- Text Size +

Time rewound in an instant. But I immediately knew something was wrong.


"Are you enjoying yourself?"


Master Hippolytus stood before me. All of a sudden.


"Eh?" I couldn't bring out more. He was supposed to be in Africa.


"And what do you think you are doing, young lady?" he said, with an expression of pure anger.


I couldn't think of an answer. I just looked at him, knowing I was screwed. If he called me "young lady" he was very angry with me.


"Didn't you think that I didn't know what you were up to, hm?" he said with a look in his eyes that betrayed he had to use all his self-restraint not to fly into a rage. "I knew what you planned, because I read your thoughts. Yes, that is right, young lady. I use my telepathy on you, and obviously with good reason. Shame on you!" he spat.


"But... you went to Tanzania...", I stuttered.


"No, next week. I just feinted to leave to see what you were up to during my absence. And I'm not amused at all, young lady. Not at all...".


"But... master... I took care all of it would be undone. You know, the time reversal spell. Nothing has happened...". 


"No, nothing has happened indeed. But that doesn't mean you can just do what you want, just for some laughs. What if the spell goes wrong? What if you were harmed? And what do you think the other magic users would think, if time is turned back again and again, just because you want some fun? Yes, you don't have to look at me like that. We do know when time is being turned back, even if you thought we didn't!"


Oops. I didn't realize that. They knew when time was being wound backwards! Shit....


 "I think you need a lesson young lady," he said.


Master Hippolyus waved his hand, and the next thing I knew was that I was trapped in a bush of large, thick hairs. And the smell... terrible. I took a while before I knew what was going on.


I was on the back of a stray dog. 


And turned into a louse!


Though I could still think like a human, my body was that of the blood-sucking parasite, and I knew what master Hippolytus meant. I liked being near a large creature, so I could be. A tiny louse on the back of a dog. Drinking the blood and enduring the smell of this creature. Brrr! And there was nothing I could do but wait until my master thought it was enough.


After a week it was. Having to live of the blood of a dog was disgusting. Master Hippolytus grunted at me for two days before he indeed left to meet the other magic users. But not before he enchanted a glove, which came to life and slapped me each time I tried to cast a spell. So to pass the time I wrote this story. 


Ah well, the fun was worth it....


THE END