- Text Size +

Even in his shocked state, Wesley was able to recognize that face. Those details combined to make what looked exactly like his sister, Isabel. It made no sense whatsoever, but it was all he could surmise from the situation. The last thing she saw of her had to have fell inside the hole, and now a massive version of her comes out. What could have done this?

“What… what happened?” The massive girl spoke.

She lifted her arms up and brought her hands closer to her chest. Her eyes looked down at her arms, slowly bringing her gaze to her hands. She rotated her arms, looking at the palms of her hands then the back of them. On her face was the most shocked expression that she had possibly ever made in her life.

“Why am I so… big?” She asked, to no one in particular.

Her head began to look upward, and her eyes met with a tiny version of her brother.

“Wesley?” She asked.

She slowly started to reach out for him, her hand moving ever so slowly.

“Run kid, RUN!” Nathan shouted out to Wesley, breaking the silence of the moment.

Nathan managed to find some courage to get his legs moving and he turned his body and started sprinting to Wesley. He passed the giant woman’s hand in no time as he started nearing Wesley, he started preparing himself. He tilted his upper body to the left and brought his left arm down low, aiming for Wesley’s legs. Nathan swooped the boy off his feet and began to carry him in his arms while he ran forward, looking for somewhere to hide.

“Where are you going with my brother?!” Isabel shouted, furious that a stranger had just kidnapped her little brother.

Her right arm reached out to grab the kidnapper, gaining on them ever so quickly. She ran out of arm length and closed her fist, grabbing nothing but air. The loud clap she created sent a gust of air that fluttered Nathan’s hair. The very idea of being caught by that hand struck terror into Nathan’s heart. He kept running, while Wesley jiggled up and down in Nathan’s arms. Wesley turned his head to Isabel. His eyes widened as he watched her rest her arms on the ground around the hole, pulling herself out of it. It looked unreal as more and more of her body crawled out from the ground. It seemed never-ending, until he was able to see her bare feet come into view. She was free, and undoubtedly coming for him.

Nathan, on the other hand, was completely focused on something else. He spotted a building across the street that looked like it could maybe shelter them. It was a one-story building, its original orange paint faded and chipped, with only two windows in the front, which had been smashed in already. He kept running toward it, kicking up red dust along his way. He was too panicked to carefully not leave a trail.

Nathan reached the building and arrived at the door step. He brought his right leg up and kicked the door in. It swung open and slammed into the wall it was hinged on. The sound caught Isabel’s attention as she had just finished standing upright. She just caught view of the man who kidnapped Wesley, stepping inside, and shutting the door behind him. She felt all her feelings about the situation, confusion, sadness, fear, melting away as one emotion took priority. Anger. Her eyes locked onto the building they ran into and she started stomping her way to it.

Inside that building, Nathan had settled Wesley behind the counter that was left of the entrance. “This place must have been a shop.” Nathan assumed. The were many broken and knocked shelves scattered around the room, blocking the clearings that must have been aisles.

Nathan sat down beside Wesley and they both pressed their backs against the counter. He reached down to his holster and pulled his gun out, though he didn’t think that his weapon would do any damage to that beast.

“Shit, I only have 7 shots left. I’m gonna have to make ‘em count.” He turned to Wesley, and began to speak again, “Kid, listen, I’m going to try to aim for its eyes. If anything happens just stay hidden alright? I’ll try to draw it away.”

Listening to Nathan’s plan to attempt to blind his sister, he shook his head and looked at Nathan.

“No, you can’t do that! That… That’s my sister!” He pleaded.

“Your… Wesley, you can’t be serious right now. That… thing is your sister?” Nathan replied in disbelief.

“Yes, it has to be! That’s exactly how she looks like! Plus, she fell into the hole in the first place. Maybe the reason why she’s big now is why it fell!” Wesley said, with a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

“Well your ‘sister’ just near crushed me back there! You can’t expect me to believe she’s still herself after that!”

“She realized it was me and tried to grab me. Maybe since you took me, and she doesn’t know who you are, she tried to stop you.”

“Alright, alright, even if she is your sister, what are we going to do? She didn’t look all okay in the head when I was looking at her, and if she catches me she might just kill me right th-“

The conversation was cut off from the sounds of massive thuds right outside. Nathan brought the index finger of his left hand up to his lips and shushed Wesley. The sounds stopped outside. Nathan and Wesley looked at each other, both their eyes wide open with fear and anticipation.

