- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So, has the name of this "chapter" imply, it isn't a story, short or otherwise. Yet.

But I've had some ideas in head about my own universe for quite a lot of time now, and I felt that it would always be good to share the setting here, and see how it's received. So, without further ado, here's the barebones of this potential story, which may never be written.

You can express your opinion in reviews or in this strawpoll : https://www.strawpoll.me/16969511

Setting

World

Mostly like Earth, but centuries ago, a mixture of science and accident led to the creation of Mankind’s offshoots: the normal, the Great Breeders and the Super-Predators.

Normals

They comprise roughly 80% of the population. They are average peoples compared to XXI Century standards, men slightly taller than females. However, they all carry in their genes the possibility to birth Great Breeders and Super-Predators. Despite their numbers, they live in fear of the larger kinds of humans, who tends to grow more and more detached toward them as time pass, to the point that the older and taller among them usually trample or consume Normals like others would do ants.

Great Breeders

They represent 15% of the world’s population. They appear the same as humans until puberty hit, and then they undergo the first of their Growth Phases (GP), to reach an average of 20 meters (65,6 feet) in a matter of weeks. At this stage, they need to consume a lot of food and it’s not uncommon in poor neighborhood to have a Super Breeder consuming trees, houses, and anything she can eat, up to and including the occasional pet.

Once their first GP is over, their bodies have matured into those of extremely fertile humans (with distinct characteristics; enormous waists and breasts for the females, gigantic dicks for the males). Male Great Breeders are extremely rare, mainly because they immediately cease to be compatible with Normals, while female Great Breeders remains so until they reach GP 3, at around 200 years. However, male Breeders are extremely coveted by their female kind and tend to live life of luxury, with several breeding partners.

Great Breeders can live up to 800 years, an age where their vital functions decline rapidly and they finally die. Such old Breeders can reach up to 500 meters (1640 feet) and their litters are then entirely comprised of Great Breeders who have already undergone GP 1 in gestation. Normal litters comprise of ten to thirty babies, or sometimes a lone Super-Predator Alpha. Breeders don’t really care about their spawns, they usually task Normals with feeding and protecting them.

It is suspected that today, all Normals have a Great Breeder among his or her ancestors. Gestation for a female Breeder is a matter of days for Normals, up to two weeks for Great Breeders and Alpha Super-Predator.

Super-Predators

They are suspected to be around 4,99% of the population, on average. Super-Predators start life as any other human, but they display in their infancy ravenous appetite and the ability to chew and digest almost everything. Normals with a Super-Predator in their family are encourage to actually satisfy those urges, since it’ll allow for the creation and strengthening of the Pack Effect, which protects them from the ravenous hunger brewing into their family member.

However, this Pack Effect may fail, either because of anger from the Super-Predator toward the Pack members, or a lack of time to develop it: parents Super-Predator are known to devour their own offspring if the baby is given to them without a period of acclimation. This Pack Effect can extend toward the closest friends of the Predator, but it isn’t a certainty. When puberty starts, young Super-Predators undergo their first Feeding Frenzy: they descend on the neighborhood and devour all they can eat, from trees to meat to peoples.

Only Great Breeders possess enough strength to stop a ravenous and young Super-Predator, and they usually don’t care about the lives lost, considering that the herd is simply thinned to make place to new generations. Once their first FF is over, Super-Predators usually reach up to 5 meters (16,4 feet) with extremely fattened bodies, which produces pheromones enticing Normals and making them calmer around them, except when a FF starts.

Super-Predators are known to live as long as Great Breeders, but they tend to die a lot younger, since they hunt each other. Once a Super-Predator has survived a hundred years, he or she becomes a Super-Predator Beta; reaching up to 15 meters (49 feet), an age where they become a lot less prone to Feeding Frenzies and tend to carve up territories between themselves, even if they still consume younger Predators.

Super-Predator Betas are known to band together to try and drive out a Super-Predator Alpha.

