- Text Size +
Janet took a larger leap than she’d intended; the impact rattled the windows and disturbed knick-knacks on a nearby shelf. She made a quick, mental note to be a bit more graceful with her landings from now on. leaped away.
As she leaped away, the fibers that had been squashed down by Janet’s huge feet started to recover...
There, in the spot where the arch of Mrs. Carson’s left foot had been, lay the tiny speck of a boy. Chris had miraculously survived, having narrowly avoided being crushed by the giant woman’s sole; unfortunately, her landing had shoved a column of air down upon the floor in a huge microburst, and the pressure from the blast had knocked him prone and left him semi-conscious.
Chris struggled to lift himself up: his head hurt and his body ached all over. Though still dazed from the impact, he shook off the pain, knowing he had to get clear before...
*BOOM*
Mrs. Carson‘s left foot slammed into the carpet right behind him, missing the tiny boy by mere inches. The impact kicked up a cloud of dust, sucking Chris into a swirling vortex and throwing him halfway across the room. He tumbled into a distant portion of the carpet, skidding through a dense sea of fibers before finally coming to a stop.
Searing pain seethed through Chris’s limbs; his tiny, battered body was red from abuse. Thankfully, at least for the moment, he was out of danger from Mrs. Carson’s exercising, but Chris was far from being out of the woods: he was in the middle of the walkway between the living room and the kitchen. He needed to get to a safe spot and figure out what to do next. Travel in any direction was going to be difficult, and it would take forever to make any real progress.
Chris almost gave up hope when he suddenly had a brilliant idea: Chloe! She’d recognized him before, even at his current size, and if her ears were as sensitive as he hoped, she might be able to hear him again.
“CHLOE!” Chris shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth to amplify the sound as much as possible. He wasn’t sure if the tiny dog would be able to hear him from so far away, but he had to try. He wasn’t getting anywhere trying to contact Rachel or her mother; the tiny dog was his only hope.
“CHLOE, HELP!”

——————————————————————————————————————————

Rachel stomped down the hall to her room and practically slammed her bedroom door. She leaned her back against the closed door, shut her eyes, and sighed, taking a moment to calm herself down. Being berated by your mother when you have something important to talk to her about is not the best way to start the conversation, especially when it’s something upsetting; Rachel was on the brink of bursting into tears again.
Chloe, who was still laying on Rachel’s bed with her head between her paws, lifted her neck upon seeing the return of her master. Sensing Rachel’s anguish, Chloe slowly stood up, waddled to the edge of the mattress, and jumped down on the floor, sorrowfully strolling over to the melancholy girl.
Rachel was trying to compose herself, staring off upwards into space to hold back the tears, when she felt a cold nose on her right foot.
“Chloe!” She gasped, yanking her foot away. Chloe reeled in fright, startled by her master’s jumping reaction.
“Geez, girl, you startled me!”
Rachel took a few breaths to calm down, her heart still racing from the sudden shock. She was about to scold Chloe again, but reneged, not wanting to take out her frustrations on the poor dog. She was obviously just coming over to comfort her after seeing how upset her owner was.
“Sorry Chloe,” Rachel said apologetically, squatting down to pet her, “I didn’t mean to scare you, sweetie. I’m sorry I got mad at you earlier, you forgive me?”
Rachel began scratching the little dog on the head, but instead of sitting down and enjoying the attention like always, Chloe took a step forward and began sniffing at the toes of Rachel‘s right foot. Rachel was slightly taken aback; it wasn’t exactly the reaction she’d been expecting. Shaking off the confusion, Rachel began scratching the dog’s head again when Chloe started pawing at her bare foot, then looking her in the eyes and whining softly.
“What is a girl?” Rachel inquired, still perplexed at Chloe’s behavior. “Are you smelling something? I just took a bath, honey, that’s all.”
Chloe kept pawing at Rachel’s toes, as if trying to say there was something underneath them.
“Chloe, what? I don’t have anything; there’s nothing under my foot.” Rachel said, standing back up and lifting her foot to show the dog the floor underneath. “See? Nothing there.”
Instead of sniffing the spot where her foot had been, Chloe lifted her head and sniffed at Rachel‘s toes again.
“What the—? Chloe, for Pete’s sake, I don’t have anything between my toes!”
Rachel flipped her foot over and examined her toes, spreading them apart with her fingers to make sure she hadn’t accidentally stepped in something.
“See, girl? There’s nothing there.” she said, holding out her foot and wiggling her spread toes.
Finally, Chloe seemed satisfied that there wasn’t anything on her master’s foot; she stepped over to the door and began pawing at it to be let out. Rachel shook her head and sighed as she opened her bedroom door to free her dog, who slowly sauntered into the hallway, sniffing at the ground.
Rachel raised her eyebrows in surprise and confusion, shook her head, and closed the door.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Chloe intently sniffed the carpet as she maneuvered down the hallway, searching for any sign of the tiny human she’d encountered earlier. She was quite confused as to where it had disappeared to; she was positive it had ended up on her master’s foot, so why wasn’t it still there? She kept making her way down the hall, trying to pick up on the scent again, but all she could detect were the familiar smells of home. Disheartened and defeated, a little dog sauntered to the top of the stairs and slowly made her way down...
Chloe’s ears suddenly perked up: over the sounds of one of the other humans exercising downstairs was the familiar squeak of the tiny human she encountered earlier. Her search intensified as she descended, scouring each step as quickly as she could. Unfortunately, the scent was so faint, it was hard to get a general direction on its location, but Chloe wasn’t going to give up. She knew she was close to finding it!

