- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Not much action but a scene that i thought needed to take place.  

Melissa managed to crawl over the overturned left shoe, which was on its side.   She reached and pulled herself up so that she was sitting on the ledge of the side of the shoe and looked over at Melanie driving.   She saw her hands sweep over the steering wheel for a left hand turn and that’s exactly what happened.   Seconds later, she felt the bumps of from the tires as the car went over the flattened curb.  

 

This jostled Melissa to her side.   She bounced right back up though and then stood up as she heard the keys jingling as Melanie turned off the car.  Melissa watched as Melanie got out of the car and disappeared.   The minutes turned into hours.  

 

Melissa was bored.   She needed something to do since she was stuck in a car.   She wandered down the running shoe a bit.   She noticed that the ASICS shoe had tighter weaves than the Nike’s or even Reeboks that she had been in previously.   She looked to her right and could see the impression of what she assumed was Melanie’s foot since she was the one that grabbed these shoes. 

 

Melanie was hard at work as she continued to do paperwork for the hiring process.  She thought it was weird that Melissa did not come back to her well paying job after a coffee run.  

 

“I wonder where could she be?” Melanie said, out loud. 

 

“Who are you talking to?” Stacy asked as she walked into Melanie’s office. 

 

Melanie looked up shocked to see that someone had just caught her talking to herself, it was not uncommon for her to talk to herself when she was alone, but she felt embarrassed that it happened at work. 

 

“Oh, nothing.  I was wondering where Melissa went though.” Melanie said to Stacy as she looked down at her paperwork again.  

 

“I don’t know where she went but I was cleaning out some bottom drawers of my desk and I found this.  Is this yours?” asked Stacy. 

 

Melanie looked at the same cylindrical object that unbeknownst to them, shrunk Melissa down to 1/8th of an inch tall.  

 

“Why no.  What is it?” asked Melanie. 

 

“I don’t know.” Stacy replied with a questioning look on her face but with an attitude of not caring. 

 

“Just toss it then, or just leave it, up to you.” Melanie said as she got back to work. 

 

Stacy set the cylinder on the table next to the door of Melanie’s office and left.  Stacy at that point figured Melissa was gone and completely dropped her from her thoughts.  She began to prepare herself for her new co-worker that Melanie was in the process of hiring.  

 

Melanie looked up from her paperwork and realized that the whole day had already passed and it was time to pick up.  She packed up her things and left her kitten heels clacking the hard tile of the floor.  It was when she got to the door of the building that she remembered the cylindrical object that Stacy had brought to her earlier that day that came to mind.  

 

“Hmmm, maybe I should take that home with me.” She thought silently.  

 

Heading back to her office took her only a couple of minutes and she picked up the object. 

 

“Hmm, interesting” she thought again, as she put it in her purse. 

 

 

Melissa had just woken up from a nap and was happy to know that she had not missed anything.   She wandered out of the shoe and onto the back seat of the car and that is when she heard the sound of heels clacking on the pavement.  

Chapter End Notes:

Again, thanks for reading and please comment and suggest ideas for future chapters.  

 

Please provide feed back as I will take it seriously to make my writing better.  

 

Enjoy!