- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the long wait.   Finally got back into writing and I hope you guys will continue to comment ahd give suggestions to stories as they develop.  I know It has been well over a year since I updated so I hope it was well worth the wait.   

 

 

Melissa startled woke up in the middle of the night.   She sat up and looked around in the darkness, not that she could see anything but put her hand on her head.  

 

“Headache, must be sleeping wrong.” She said in a quiet voice.  

 

That’s when she remembered that she was still in Brooke’s volleyball shoe and needed to get out but the giant sock was in her way.   Melissa layed back down and shut her eyes and drifted back to sleep.  

 

Brooke woke up with a start to her day as she got out of bed and did her morning routine.   She then bounded down the stairs and got some breakfast and then remembered that she had to get her volleyball shoes in her bag for practice.  She absent-mindedly tossed her old socks on the floor next to the stairs going downstairs where the laundry was and left.   Her mom would clean up after her when she got home.   

 

Melissa woke up on a cold tile floor.   She looked to her right and saw both of Brookes volleyball socks laying on the ground, crumpled up.   She stood up and looked at the massive kitchen, of course she was small and this kitchen was made for normal people, not people that were shrunk.   She started to walk around.  

 

“That is a massive island.” She said to herself.

 

The light streamed in from the far window as Melissa looked at the clock on the far wall.   It read 9am in the morning.   Melissa looked around worried. She needed to get back to work to get un-shrunk.   A thought came to Melissa and it was one that was similar to her other situations.   Go to the shoe rack and see if she could hitch a ride.   

 

It took a little over an hour to get there at her size but she got there and she looked at the shoe rack.   She looked up at the giant shoes and saw a pair of running shoes that Melanie would wear sometimes to work.   

 

“Perfect!” she said, walking over to the bright white with purple accent ASICS running shoes.   She grabbed the netting on the outside of the right shoe and began to climb up.   She got to the top of the toe in no time at all and stood on the netting knowing that if she slipped she would have her legs slip though the holes of the netting.   She was standing there and was enjoying herself when she heard the sound of a car pulling into the driveway.    Someone is coming she thought.   She turned around and watched the door as she knew that it would not be long until it opened.    

 

The door opened and Melanie walked in.  

 

“Can’t believe I forgot my gym shoes!”

 

Melissa was in for a wild ride as Melanie grabbed the pair she was on and walked out of the door again.  The outside was a blur.  It was over quick as Melissa landed in the back seat of Melanie’s car with the shoes.  

 

Being normal sized would have not been a problem for Melissa if she were in the back seat of a car, but being an 1/8th of an inch tall and trying to stand up was almost impossible.   Bumps from the road kept her from standing up and worst yet, she could feel the slight swerving of the car while Melanie was driving.  

 

Melissa looked over at the left shoe that was to the right over not too far off.   The right shoe landed further off.  

 

“Maybe if I can get to the shoe, maybe I can hang on better.” Melissa thought as the car continued to rumble, with Melanie humming ever so slightly.  

Chapter End Notes:

Hope the short read was a good one!   Got more ideas in the pipeline.    Please comment and suggest ideas.   Thanks!   Enjoy!