- Text Size +

Nate looked around the packed tupperware container, and suddenly the walls that had looked insurmountable near seconds ago became a pathetic obstacle.


“Hey,” he said as he slapped the man he had just been speaking to, who couldn't be more than a year or two older than him, “If you give me a boost, I think I can make it to the top of the wall and then reach down and help you out.”


The seated man looked up at him with a cocked eyebrow, “Why?”


“So we can escape,” Nate replied, gesturing to the distorted world beyond the plastic wall.


There were mutterings among his fellow prisoners and for a moment Nate felt like he was in the middle of a movie. This was his moment to inspire everyone, and they would band together, break free from their prison, and run to freedom.


Then he heard someone a few feet away burst out laughing, “Dude we're two or three inches tall, we're not escaping anywhere.”


Nate turned to face his naysayer, and found a pale youth shaking his shaggy head back and forth. Slowly, he stood to reveal a lean body with bruises in various stages of healing covering his limbs and chest. He looked at Nate with dark sad eyes and said, “You just got here today, right? You're the newbie Michelle picked up at her job?”


Looking around, Nate found a few people nodding their heads in assent but he still found it hard to make sense of anything happening around him, “I... I guess?”


“Michelle,” the young man repeated as he pointed toward the sky, “The brunette who is your literal fucking God now. You met her at a coffee shop or something?”


“Y-yeah,” nervousness crept into Nate's voice, and spread throughout his body.


“Yeah, I've been in that shoebox of hers for nine months,” the young man replied, “I met her at an all ages show at the VFW in Sampson that her friend Gina's, that's the blonde who could carry most of us in her hand, band was playing at. She seemed cool and she invited me out to her car so we could smoke and then the next thing I knew I woke up on her coffee table, this big, and I was forced to tear apart chunks of weed the size of my head for a bong the size of a building.”


Nate's fellow prisoners shuddered or nodded along with the young man's story.


“There isn't an escape here, alright? You get out of this box and guess what you're on a table so high up of the ground, you'd hurt yourself on the way down. And if somehow you reached the floor, then you're in their apartment, dodging their gigantic feet, to get to their enormous door.”


Anger bubbled up inside Nate as he listened to the pale boy's depressing monologue, “Hey, maybe you guys-”


Several men quickly began to boo him, and the bruised teen made a vague 'jerk off' motion in his direction. Nate sucked in air to shout louder but he felt a hand grab on to his and pull him down.


It was the man sitting next to him, he looked a little worse for wear but nowhere near as pale or beaten down as some of the other men. “Look, just sit down and try to relax, man. I know it sounds crazy and stuff, but the vets who've been here a while are right. We can't fight back.”


“I...” Nate huffed, “I just feel like you can't know unless you try.”


The heavy rhythmic thumps of the giants' footfalls approached, and suddenly Nate could feel the ground shaking beneath their plastic prison in time with the enormous woman's footsteps. Looking out through the clear walls of the tupperware, he could see the wider hips and bare midriff of the blonde who had carried him through the apartment. As she grew closer, the shaking intensified and her body seemed to fill his vision completely.


She stood at the head of a large table with a cool beer in one hand and a phone in the other. Simply standing in front of them, her scent managed to overpower the combined smell of the imprisoned men; a heady mixture of fruity soap, sweat, and a pungent undercurrent of beer. She finished tapping out a message on her phone and then dropped it onto the table with a soft thud. Her beer followed a second later with a hefty tremor inducing thump.


Nate craned his neck back to stare at the long necked brown bottle that was easily two or three times his size. Beads of condensation slightly smaller than his face were forming on the side of it then slowly trickling down.


“Fuck, I haven't had a beer in so long,” the guy next to him muttered, “That's been the worst part of this. Seeing them have shit I can't even remember the taste of.”


Looking down at the guy, Nate saw the way his skin hung off of him, as if he had lost too much weight in too short amount of time. There was a hungry yearning in his eyes as he watched the blonde lean forward over her DM Screen and carry a cheese puff around their size to her open maw.


The crunch echoed over their world, and Nate stared at the underside of her jaw as she chewed.


“How long have you been their prisoner?”


“A month? Maybe six weeks?” He shrugged, “It's hard to keep track some times. Michelle nabbed me at her job, same as you.”


“Damn,” Nate muttered, “I'm sorry.”


Shadows danced around them as Gina licked the cheesy dust from her fingers. Each time she pulled her finger out of her mouth an audible 'pop' rang out.


“Pfft, you're sorry?” He shook his head back and forth, “I was an idiot for thinking she actually wanted to hear about the scifi novel I was working on. I sort of figured, ya know, she saw me working on it a few times, I'd seen her wear some nerdy shirts before, maybe she was actually interested. Nope, turns out she just wanted to add another dude to her collection...” He threw up his hands to gesture at their prison, “Literally.”