“Whoever you are, let my brother go, or so help me I will smash this place in!” Isabel demanded, the vibrations of her voice shaking the very building.

The only thing Nathan could do was shush Wesley again, hoping to pretend that they weren’t there so she would leave. A few moments passed by, in terrifying silence. Nathan could feel himself shaking and he could feel his heart beating, ready to burst out of his chest. He hasn’t been in a life or death situation like this in quite a while.

The silence was broken with a loud smashing sound. Isabel used her giant index finger as a battering ram, and broke the door clean off it’s hinges. The door flew across the room and broke into pieces as it made contact with the wall. Wesley was unable to hold in a scream, which alerted Isabel that they were definitely still inside.

“What are you doing to him?!” She shouted.

Isabel grew impatient very quickly and decided to just reach into the building. She pushed her hand through the entrance, sideways, and began feeling for something to grab. Nathan began pushing Wesley farther away from the entrance and to the wall, desperately looking to put some distance from him and the ensuing hand. The massive digits met the tabletop of the counter, and they slammed down, smashing it in half and reducing it to mere planks and splinters. The giant fingers were now right next to Nathan’s left leg, wiggling and searching for him. Instinctively, he tried to point the barrel of the gun at her fingers. But before he could even aim it correctly, they found his legs and wrapped around them. Nathan shouted in pain as they gripped him tightly and began to drag him through the wreckage. In the process he was banged about and slid over some wooden planks, ripping his shirt somewhat and making him drop his gun in the process. He was pulled outside, and the sunlight attacked his eyes. In response, he closed them, while he began to feel a sense of vertigo. He could only guess that she was raising him up, so she could look him in his eyes. He felt all her fingers gripping on both of his ankles, very tightly, as to not drop him.

“Who are you?” She asked him.

Nathan kept his eyes shut, he didn’t want to see how high up he was.

“Answer me!” She yelled.

She began to apply more pressure to his ankles and feet. At her new size, she likely did not know the limits of her strength and even though to her it was barely a squeeze, Nathan felt agonizing pain. He screamed out and wiggled around in her grasp.

“Please, stop! I’ll tell you whatever you want, just stop!” Nathan yelled out.

“Where is my brother, what did you do with him?!” She questioned.

“He’s inside, he’s inside! I didn’t do anything to him, I swear!” Nathan pleaded.

She narrowed her eyes at him and released some of the pressure of her grip. Her eyes then moved down below to the entrance of the shop.

“Wesley? Are you okay? Come outside.” She said.

Nathan and Isabel remained in silence for a few seconds, until some rustling was heard inside. She watched closely as Wesley’s tiny form stepped outside, into the open. She gasped and dropped to her knees to look at him more closely. She tossed Nathan aside, sending him crashing to the ground from a height of about 10 feet or so. He slammed into the ground on his back and all the air in his lungs was expelled. He rolled over to his side and began wheezing, his lungs searching for oxygen.

While Nathan struggled to breath, Isabel lowered her right hand to the ground, palm facing up. Wesley looked up at his massive sister, and then looked at her hand. He had no choice but to obey her unspoken command, and slowly walked his way to the welcoming palm. He stepped on with his left foot first, and then grabbed hold of her index finger, which was still pointing upwards. The flesh was soft and warm, giving Wesley a sense of comfort. It offered much more of that feeling than the cold metal of the pod or hard stone of the surrounding buildings could ever do.

Isabel looked at him in shock. Her eyes scanned his little body, observing his head and all the way down to his feet.

“Wesley, w-what happened to me? Are you small? Or am I…” She said, whispering the last part before cutting herself off.

“You-you’re the one who’s big…” Wesley whimpered.

“I just remember touching that weird container, then it sprayed something on me! I don’t want to be stuck like this! I don’t know what’s going on!” Isabel said, her voice slightly breaking toward the end.

Isabel’s eyes started to water, and she brought her brother closer to her chest. She cupped him against the fabric of the blue sweater she was wearing earlier, which had somehow grown along with her. With her other hand, she started wiping away the tears from her eyes which had just begun to fall. The quiet sniffles lasted only a few seconds until she truly thought about her predicament and she began to sob uncontrollably.

