- Text Size +

Dr. Linda Rose still stood on the same spot of the meadow, but the trees surrounding it now hardly came up to her knees! The wind played with her now gigantic dreadlocks, and she could see the city in the distance clearly, a view obscured by the trees a few moments before. 

"WHAT THE F...???" she almost cried when she realized what was going on. She was gigantic! The trees looked like bonsai, the meadow like a patch of moss. The biggest oak barely reached up to her thighs... that made her about 200 feet tall!

"What... how..." the young doctor wondered as she looked around her, full of surprise. She was back in time one year, but why was she a giantess? Her brain raced and found the answer quickly. The expansion of the universe! Of course!

The universe expanded, and so did everything in it. In other words, everything in the future is bigger than it was in the past. So, when someone, or something, travelled back in time, it appeared being much bigger. And more massive too, as she deduced when she noticed her boots sinking deep into the grass. How much would she weigh? Linda did some quick number-crunching, which was easy for her highly intelligent, scientifically trained brain, and estimated her weight to be 2,500 tons, compared to her former 120 lbs.

"Geez," she thought, totally baffled. She was massive! She was huge! The device worked, yes, and she was able to interact with objects, as the patch of crushed, smothered grass showed in her footprint when she lifted one leg. So she came from a parallel universe.... But turning time travellers into giants? That made study of history a bit difficult! What would the company say? She saw the building in the distance, with its glass walls and build in the shape of a large, thin cylinder. It looked, as Linda always thought, like a gigantic phallus.

She bent over, wrapped one of her hands around the trunk of an oak and pulled. To her surprise, she could uproot the age-old tree like a weed. And she didn't even need to pull with a lot of effort!

"Wow, I am not only gigantic and heavy, but also super-strong!" the doctor thought. She was open-minded and full of fantasy enough to immediately see the possibilities. And willing to use them. Or even exploit them. Linda had never been mainstream, as could be seen from her looks and way to dress in relation to her profession, so instead of being shocked and horrified about her sudden change, she immediately accepted and appreciated it. Yeah, she was a giantess now. And what would that mean?

She could get revenge on those morons in her firm, even if, at this point, they hadn't decided yet to quit her project. Well, that added to the surprise. And since she came from another universe, she mused, doing some harm would be ok. After all, when Linda travelled back to the present, it would be her own universe she went back to where nothing of this had happened, so she wouldn't change the past anyway, else she would have noticed before she left. So why not have fun and go on a rampage, now that she was a giantess? 

"Society just doesn't appreciate genius," she thought. "So why should I appreciate society?" 

Her anger with all of the world, even if most of it didn't even know her, still lingered inside her now 200 feet tall body. And Linda was going to give in to it.

She looked at the tree in her hand, which had the size of a bouquet of flowers to her. Linda grinned. This was just great!

She dropped the oak and tried to crush it under her heavy, thick-soled, black boot. Much to her surprise and delight, it splintered easily. As if stepping on a rotten sprig of bamboo. She lifted her foot and saw the green-yellow mush that was a full-grown oak a few moments ago. A full-grown oak! And she had crushed it like a weed! Linda marvelled at her new power. This was going to be fun!

The 200 feet tall physicist went on her way to Boston, careful at first not to step on too many trees but quickly abandoning that idea. The trees were flattened nicely without impairing her movement much, so why take heed? Linda stomped through the forest, leaving destroyed trees embedded in 30 feet long footprints in her wake.

She reached a lone farm at the edge of the forest. Linda saw the long house, as big as a large loaf of bread to her. Smiling, she brought her foot down on its roof. With a loud crash, her gigantic foot smashed the tiles, broke wooden beams, crumbled bricks and shattered windows. 

CRUSH! Her foot flattened the middle of the farm, making it look like someone took a large bite out of its centre. Linda saw a small man, probably the farmer, standing on a nearby field, looking shocked at her foot and his late farmhouse. When he gazed up at Linda, he froze as he saw her hazel eyes looking back. Linda made a mocking kissing motion with her lips, waved goodbye at him and went on her way.