- Text Size +

The 7-mile tall giantess went to the coast where Boston had been, her footfalls torturing the Earth once again. Her bare feet crushed villages like nothing, each step obliterated countless acres of farmland and forest. But for Linda, it was a simple stroll to the coast, hardly feeling anything crush under her feet.

Having arrived at the Atlantic coast, she sat down. Her -for her proportions-small butt covered two coastal settlements, turning each into flat debris embedded in an oval hole, while the gigantic scientist rolled her trouser legs up. Although Linda had thin legs, her calves had now easily the girth of nine hundred feet. She stretched her long, long legs, each at least three-and-a-half miles long, into the Atlantic and let the waves play with her gigantic toes.The ocean washed away the dirt and debris that clung under her soles, dirt she amassed from having trampled countless buildings and people. 

Linda saw a tiny, tiny ship sailing near her left foot. Playfully, she caught it between her big and second toe and lifted it deftly out of the water using only her foot. What would the people aboard think? A huge woman's foot, with toes as big as an iceberg, lifting an entire vessel like nothing.

She plucked it between thumb and forefinger from her toes and studied it. Linda could hardly see and details, but it was a common passenger ship alright. She smiled. Licking her lips, she opened her truly cavernous mouth and put the ship on her tongue. Wow! An entire passenger ship, now in her mouth, held by nothing but her tongue! Linda pondered that notion for a few moments. Time travel was awesome!

GULP! She swallowed it like a morsel. Linda felt the tiny vessel glide down her throat. It could now try to stay afloat on her stomach acid.

She let her gaze glide over the ocean. Never had she dreamed of this! She, not only able to travel trough time, but a miles tall giantess as well! No, she wouldn't sell her device, still stuck to her girdle, to a competitor! She would keep it and travel wherever and whenever she wanted to. The past was her personal playground now, and Linda was not willing to share it with anybody.

She leaned backward and laid down, her vast body covering the area were Boston had been. Her long, thick Rasta locks stretched for miles, smothering three villages under their huge, thick mass. Linda shook her head violently, letting the mammoth strands, each having the girth of a highway now, fly back and forth, just for the sake of it. Like gigantic whips of doom, everything the swirling strands touched was immediately destroyed. The few skyscrapers still standing in Boston's vicinity were simply snapped in two as a strand flew against it. Another forest was turned into an open space full of stumps when another strand wiped over it, the trees clung in Linda's hair like tiny splinters. Even another ship was sunk as one of Linda's ornaments, now weighing countless tons and even bigger than the vessel itself, smashed against it like a huge wrecking ball. It soon lay on the bottom of the Charles River.

Having laid down for a while, Linda stood up to her full height. Parts of the debris of Boston, stuck to the cotton fabric of her T-shirt, fell down, items her dreadlocks had unwillingly collected followed.

She felt a pressure in her stomach. Linda bent over to a nearby village and burped. immediately she saw flames lighting up all over the place. Of course, her stomach acid, having dissolved the ship, had been turned to hydrogen by its metal. And her burp had consisted mostly of the highly flammable gas. Linda laughed at seeing the entire village burn.

She was so gigantic! How big would she be if she had programmed the device to take her even further back in time? How big would she get? Big enough to see the entire Earth? Or even better, to hang it in her dreadlocks as decoration? Linda pictured herself, with all the planets of the solar system hanging, in her strands like Christmas bulbs. She giggled.

"Well, that is something for another time," she thought. It was great to be such a huge giantess, but she wanted to go back, feeling tired and satisfied. Sure, in her own universe the office still stood and her project was cancelled, but so what? She had build the device anyway, still had her job, and come to think of it, it was even better this way. Now she had the time travel device all for herself after all. And if she felt pissed off again for whatever reason, she could always use it to grow and trample some more. 

Linda went back to her place of arrival, put her socks and boots back on, and pressed the button after having savored the compressed area were Boston had stood, now a wasteland, for a last time.

 

 

Epilogue



Linda returned to what was the present for her. When she arrived in the meadow it was just as she expected. Everything was exactly the way it had been when she left. The theory of parallel universes was valid. She had visited "somewhere else", been in a universe where Boston was in ruins now. Linda could only imagine what it would look like presently. Still a wasteland, flat debris in enormous footprints,maybe some saplings sprouting from underneath the rubble, as it had been 16 years ago since she destroyed it. 

Grinning, she went home. Revenge was bittersweet, they said, but Linda liked it.

That evening, the scientist sat on her couch, resting her bare feet on her table. She admired her feet, feet that had trampled Boston into oblivion three times. She rubbed her soles. Linda grinned. What if a small, a tiny, tiny faction of her former workplace would have gotten stuck under her foot and was being transported back to the present? It would have been tiny as well. 

Or what if she, Linda suddenly thought, had dug the office out of the ground entirely, employees and all, and taken it with her? 

A tiny office, hardly as big as a box of Pringles, standing on her shelf. She could command her hated bosses around, make them her slave, torturing them when she arrived home from another lousy day.

That was an interesting thought. Linda smiled broadly. 

Yes, that would be an exciting thing to do. She only needed to program her belt....



THE END (?)