——————————————————————————————————————————

From his vantage point of the carpet, Chris could just barely see over the fibers. To one side of him, Mrs. Carson was still stomping away as she continued her workout; to his right, a huge opening into the kitchen with a massive island in the middle; behind him sat a China cabinet just adjacent to the entertainment center, which sat just low enough to the floor that a vacuum probably couldn’t go underneath and suck away the dust bunnies; and sitting several football fields ahead of him was the living room couch, which was so massive despite its distance that it completely obscured Chris’s view of the staircase behind it. For the moment, he had plenty of options on which way to go, but none seemed exactly desirable. If he couldn’t get anyone’s attention, he needed to get somewhere he’d be safe, lest he get stepped on again or eaten by a random bug.
Then, over the booming of Mrs. Carson’s fest, Chris heard the distant jingling of Chloe‘s dog collar.
“CHLOE?!” Chris shouted. “CHLOE, CAN YOU HEAR ME?”
He couldn’t tell where it was coming from, but the jingling was definitely getting louder. It sounded as though she was coming down the steps; he’d forgotten Chloe had been upstairs earlier.
“Come on, Chloe!” Chris said to himself, “Come and find me!”
Then, for a moment, the jingling stopped; Chris’s heart sank. He was so close!
“CHLOE!” he shouted desperately, cupping his hands around his mouth. “CHLOE, COME HERE GIRL!”
Not a moment later, off in the distance, Chris finally spotted the little dog emerging from behind the couch; she was heading into the kitchen, sniffing the carpet as she went.
“CHLOE! I’M OVER HERE, GIRL! HELP!”
Chris knew his tiny squeaks were weak, but he was hoping that he hadn’t overestimated the threshold of Chloe’s hearing.
“COME ON, CHLOE! I’M OVER HERE! COME THIS WAY!”
Suddenly, the little dog turned around and headed back across the threshold to the living room.
“YES, CHLOE! THAT’S IT!” Chris shouted excitedly, frantically jumping up and down and waving his arms. “OVER HERE!”
His savior was actually in sight and headed right for him, and this time, he’d make sure not to get sneezed in between Rachel‘s toes again.
Their eyes met; Chris called out to her with open arms.
“GOOD GIRL, CHLOE! THAT’S IT! I’M RIGHT HE-“
*SQUISH*

