- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Not that she left, what will he do?

The surprises did not stop.

After she smiled at him, he stared at her downturned face looking down at him kindly, almost lovingly with her hands on her lap. Then she appeared to zone out, and her face went pensive as she leaned a little towards him, with an oddly possessive (he thought) and fixed look that made him uneasy. At this moment, he was fairly sure she was having second thoughts on letting him go… but the moment passed, and she shook her head in self-denial and stood up nimbly to her full height.

Again, he was indulged with a great vista of her long, shapely legs from his very low point of view almost touching her feet. His gaze wandered from her exquisite toes to her graceful ankles, strong calves, athletic thighs… and her very naked crotch. Seeing him looking up at her from almost directly under, she seemed to realize too late she was pants-less and with a rather cute but very loud girlish yelp both of her hands pressed against her exposed crotch, as she made a quick jump backwards, so he could not look up her skirt as easily. The jump took him by surprise and he shook in his boots at her hulking frame moving so suddenly.  Half bowed as she was, with her hands on her crotch, he noticed her blouse was unbuttoned and her black bikini top was showing, her rather large (of course) cleavage clearly visible and heaving enticingly with agitation. To his chagrin, she caught him looking at her chest and looked at him reproachfully. He turned away from her, ashamed.

And another surprise: Without another word or warning, one hand on her crotch and another on her ass to prevent him from more upskirt glances, she just turned, making the sand crunch under her toes and started walking away from him towards the water, her head low and her steps determined.  She did not look back.

Lucas gaped at the giant girl deserting him in bewilderment. Conflicting emotions started effervescing within him. He felt relieved of not being under the persistent gaze of her giant, entrancing yellow eyes, and away from her terrifying, if beautiful and soft hands armed with strong nails and fingers sturdier than many a crane. But at the same time, he felt abandoned.  After two days of wandering aimlessly, did he not want to be rescued, to find fellow people who could help him get back to his life? He knew he just had to follow her to find other people, but could he count on other giants being as kind as her? And how far would he need to walk? And what if a giant sea gull, a dog, a cat or a crab appeared?

Also, he was a little angry that she had just left, after peeing on him, leaving him to wallow in his or rather her stink, then she had groped him, practically ripped his pants off,  and afterwards she had the nerve to glare at him when he looked at her legs and chest… he was also unreasonably angry that they spoke different languages and could not properly understand each other… he did not even know her name! And:  Was he supposed to just stay there on his own, filthy, thirsty and hungry?

One thing was sure. He was no longer in Brazil. Nor in South America. Perhaps not even on Earth. This giantess was no lone barbarian living in an island, no lone freak like King Kong. Her dress, although of a rather odd cut (but he was no fashion expert) was obviously not homespun, but factory made: he had spotted a tag under her skirt when she stood up over him, and the buckles in her bra strap were not homemade nor wooden. They seemed to be plastic, which implied an advanced industrial society, which implied millions of giants. She even had a little makeup on. And there was the strange duration of the days, which seemed longer than they should be… and who knew how many other things were different?

He was accustomed to make decisions in a heartbeat. Lucas then decided that he would trust this woman, this giantess and ask for her help. He had to find out where he was, and how to get back home, if that was even possible. If going back was not possible, he would need even more help. Despite her strange attitude, the giant girl did not seem like a bad person.   And deep, deep down, he hoped she would continue where she left off and he was not averse to seeing more of her. Much more.

When he woke up from this reverie, he realized that her giant strides had carried her far. If she picked up the pace he would not be able to catch up with her. He started running, finding it a little awkward at first, even stumbling. He had to adapt his gait to an unconventional, gawky hop like the ones he had seen long-jumpers in the Olympics perform, but more clumsily, as he had to hold his pants up as they did not stay in his waist on their own anymore. His mind, trained to think in terms of g-forces when making air maneuvers, suggested that gravity was also off: it was definitely weaker than he was used to, making him comparatively stronger, which made sense if beings the scale of the giants were to exist, in another mood-sinking confirmation that he was no longer on his home world. He definitely needed the advantage of strength and speed, and even then, he struggled to catch up. But, as he feared, she started to walk more urgently, as if she could not wait to get away from him. She still did not look back, which left him feeling more than a little hurt, although he was well aware he had no right to be nor any claim for her attention. He did not fully realize it at the moment, but he already, secretly, wanted to please her, to be desired and needed by the lovely, alien woman.

Gritting his teeth, he ran as fast as he could, slowly gaining on her, even shouting once or twice, but being this close to the surf, his puny voice could not reach her ears.

And then, suddenly, she stopped and turned. He stumbled and fell on the sand. Sitting up, spitting sand, he saw her beautiful, serene face streaming with tears, looking beyond him. Her eyes were scanning the dune where they had met… looking for him! He stood up and screamed at her in anguish.