“Ouch.”


“I mean, I'll be honest, I might have been hurt if it was figurative too but at least I'd have gotten to touch more of her than the sweaty places between her toes,” he grimaced, “God, she might look hot but she is one nasty ass bitch, man.”


The world shook and Nate saw the enormous barista pass behind the blonde, guzzling her own beer as she went. He shook his head and did his best to crack a smile for his fellow prisoner, “At least we dodged that bullet, huh?”


“Yeah,” he replied with a laugh, “I'm George by the way.”


“Nate.”


They shook hands, and George shook his head, “Hell of a time to meet someone, right?”


“I still think there's gotta be a way to survive this,” Nate said, looking up to see that Gina was once more on her phone, tapping away at the screen. “I mean, there's gotta be a way to, like, rig the game so our characters don't die.”


George laughed, “So I guess you never played D&D before?”


“Not really-”


A sharp thunderclap echoed across the world, followed by the rhythmic thumping of feet and a horrific sound like a mountain being torn apart. Feminine voices roared greetings at each other, momentarily deafening all the tiny men as the whole world began to shake.


The blonde giantess rose from her seat, and Nate could barely parse the different voices as they all started to seemingly talk at once. Based on the shaking, he realized that several people had just shown up at Michelle and Gina's apartment and they were moving about.


A shadow rolled over their world as an Asian girl leaned over their prison. Her inky black hair was pulled back from her face, complementing her sharp features and dark almost bronze skin tone. The giantess's dark eyes flitted about, clearly counting up the horde of tiny men, before muttering, “Fuck.”


“Hey!” Gina roared from somewhere in her apartment, “Not cool, Soph!”


The Asian giantess, Sophie, pulled away but her voice rumbled, “I just wanted to see how many you wanted to get rid of, jeez.”


“Is it a lot?” Asked another giantess.


“More than that dungeon that was full of way too many kobolds,” Michelle replied.


“Damn, how do you two manage to shrink this many dudes?” The unseen giantess asked.


Gina suddenly loomed over them once more, and Nate's world shook as she sat down. “By being totally fucking awesome,” her hand rose into the sky and reached over her DM Screen toward Michelle.


The high five that followed literally left Nate, and many of his fellow shrunken prisoners, howling inside their tupperware prison, clutching their ears to block out the ringing. As he slowly started to recover, Gina's voice thundered above recapping the 'adventure so far' for the giantesses on the other side of the screen.


Nate tried to make sense of it, but it sounded like a bunch of fantasy novels he had never wanted to read. “What the fuck are they talking about?”


“Seriously?” George whispered next to him, “You've never listened to The Adventure Zone or Critical Role?”


“No...”


“What about, like, HarmonQuest? That's from the guy who did Community.”


“Look, man, I don't think it's that crazy to say that I don't know much about Dungeons and Dragons,” Nate snapped back, amazed that even while naked and imprisoned with a bunch of other men at a few inches tall his pop culture choices were being critiqued, “Now what do you know that can actually help us.”


Gina's hand suddenly hovered over their world, and her bright blue eyes were inspecting them from the heavens. Her fingers darted into their prison quickly, snatching up six men in quick succession and dropping all but the last into her free hand.


“You spot six Lizardfolk moving through the mangrove-”


“Lizardfolkgrove,” chirped another unseen giantess, snickering to herself.


Above Gina's eyes rolled and her voice became more forceful, “Moving through the mangrove ahead of you, clearly armed for some sort of patrol.”


Her hand descended on the other side of the screen, and then returned to grab a second man and then another. As her hand came back to snatch up the fourth prisoner though, Sophie's voice rang out, “Uh oh, looks like one of the Lizardfolk is running off on his own.”


Despite the wall of cardboard separating them, Nate could easily imagine the tiny man running for his life, especially as he started to scream and plead. “Please, please, don't do this, I have a wife and two kids! I'm begging you! Just make me big again, I won-”


The three remaining men were dumped back into the tupperware as Gina rose from her seat and leaned over her DM screen. The tiny man's screams were cut off and he was suddenly being held in the air high above their prison.


With terrifying precision, the blonde giantess pinched his kneecap between her thumb and forefinger before slowly applying pressure. Nate watched in horror as the family man's kicking leg suddenly stiffened. His howls of pain were quickly punctuated with a soft pop that left him sobbing and wailing. The blonde repeated the process with his other leg, leaving him with his limbs dangling beneath two clearly dislocated knees.


She casually returned him to his spot on the other side of the screen before snatching three more men at random to place near him. Settling back down in her seat and taking a swig of beer, she said, “Roll for initiative.”