Just as Chloe finally located the tiny boy in the carpet, Janet had finished her workout and was headed to the kitchen to grab a drink. Unfortunately, Chris had been so preoccupied with getting Chloe’s attention that he’d completely forgotten about Mrs. Carson, and was still in the middle of the living room.
Chris didn’t know what hit him: one moment, he was joyfully praising Chloe for finding him; the next....everything went dark. The toes of Janet’s right foot stepped down directly where he’d been standing; with one swift move, she mindlessly scrunched them as she continued her stride, plucking the tiny boy from the carpet fibers and forcing him up in between the second and third digits.
“Hey, Chloe!” Mrs. Carson addressed the tiny dog and walked past into the kitchen, “What’re you up to?”
Chloe was completely taken aback: she’d just watched one of the larger humans step on the exact spot where the smaller one was. As Mrs. Carson walked by, the little dog hurriedly sniffed and inspected the carpet where the tiny boy had been...she couldn’t find him. She expanded her search, but the tiny human seemed to have disappeared. The scent was still strong, however, and Chloe was hot on its trail.
Meanwhile, Mrs. Carson, who was still completely oblivious to the whole situation, had grabbed a small glass from one of the nearby cabinets and filled it with cool water from the faucet on the kitchen island. It was so refreshing after a hard workout that she finished it in one big gulp and was ready for another. As she began filling it again, Chloe peeked her head around the corner of the island, still on the trail of the missing speck. The little dog sniffed her way right up to Janet’s feet, then sat on the kitchen floor, looking straight into the woman’s face and whimpering.
“Aw, what’s the matter, Chloe?” Mrs. Carson asked, looking down at the pathetic animal. “Huh? What’s wrong girl?”
Although Chloe didn’t understand exactly what was said, she recognized Janet’s demeanor of concern; the dog began pawing and sniffing then woman’s feet, trying to bring Janet’s attention to the trail she’d uncovered.
“Chloe, what are you doing? Huh?” Janet asked in a playful voice, “What are you doing? You smelling mommy’s feet? Huh? Are you smelling mommy’s feet? Well, they probably don’t smell very good, honey: mommy’s been working out.”
Janet set down her glass and bent down to scratch Chloe’s head and back, giggling at the dog’s silly behavior. As she straightened back up and prepared to walk away, however, the little dog started whimpering again.
“Chloe,” Janet sighed giggling and shaking her head, “You silly girl. I can’t pet you all day.”
The little dog started whining louder now.
“Aw, you just want some attention, huh?” Janet presumed, getting down on her knees to scratch Chloe’s body and nuzzle her face. “You just want some attention, don’t ya? Let me get some laundry started and then we’ll cuddle a bit, OK?”
Janet kissed Chloe on the nose and stood back up, leaving the dog to sulk as she headed back to the living room to grab the dirty clothes. In no time, the laundry basket was in her arms as she was shuffling off to the laundry room.
Janet set the clothes basket on the drier and had just started sorting the lights and darks when Chloe traipsed into the room, her collar jingling all the way. She waddled up to the woman and began sniffing and pawing at her foot once again.
“Chloe, for Pete’s sake!” Janet exclaimed. “What do you want?! Do you need to go outside?!”
Chloe only whimpered in response.
“Come on,” Janet said with frustration as she walked back out of the room, “let’s go outside!”
Janet practically stomped over to the back door and yanked it open.
“Come on!” she said impatiently. “Outside!”
Chloe hesitantly meandered over to the doorway, her head gazing upwards into the angry woman’s face as she approached the threshold to the backyard.
“Go on!” Janet demanded.
Chloe whimpered as she scooted outside, disheartened at the woman’s reaction; Mrs. Carson quickly closed the door behind her and headed back into the laundry room to finish her work.

