- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ralph and Stan do what they can while facing the Brobdingnagian threat.
Sophie and Madison see a gradual change of the political climate among the Brobdingnagians.

 

+++

Ralph
Ralph was too transfixed, too mesmerized by the theatrical display of soft-porn playing out in front of him at a monumental scale to yank himself into action when the urgency was there. Others on the ship were not so passive, though. The moment their existence was noticed by the Brob girls, they all sprung into an organized panic – whereby each leniently followed the unspoken rule of fending for themselves – and galloped about like a stampeding herd of buffalos on the fritz.

"Get Jack!" a woman screeched as her footsteps clumped frantically on the deck.

"Out of my way!" a burly man bellowed as he poleaxed his way through a group of people.
A loud smack clattered on Ralph's cheek. He shook his head.

"Back into the realm of the living?" Stan's tattered face showed up in Ralph's purview – with a breath reeking strongly of alcohol. "Good. Come with me, now! We need to find a lifeboat!"

Stan ran off – under the assumption that Ralph would follow him – but cursed and turned back to grab his arm.

"Don't make me smack you again because you know I will!" Stan spat.
Ralph stared back at him, "This… this ship, she's going to pick it up."

"Brilliant analysis, brainy. Now let's get to this fuckin lifeboat! Come on! Go on, numbnut!" Stan pushed him into action.

Ralph shook his head and got his act together. This was no time to loaf around.
As both Stan and Ralph zigzagged their way through throngs of scurrying people on deck, the screams around him pitched even higher - like some lunatic with a gun decided to go frenzy.
Ralph looked over his shoulder and uttered an inner prayer when he saw that the two Brob girls were sitting on their haunches now – looming mountainous high, observing them all with great curiosity.

They are savoring the moment. Ralph though. Our fate is delivered to their whims now.

Apart from a few pieces of upper garment, these girls were completely butt-naked. Their giggles and gags showered down from the skies, drowning out the screeches of terror emanating from the throats of hundreds on the ship. How on earth did he ever think their military could stand a chance against these beings? Those girls could probably slice their whole fleet to smithereens with just a single fingernail.
His mind produced images of the carnage Sophie had left behind when she chose to smash her high heel amidst the packed center of Stonecreek City. Her force and weight had leveled the core of its urban blocks thoroughly, had pounded it miles deep within its soil resting beneath it like a big-strapping sledgehammer unleashed by Thor himself. Ralph could hardly comprehend what catastrophic consequences the blast wave of such an impact had on all infrastructures surrounding the woman's high heel.
He craned his neck and took a gander at these huge monstrous beings who were, in fact, nothing more than two frivolous girls – only incomprehensible large. He was able to see the contours of their enormous, frightening bodies. The girl on the left was slightly taller and had more meat on the bones than the one on the right – who seemed to have a more delicate built with slender shoulders and a narrow waist. Her voice also sounded more melodious and playful than the one on the left – whose imperative voice convoked awe.

The shimmering beam of silvery light – emanating from the full moon – only added to their eerie appearance as it unveiled parts of their youthful faces while they yapped about with each other, deciding the fate of their fleet.

"Check this out," the voice of the girl on the left thundered. She took a long sip from a bottle, lowered down on her knees, and jutted her face out – above the water and dangerously close to their fleet. Her face loomed close enough for Ralph to see the more refined features of her countenance. She looks even younger than Ralph had expected based on the sound of her voice and the contours of her body. The girl couldn't be older than seventeen, and even that was probably assessed a year too old than her actual age.

Where are the blasted parents of these brazen little hussies? Ralph pondered with frustration as he clenched his fists, sinking the nails in his skin.
He was so desperately keen to do something, to act, to lead, to bend this whole situation in his favor – just like he was trained to as a fighter pilot. But these Brob girls were something else, though. Their might was lightyears above his station. He was powerless. They all were. He could do nothing more than to wait out her next move and hope for the best.

Her luminous eyes radiated a tinkling of mischievousness as they scrutinized every ship in turn – all four of them – at an agonizingly slow pace. And why should the girl hurry anyway? Their ships weren't going anywhere soon. They just bobbed about at a snail's pace of roughly twenty-some knots per hour. These girls could probably have another go with each other, return to the river – perhaps take one step or two, if necessary – to catch up on their fleet again.
Ralph looked with anxiety at the girl's plush lips, which were puckered together. Her cheeks were puffed up as some alcoholic beverage was sloshing around within her mouth.

"What the freak are you doing there, Tisha?" the voice of the other brob girl thundered. She was standing tall at her terrifying full height now, peering intensely to see what her friend was up to.

The brat is about to spit! Ralph thought.

He looked with horror as a stream of liquid – capable of filling up several lakes – cannoned out from between the girl's lips. Ralph covered his ears as it was accompanied by a deafening noise when the liquid was squeezed outward between the girl's lips - creating a forward momentum of great acceleration. Their whole ship was covered in globs of saliva mingled with some alcoholic substance. The only saving grace was the fact that the girl wasn't aiming for their ship but the one sailing in front of them. The thick stream shot out, missing the ship by a very narrow margin.

"My turn! My turn!" The other brob girl screeched, all thrilled. She made a jump of joy, creating a prolific earthquake for the poor Lillis when her feet landed back on the beach.


Sophie
A snigger escaped from her mouth when Sophie saw the shrunken couple running back into their miniaturized farm. Do they actually think they are safe there?
Sophie raised her hand in front of her eye and tried to peer inside through the minuscule windows.

"Trembling inside each other's arms now, are you?" Sophie said, amused. Placing the farmhouse gently back on her shelve, she took a step back, placed her hands on her hips, and admired the fresh addition to her collection of shrunken property.
A grain mill, a silo, some dusty old barn, a jerry-rigged trailer, and (believe it or not) a toll bridge – all shrunk down and collected from the same godforsaken hamlet where she'd found this farmhouse. Sophie thought that this farmhouse was abandoned but was pleasantly surprised when a young couple came running outside when she crouched down above them, ready to pick it up. She reduced all these objects to handheld size, and she did it all during nighttime and made sure that she wasn't being seen. Sophie's hand reached out to the shelve and picked up a tiny figure of about three inches in height, framed by steel and cladded in plates of gilded bronze. It was her most prized possession she'd collected during this latest nightly adventure of her. A majestic statue rising to an impressive height of about 200 feet. Sophie drove by it on the way home when passing some memorial site. She couldn't help herself, and a few moments later, the whole thing just reduced in size and was picked up by the greedy fingers of a beautiful woman.

Sophie could have sworn that she had seen some hooded figure observing her as he stood between a row of trees adjacent to the memorial site. She had tried to find him but did not have any luck in the pursuit. She even shrunk down all the trees and cracked them beneath her boot, just to make sure.

"Mom! Come quick!" Madison's voice called out from her bedroom. Sophie placed the statue back on the shelve, locked her bedroom door – a thing she always did as of late, especially since Claire had wrecked the lilliputian civilization – and sauntered over to her daughter. She saw Madison on her bed – sitting Indian style – while watching something on her phone.

"What is it, cuddle bunny?" Sophie asked.
Madison handed her phone to her mother.

Sophie saw shards of images of various speakers stating strong political messages about threats and public safety while addressing a crowd and footages of masses of people huddling together on central plaza wearing shirts with slogans and holding up signs while chanting, "KILL THEM ALL! KILL THEM ALL! KILL THEM ALL!

Sophie frowned while looking at her daughter, "Kill who?"

In response, Madison looked with sadness at the boxed lilliputian city resting on her nightstand.

Chapter End Notes:

If you happen to be a bit impatient the next chapter is already available on my patreon page ;)

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!