Super-Predator Alpha

Those monstrosities represent roughly 0,01% of the total population, and they tend to be hunted down by Normal armies as soon as their presence is even suspected. Contrary to normal Super-Predators, the Alpha are born from Great Breeders who have undergone their GP 5, at least. They are 20 meters (65,6 feet) tall at birth, with a gluttonous appetite which makes other Predators look picky eaters. In fact, they are birthed after having devoured their siblings in their mother’s womb. Alphas don’t possess the Pack Effect, they will consume anything and anyone.

They mature extremely fast, looking like young adults barely one week after being born. They have short lives, since they are hunted down by armies and even the most massive of the Great breeders and Super-Predator Beta, but they are able to ravage entire countries during this time. Nearly impervious to all damage, an Alpha Super-Predator will grow his or her whole life, the tallest ever reaching the titanic size of 800 meters (2625 feet) after having eaten up to 20 million Normals, and she was stopped only thanks to the use of two nukes in her esophagus, five Great Breeders nearing the 800 years mark an a dozen of Super-Predators Beta who had chosen to eat her from the inside, sacrificing themselves to stop the living Doomsday.

Characters Nick

A normal 20 something, Nick lives alongside Samara, a Super-Predator with whom he has been friend since childhood. Nick is rather athletic for a Normal, taking part in Voluntary Assistance to Sustain and Endure (VASE), an institution geared toward feeding local Super-Predators to diminish the risks of Feeding Frenzy, among other missions; VASE also deals with troublesome Great Breeders, which in Nick’s case mean that he usually has to endure the insufferable arrogance of Anne-Sophie and the advances of Tim, the two local Breeders, he has known since childhood.

Samara

Samara is a massive 20 something Super-Predator. For her age, she is rather tall, around 5 meters 65 (18 feet 5 inches), with an enormous belly, able to digest everything she eat. Like all Super-Predator, she is quite fat, but wear it extremely sexily, and tend to eat twice her weigh in food each day, which includes several persons, each day. She is especially fond of Anne-So and Tim’s offspring, since the two Great Breeders can’t be bothered to take care of the near constant supply of children that Anne-Sophie birth. This habits utterly disgust Nick and is a constant source of tension for the young couple.

Anne-Sophie

Anne-Sophie is a gorgeous blond Great Breeder in her early twenties. She’s a childhood friend of Samara, Nick and Tim. Her hair is long and wavy and she possess an over-abundant chest, wide hips, even for a Breeder and stand on the rather short end of the stick for her kind, at roughly 18 meters (59 feet). While she was a good friend of Nick before her first GP, she has become distant and withdrawn, holding all Normals in low esteem, even if she has basically fucked the whole town’s male population, including Nick, several times. As she is used to say, having birthed thousands of them since she was twelve and a half has quite helped to see the little things as literally and figuratively beneath her. She remains a good friend of Samara however, and is in an off-again, on-again relationship with Tim.

Tim

He’s Nick’s best friend and a rather large Great Breeder for his age, standing at 26 meters (85 feet 3 inches) with a massive penis which, when fully erect, stand at over 2 meters 33 centimeters (7 feet 6 inches). Contrary to Anne-So, whom he loves to fuck with, a lot, he’s remained quite friendly with Normals, and has several time displayed interest in Nick, which often makes the Normal uneasy, since refusing the whims of the other kind of humans often result in punishment or even death. As a rare male Great Breeder, Tim lives a pampered life, with the whole district paying for his expenses in taxes, and several Great Breeders moving from other states to fuck with him, a fact which infuriates Anne-So and drive her to fuck with Normals to make him angry and come back to her.

Lya

Colonel Lya Fatima Aradj is the local leader of VASE. A highly decorated veteran of the Army, she has had the dubious distinction of surviving two Alpha Events, which left her bitter toward the other kinds of humans. Lya is in her fifty, but she remains fit and attractive, even if her body bears the marks of almost thirty-five years of active duty. She is in charge of protecting the town and its inhabitants both from frenzying Super-Predators and the casual dismissal of Normals life by the Great Breeders. A charismatic figure, she managed to earn the begrudging respect of the taller human offshoots. As Nick’s superior, she often expresses how she is concerned by his association with a Super-Predator and two Breeders.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

And as always, reminder that I now have a patreon : https://www.patreon.com/Kurogane335