.

Gal is freakin huge!

He never understood the fascination some folks had with these humans and lilliputians. He never bothered to find out. Had lost his taste for them the moment he witnessed the harsh treatment these little rants received from his sister's youngest girl, Tisha. Freakin 10 years old she was, but cruel as an internment camp guard while interacting with undernourished humans.

"The navy son. It's the navy you want to join." His uncle, who was dishonorably discharged after doling out a nose punch to his superior, kept blabbering during family occasions. Either way, Hank followed in his footsteps and here he was. Entrapped in some impenetrable glass cage, among millions of lilliputians, to serve as a bloody pastime for a rashy teen girl.

I bloody hell hope she's a bit more lenient than Tisha.

He would never deem it possible if he had not experienced it with his own eyes. Just another day of scraping toilets and serving some jumped-up undereducated petty officer lay in prospect. Then SHE came, a flame-haired beauty.

Experiencing the point of view from vermin while a gorgeous young lady looms over your purview? Check.

Her face was so incomprehensibly huge while his entire ship tilted dangerously to the side as it rested in her colossal hand. In her hand! Can you believe it? A freakin frigate! They all ended up in her clutches; the Mary Hustler, Southern Slider, The Wikinger, even Munsterland, a carrier the size of a moderate island creaked loudly when it was grasped from all sides by five feminine fingers of monumental proportion. Heck, that woman even had spare-time to snatch some shrunken submarines out of the water who were taking a split.

Toys is all we were to her now. The only saving grace is that their captor had the physical appearance of an angel, an auburn-haired angel. She was downright gorgeous! With a face you wanted to lick off like a sickly sweet sprinkled soft-serve.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!