- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Melissa must endure another Gym.  

The drivers side door flew open like it was being torn off of the car, to Melissa but in reality Melanie had just opened it a little harder than normal.  

 

“Melanie!!!   Right here!!   On the backseat!!!” Melissa yelled as loud as she could.  

 

However Melanie just got in and started the car and the sudden movement toppled Melissa forward.   But then the forceful transition to drive as Melanie shifted it caused her to fly backwards which propelled her into the left ASICS shoe.   Melissa got to her feet but the turn that Melanie made knocked her down again.  

 

Melanie was on a mission.  She was going to the gym because she felt like she just needed to burn off some energy after a long day.  She was driving with a purpose to the gym. 

 

 

Melissa decided to stay down until the car came to a stop.    She heard the car shut off and then Melanie got out of the car.   Melissa looked over at the clear view of the passenger door and it opened and she saw Melanie’s body and face appear.   Melissa waved her arms above her head to try and get Melanie’s attention.  

 

Unfortunately, Melanie did not see Melissa and she grabbed her shoes by the backs and started walking into the gym along with her gym bag slung over her shoulder.  They gym was a YMCA  

 

Melissa was being bounced around inside the toe section of the ASICS shoe bouncing from the mesh at the top and the rock hard insole of the shoe.   Melissa tried to look out of the mesh as she was coming at it, she saw the front door but it was gone as soon as it disappeared as Melanie’s arm swung backward.  

 

“Hey Melanie!” said Bethany, the receptionist at the front desk. 

 

“Hey Beth!” Melanie said cheerfully.  

 

It was a short walk to the women’s locker room.   Melanie let her shoes drop on the bench as she opened up a free locker.  She opened her gym bag and started to rapidly pour out her gym clothes while simultaneously take off her work clothes.   During this process, the left ASICS shoe was knocked off of the bench and onto the floor.  Melanie did not much care since she was pre-occupied with other tasks at the moment.  

 

Melissa was dazed as she tried to recover from the beating she had just taken.   Her vision came through again and she got up and ran towards the opening of the shoe.   She got there and looked to see what Melanie was doing.   Seeing that she was changing, Melissa ran out of the shoe and away from her.  Melissa was not in the mood to be trapped in another shoe or bundled up clothes at the moment.   She came to a rest by the edge of the lockers as she was tired from running what seemed like a mile.   In reality a couple feet.   Looking over at Melanie, Melissa could see that she was reaching for her shoes and putting them on with her tight spandex on as well as a tight fitting blue t-shirt.  

 

“Melanie!!!!”  Melissa yelled waving her hands over her head.  

 

Melanie stood up and slammed the locker shut, causing Melissa to bend over and cover her ears as the noise reverberated around the locker room.  The thundering footsteps from Melanie faded away as she left to go work out and Melissa was essentially alone as she sat on the floor.   This did not last long however as Melissa looked up from staring across the white tiled floor.  

 

In walked Bethany, but what put Melissa’s blood to ice was the fact that she came in holding a broom with a dust pan.   Melissa stood up wide eyed as she walked in, her boots slapping the ground as she walked in.   

 

Her boots were massive to Melissa.   Melissa began to run away towards the far side of the small locker room, but her path was blocked as the right boot came down in front of her.   But the boot was not facing towards her as Bethany walked to the far end of the locker room.  

 

Melissa began to run towards the entrance of the locker room as she heard the scrapping of the bristles of the broom behind her in the distance.   It did not take long before she was tired.   She stopped and rested beside the pole that was holding up the bench.   The sweeping was closer.  

 

Melissa ran again.   But as she was running Bethany’s left boot slammed into the floor in front of her.   Melissa barely was able to stop and turned and ran the other way.   This however put her in the path of the next sweep as Bethany was going to take.   Melissa ran the other way and was greeted with the large pile of dust that was accumulating.   The broom caught up to her and pushed her into the center.  

 

Melissa looked up at Bethany’s face, uncaring far far above her.  The 40 year old had no idea that she was there.   To Bethany, Melissa was another piece of dust that she had to sweep up and had to be put into the trash can.   

 

 

“Hey!!!!!   Down here!!!!”  Melissa yelled. 

 

But it was futile.     

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.   It was extremely fun to write.   Please comment with thoughts and ideas for the next chapter or next story even.   

 

Thanks! Enjoy!