While Mrs. Carson stood at the washing machine, sorting through the clothes, her toes began wiggling ever so slightly, as though they were quivering from some kind of muscle spasm. Then, a tiny hand emerged from between the second and third toes of her right foot...then, another hand...the two hands grabbed the webbing between Mrs. Carson‘s toes, and, with one big push a tiny boy popped up from the crevice.
Chris gasped for air, trying to escape the stench of sweaty feet, which, due to Mrs. Carson’s exercising, was quite pungent.
“Phew!” Chris uttered as he gagged on the stench, waving his hand in front of his face, “who would’ve thought feet could smell so terrible when you’re this small?!”
Even Shannon’s feet hadn’t smelled so bad when she’d made him ride in her sandal walking home from Noreen’s the other day.
Chris gazed upwards at the gargantuan women fiddling above, completely oblivious to his presence. Not that he could really be upset with her: how could he honestly fault her for Mrs. Carson for not even contemplating there could be a tiny boy between her toes.
“MRS. CARSON!” Chris shouted, waving up to her. “MRS. CARSON, DOWN HERE! BETWEEN YOUR TOES! IT’S ME, CHRIS! LOOK AT ME!”
Obviously, Mrs. Carson made no reaction to indicate that she’d heard his tiny squeaks; she just kept on fidgeting with the laundry without hesitation.
Chris couldn’t believe that he was actually still alive despite all of Mrs. Carson’s stomping and jumping around; he thought for sure he’d be squashed. Yet despite having survived all of it, he still wound up smushed between the giant woman’s toes—a recurring theme that he was quite tired of.

Chris tried pulling his body the rest of the way out, but even at his size, there was barely any wiggle room; furthermore, Mrs. Carson’s sweaty feet had caused the skin between her toes to become slightly sticky, not enough for her to really notice, but more than enough to keep Chris stuck in place, which was primarily the reason he hadn’t been able to even partially dislodge his body up until then, especially while she was walking.
As Chris surveyed the landscape of gargantuan foot, he was starting to comprehend just how large it was compared to him. Even Noreen’s feet hadn’t seemed as big when Chris had been around her the other day; of course, he was only about half the size he’d been then.
It wasn’t just his tiny stature though: Mrs. Carson had naturally big feet, nearly twice he size of Rachel’s. They were large like Shannon’s, only Mrs. Carson’s weren’t fat: they were scaled to their owner, just a bit longer, with huge, semi-plump toes sporting long toenails that were in need of a trim. The nail on the big toe was so long, in fact, that it appeared as though her toe were sporting a cap.
“MRS. CARSON! MRS CARSON!”
Having no other options, Chris would have to make his own way out. He desperately tried to wiggle himself back an forth to peel his naked body away from the sticky skin, but he just couldn’t pull the rest of his torso free. Then, he tried reaching down and literally started tugging at his legs to work them free. The process was slow going, and Chris was only making negligent progress, but it was progress nonetheless.

Janet began the tossing Rachel’s towel and other assorted clothes into the adjacent washer. She was hoping to only have to do one more load, but she at least needed to run the light and dark colors in two separate loads; unfortunately, the darks were taking up a lot more room than she’d initially anticipated. Janet wondered if she could just throw the towel in with the lights instead, but she’d needed to ensure she had enough fabric softener if that were the case.
Mrs. Carson directed her gaze to a nearby shelf over the washing machine, eyeing a bottle a little ways out of reach. She turned her body slightly and reached with an outstretched arm to grab the bottle of fabric softener. As she did, she inadvertently shifted her weight towards her toes, pressing them onto the floor.

Chris yelped with surprise as the giant toes scrunched together, squeezing his lower body immensely.
“ACK! MRS. CARSON, STOP!” he strained in agony, his face turning beet red from the blood that was being forced into his upper body. It took all his energy to resist the pressure as he willed his body not to pop like a grape. It was the most immense pain he’d ever felt....and the first time in a while he was truly worried about being squished.
The pain was unbearable, never-ending....he couldn’t hold out much longer!

Janet strained to grasp the bottle, too lazy to simply take a step closer. Eventually, she managed to turn the bottle and get a firm grip the handle. She pulled it off the shelf and exhaled as her body relaxed.

