- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Happy APRIL first




Ryan suddenly shot up from his bed as he felt his entire night come awake from his dreams.


“OH JESUS!” Ryan gasped as he held his chest with his hand as he tried to calm down from such a viscous visual nightmare. Everything felt so real and horrible that he couldn’t tell what was real. Looking around the bedroom, Ryan spotted the familiar room that he lived in. It was his bedroom in his apartment, and everything looked to be of familiar size. Nothing was enormous, it was the average basic size of normal furniture.


Suddenly Emily’s voice next to Ryan spoke up, “What?! Ryan?! What’s wrong?”


Ryan sat up in the bed as he heard Emily get up and turn on the light on their night stand. Ryan took a few gasp as he looked around and saw Emily at her normal human size. She looked worried as she glanced at Ryan with a troubled look on her face.


Ryan took a few breaths as he tried to calm down from his obvious dream, “It’s nothing… just… a dream.”


“A dream? About what?” Emily asked sounding concern for Ryan as he took a few more breaths to calm down.


“Just… something…” Ryan told her trying to recall what was a dream and what wasn’t.


Emily scoffed as she let out an annoyed sound before laughing, “Well I’m up now, so might as well tell me…”


Ryan sighed as he felt like he was coming back to reality, “I was just dreaming I had shrinkism… that I turned tiny and was in a world of small and large people. I left and was being tracked by everyone I knew and meet some tiny friends… and, well basically surviving I guess.” Ryan said recalling his dream.


“Shrinkism… tiny people…” Emily said slowly.


“Yeah…” Ryan nodded.


“You know,” Emily said slowly, “It’s not real, right? Shrinkism or whatever… tiny people… It’s was all a dream right?”


Ryan slowly recalled what Emily was telling him. Of course it was all made up. There couldn’t be something called Shrinkism, and little tiny people running around. That was all in his head. Ryan slowly nodded, “Of course.”


Emily took Ryan’s hand in hers and held it, “Everything going okay at work?”

Ryan slowly nodded at Emily’s worry about his job and how it could be affecting his dreams. “It’s fine. I just had too much to drink, or it was something I ate at dinner. It’s fine. Really,” Ryan reassured Emily.


Emily gave Ryan a loving smile before rubbing his arm and saying, “If you say so. I’ll be right here if there is something you want to talk about.”

Ryan nodded as Emily slowly laid back in bed before turning the lights off. Ryan sat there for a few moments and recalled his dreams and reality. Of course there wasn’t some shrinking disease or whatever turning people tiny. That was clearly all just a dream. Ryan had more important things to worry about, like his job and stuff.


Ryan sighed as he laid back in his bed and slowly closed his eyes forgetting about the stupid dream he was living a few minutes ago.

Shrinkism, what a stupid name for a stupid disease...



THE END

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed the ENDING of shrinkism ;) (....... no it's not really the ending just an april fools joke Someone inspired the other day)