Dad’s gone, we landed on some deserted planet, and I’ve turned into a monster! What am I going to do?” She thought to herself.

Nathan was still on the ground, not too far away from the giant girl. He had just managed to get control of his breathing, but his back was still throbbing with great pain, along with his ankles. “I’ve gotta get out of here,” he thought. In his current condition though, there was little he could do but crawl away. So that’s what he decided to do.

He flipped over onto his stomach and brought both of his arms close to his chest, putting himself into a prone position. He pushed one arm over the other and used the friction to pull himself across the ground. Movement after movement, he was making progress, albeit rather slowly. He could hear the incredibly loud sobbing behind him, but he kept his focus and kept moving forward.

Inside Isabel’s cupped hand was Wesley, pushed against the fabric of Isabel’s shirt by her warm hand. He didn’t know how to handle the situation either. Their lives were just upended from the ship’s explosion, they were alone on foreign planet, and his sister was now massive. Just thinking about the situation, Wesley began to cry as well, until he changed the focus of his thoughts. Though he never had a great relationship with Isabel, at her new size she would be able to protect him! After all, she had just saved him from Nathan. Although, he didn’t need saving, Nathan seemed like a normal person. More than that, he seemed like a good person. He stopped to help Wesley immediately, even though they both had no idea who the other was.

Wesley looked up, gasping at the idea his brain just hatched. He started to tap on his sister’s palm, to get her attention. The initial tapping elicited no response, so he instead began banging his fist into the soft flesh. This caught Isabel’s attention, and she tilted her hand back to make sure Wesley was right in the middle of her palm. She lifted her hand up to her face, the speed of the gravity pushed Wesley down deep into her hand. He felt himself spring back up when she brought him a little below eye level. Wesley looked at his sister and felt some sadness brew inside of him. Her cheeks were bright red, streaks of tears were left from her crying. Her eyes were also red, undoubtedly from her rubbing them. She had managed to stop her sobs and now she would only sniffle. She absolutely hated crying in front of anyone, but she couldn’t stop these tears from coming.

“What’s wrong?” She asked her miniscule brother.

“I know who can help us! That man you threw, he knows this place!” He said, springing to his feet with hope.

She turned her head to the man, who had only managed to crawl away about ten feet or so. Then, she turned her head back to her brother.

“He tried to steal you! We can’t trust him! I should crush him right now for trying to do that in the first place!” She said, as she furrowed her brow.

“No, no, he was trying to help me! I think he must have seen all the smoke come up from the crash, and he came this way! When he got here, he was very nice to me and told me his name. I told him what happened, that you fell in the hole, and he was about go down to look for you then… you got…” He quieted down to a whisper at the end. He didn’t want to finish the rest.

Isabel narrowed her eyes at her little brother, and then she looked back over to the stranger. He had managed to make another three feet of progress. Then, she looked back at Wesley. She stared at him for a few seconds. She just made up her mind. She brought her sleeve to her face and wiped away all the tears. After she was done, she dropped her arm to her side and looked back to Wesley.

“What was his name?” She asked, with a slight change in her tone.

“Nathan.” Wesley gulped.

She nodded and slowly brought the hand that was carrying Wesley to the ground. The back of her hand touched down and Wesley knew he had to get off. He hopped off her hand it turned into a fist. He watched in awe as she brought the arm back up, extending her legs to return to a standing position. Her knees bent back into a straight form, and she was finally standing up straight. Wesley scanned her giant body, from her bare feet all the way to her incredibly high up head. His legs began to tremble, and they buckled underneath him, dropping him onto the floor. He could feel his mouth hanging open, but he wasn’t able to close it. She was truly gigantic.

Up above, Isabel looked down to the ground in front of her, her eyes focusing on the worm of a man crawling away from her. She began to walk to him, each footstep shaking the ground beneath her.

Nathan knew that she was coming for him. He couldn’t get out of sight quick enough, and now she was going to kill him. The fear of his impending doom summoned some unexpected energy from him and he started to move faster. He crawled as fast as he could, desperate to live to see another day. The distance he was making meant nothing to his pursuer, she could gain it back with only one stride.

The thudding got closer and closer until finally it stopped. Nathan opened his eyes and noticed the shadow looming over him. He felt a something big touch his side, and it flipped him over. Immediately, they both locked eyes.

“Nathan, right?” She said, delivering the line with an underlying deadly tone.