At the last possible moment, the giant toes relaxed; Chris exhaled, breathing heavily and rapidly to deaden the searing pain. His face lost all color as the blood drained back into his lower half. He needed to get out from between Mrs. Carson’s toes fast, before anything else happened!
Chris reached down once again and attempted to free his legs from their fleshy prison.
“MRS. CARSON, DON’T DO ANYTHING!” he pleaded. He couldn’t quite push the huge toes apart, but he was able to maneuver his hand down into the crevice and slowly peel his leg away from the hot, sticky flesh.
For a moment, it seemed like Chris was actually making some headway; his right leg was almost free.
Yes, Chris thought, keep coming. I’ll be free soon enough.

Janet swirled the bottle in her hand, trying to determine how much fabric softener was left. She untwisted the cap and peered inside: it looked iffy; she wasn’t sure she had enough. Her eyes darted back and forth from the cap to the directions on the back of the bottle; she wondered if she could stretch the remainder between the two loads.
“Eh,”Janet shrugged, “I’ll make it work.”
She set the bottle aside, pulled the towel back out of the washer, and went back to sorting the remaining clothes, nonchalantly scratching a tiny itch on her right foot with the toes of her left.

Chris had just worked his right leg free when a shadow cropped up over him. He barely had anytime to react as a huge set of bulbous toes descended on his position, enveloping the surrounding toes and forcing him back down between the appendages.
“MMF!” he yelped as he plunged back into the toe crevice. As the huge foot scratched Mrs. Carson’s skin, Chris’s tiny body was tugged back and forth violently, plastering him face-first into huge amounts of sticky flesh.
When the scratching finally stopped, Chris tried freeing his face, but he was stuck good this time.
“Mrsmes Cmrsmn! Mrmses Cmrsm, hlmp mhm!” His muffled shouts for help were completely absorbed by the flesh encasing him, leaving him, once again, helpless.
Mrs. Carson must’ve felt him wiggling, Chris surmised, it was the only explanation as to her scratching. He wondered if he kept wiggling, would she notice him? Or would she just scratch again, rubbing him out of existence this time? He needed help, but he wasn’t sure how much more punishment his little body could take.
At the moment, however, getting out from between Mrs. Carson’s toes took priority. With all the strength he could muster, Chris pushed against the giant toes to force them apart, using his legs and back to keep them from collapsing back together. Unfortunately, this left him in a rather awkward position: he was using his whole body to sustain the tiny opening; how was he supposed to maneuver his way back out?
“MRS. CARSON, HELP! PLEASE, HELP ME!”

Janet finished tossing in the rest of the dark-colored clothes into the washing machine and measured out about half of the remaining fabric softener for the load. After pouring in it and a healthy amount of laundry detergent, she closed the lid, turned the dial, and reached for the start button...
Then, just before starting the wash, she stopped.

Chris felt his environment shifting. He closed his eyes and braced, thinking he was about to get crushed again, but the movement abruptly halted.
Chris opened his eyes, still expecting something to happen, but everything was still.
He gazed up through the crack in the toes above him, just barely making out the giant Mrs. Carson standing almost completely still, as if trapped in quiet contemplation.
Had she heard him? Was she questioning whether or not the faint, tiny voice in her head was real?
“MRS CARSON?!” Chris squeaked up with anticipation. “CAN YOU HEAR ME?”
Slowly, the giantess pulled her arm back to her body, reaching instead for the bottle of fabric softener on the drier. She secured the cap and flipped the whole bottle upside down, using the surrounding clothes to keep it upright. Then, she quickly reached for and pressed the button to start the washer.
The torrent of water splashing into the machine echoed throughout the small room; the sound overwhelmed Chris’s tiny ears.
“MRS. CARSON!” Chris screamed, but the pouring water drowned out any chance of him being heard.
Then, the huge woman started walking away; her toes slammed shut as they lifted off the ground.
“WAIT! N-” Chris’s cries for help were abruptly cut off as the walls forced themselves back together, forcing his knees up into his chest, scrunching him up into a ball.
And while the tiny boy struggled to breathe between the sweaty, smelly toes, wondering how much longer he’d be able to endure the pain, the only thought on Janet’s mind as she left the room was what to fix for lunch.