- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is a digression from the character driven plot and more of a description of the new realities facing the shrunken males of the future and the changes to society that began to unfold after the unleashing of Aria’s virus re-programming the Y chromosome to shrink the males of the species permanently.

It was one thing for Aria and Devi to experiment with their boys.  The birth of a whole new generation of all shrunken males – no more than about four inches tall brought with it a whole host of unforeseen consequences.

Although most women, young and old, felt that boys should still have opportunities and education – there were practical challenges to affording them that.  Being so small and physically challenged compared to women – these boys – young or old were dependent upon their female caretakers for protection as well as feeding.  As already discussed – feeding required either specially processed foods or feeding of female fecal matter.  Classes had to be segregated for safety reasons.  You simply could not trust young girls to be careful enough around their boy peers.

In addition, because they were so small – these males regardless of age – lost body heat quickly.  As a result – even though their ideal body temperature was the same – to be comfortable they needed temperatures to be far higher than normal room temperature and needed to be kept in very warm conditions of over 90 degrees Fahrenheit to be comfortable.  Even the low 70s F was quite cold for them and without being bundled up – such temperatures could cause health problems if exposed for any significant length of time. 

The temperature problem had two solutions.   One solution was to do essentially as Devi and Aria had done (and now Rajasi was doing) with their pioneering boys:  namely keep their boys warm by keeping them tight onto their bodies – as babies to the breast and later as young men – safely in their pubic or anal area surrounded by their warm flesh.  Another less intimate solution was to provide specialized housing units (akin to insulated doll houses) for boys that were heated to higher temperatures.  As the first generation of worldwide shrunken boys was born and grew – such houses were designed and marketed – particularly for mothers of young boys who did not feel comfortable keeping their biological sons on their bodies the same way as Aria and Devi had done with their boys.  Heating ones whole house very hot was another option but would make the female occupants quite uncomfortable as well as be a waste of energy.  Bundling up the boys with excessively warm clothing also worked but was not very comfortable for them.

The other problem was the accidental deaths among the first generation of boys led to a demographic blip.  Even after women were became more careful about boy births – this demographic anomaly would not completely disappear.  The population had a slightly skewed and under-represented male class – i.e., there were fewer boys than girls. 

At first the demographic issue helped to protect boys.  However, the problem itself motivated some less ethical parties to think about artificially cloning or creating “crops” of boys for sale.  This would lead to darker problems in the future wherein the more benevolent among women-kind would have to fight to protect male rights being invaded by greedy and unscrupulous women keen on making males more ubiquitous (and thus more easily abused).

What could these males contribute to society beyond servicing the baser desires of their female lovers/owners?   Engineering fields or space travel could be avenues of opportunity for some.  A three to four inch human is a lot easier and more cost-effective to send to space than a full sized one.  But the reality was that for most men of this new era – the vast majority of their lives would be spent in the confines of their lovers’ panties – where they would be kept warm, safe and nourished.  Most males would be destined to spend the balance of their lives in the fleshy prison of their lovers nether regions, suckling their orifices for nourishment, warmed by their lovers’ flesh, and hidden from a world full of perils by their lovers’ panties. 

Mothers would “match” their sons when they were still young to girls of similar age who would ultimately take charge of them.  It was a new kind of arranged marriage – one in which it was the male who was treated as a piece of chattel property instead of the female as had been the case in bygone eras.  Adolescent girls in the throes of puberty would eagerly look forward to taking charge of their pre-selected boy toy.  After they did receive their boy toy – many girls would brag to their friends about their new possession or even show them their boy and stoke their jealousy.  Most girls took possession of their pre-selected boy when they were somewhere between 18 and 20 years of age.

Both the institution of marriage and how it was celebrated and performed rapidly changed as well.  Before long, any vestige of male equality (much less dominance) was gone and the vows exchanged became extremely matriarchal.  The “wife” pledged to care for, nourish, and protect her lover or “husband” – and he pledged to obey, worship and serve his “wife” in all circumstances – whether it was pleasing to him or not.  Typically the male was older than the female – this was not for the old patriarchal reasons though.  It was merely a concession to the fact that once a male was given to his pre-selected spouse/owner – any vestige of independence would disappear and the balance of his life would be entirely dependent upon her.  If anything were to happen to the female before the male passed away – his life would be forfeit and he may well die if not timely found and attended to.  On the other hand, if a male pre-deceased his “wife” - it might be sad for her but would not create any imminent danger for her. 

Women had eminent control over their lovers and could control when and if they attempted to procreate with them.  Much gratification could be had without fully inserting a male down the vaginal canal to the bottom where procreation might be accomplished.  Many women would chose to forestall such efforts or not pursue them at all and instead keep their lovers closer to the opening of their vaginal canal – suckling their clitoris, their vaginal folds or, at other times, suckling their anal folds and wrinkles.  Various lines of panties were created specifically for purposes of confining or using the shrunken male to maximum effect.  Many panties came with built in adjustable arm and leg cuffs to restrain the male in place.  Some imaginative women even came up with devices to keep a lover’s mouth wide open so that he could not help but lick her.  That device was particularly helpful for training or reigning in the disobedient slave who stubbornly refused to suckle his lover’s nether regions. 

Years went by and before long this was the new normal – the new way of the world.  The old guard of normal sized males were unable to stop this.  Some tried but nobody could figure out how to reverse the change.   Aria had succeeded beyond her wildest dreams.  She had changed humanity permanently and reshaped it to favor the female as the dominant sex of the species.  It would be a sharp break in the history of humanity.  Sharper than any single event before or after.  It was truly and irrevocably a women’s world now.  Now it was only a question of what kind of women would rule it and shape its future.

  

 

Chapter End Notes:

This is the final chapter of this story that I just marked complete after a few minor edits.  I will be posting the start of a sequel soon.