- Text Size +

 

“No! Please!” The helpless villager yelled, though it was pointless as Ravia lowered him down her mouth, swallowing him whole. He struggled down her throat; kicking and struggling about, but soon enough, he would land in her stomach and dissolve to nothingness, soon to be waste. Ravia sat in the middle of the town square; wagons of food scattered around her. The village itself however, was completely ravaged; buildings punched through and stepped on, villagers trying to run flattened and splattered on the stone walkways, the rest inside Ravia’s stomach. Ravia’s routine was like clockwork: wake up, do her business, find the next nearest village she hasn’t eviscerated, completely deplete it of its resources and humans, feast and if she wasn’t feeling lazy, bathe, then hit the hay. Ravia enjoyed the repetitiveness though.  As long as it included demolishing villages and crushing those beneath her feet, Ravia wouldn’t hesitate to keep on doing it until she died. The mercenary attacks, however, have been quite taxing on the barbarian. Before only a small occurrence, now the sight of bloodthirsty cutthroats was almost guaranteed every night. Who wouldn’t, considering the absurd bounty the king had put on her: 100,000 gold. That was enough to buy the smallest province in the country. No man, or woman would be stupid enough to pass on that much riches. Their lives were shit enough as is, living from bounty to bounty. No matter the stories from those that managed to survive Ravia’s trail of destruction told, Ravia was a target any man would die for. And because of that, it seemed liked Ravia had endless waves of mercenaries coming for her, mostly at night because the cowards hoped to slit their throat in her sleep without having to get in conflict with her. Because of this, Ravia often spent her nights giant sized. Though, staying giant sized for so long was quite taxing on the barbarian; her gift of growing came at a cost and she could only stay giant while she was teeming with energy. When she got tired, so did her will to stay massive. When she was safe from conflict, Ravia would often nearly collapse from exhaustion from being big for so long.

 

“Ah, refreshing.” Ravia said as she emptied a barrel of ale down her throat. Ravia was bent forwards over the town’s tavern. With the roof ripped off and the front wall punched through, Ravia picked at the drinks behind the counter and guzzled down on them for herself.

“You monster!” A voice behind Ravia yelled. “You killed them all!”

“Eh?” Ravia said, still gulping down the ale and other alcoholic beverages. It was a young lad, standing defiant behind and underneath Ravia’s ass.

“All the townspeople, gone! How could you do such a thing?” The kid yelled. Ravia let out a small hiccup as she started to feel a bit tipsy.

“I can explain everything for you, lad. Just stay right there for me.” Ravia said, grinning. The boy, foolishly obliged and all that was left of his memory was the sounds of his ear-piercing cry as Ravia brought her ass down behind her and slammed it on the poor boy. The cobblestone walkway cracked as Ravia’s plump behind crashed down on it. As Ravia lifted her massive backside, she casually dusted off the crushed cobblestone wedged between her ass cheeks and wiped off the blood and guts smeared against her butt. Brutish and uncaring, Ravia wiped off the remains of the boy on the street and continued to indulge herself with the tavern’s drinks.

Ravia rose from her crouch, finally satisfied after running the entire tavern dry and stomped off towards the village entrance. Leaving her final mark, Ravia walked towards the last small house still intact, laid her foot on the roof and crushed it with her foot. The roof immediately caved in, defenseless against Ravia’s brutish strength. All that remained were the edges of the house’s walls, untouched from Ravia’s giant foot. As she raised her foot, debris, furniture and a string of blood raised along with it. A couple, the last surviving members of the village hoped they would be safe in their home, out of sight of Ravia. Though no one truly escape the giantess tyrant. Ravia smiled, satisfied with her carnage exited the ransacked village and decided to call it a day.

As the sunshine began to die down and night began to grow, Ravia slowly traveled across a hidden pathway in the woods. Her killing spree exhausted her, so she was forced to shrink down and rejuvenate her energy. She casually walked along the hidden pathway, leisurely heading towards her camp by the alcove with the waterfall. A striking pain coursed Ravia’s head, causing her to stop and soon enough Ravia’s surrounding’s became pitch black with her only able to see a few feet in front of her. Ravia paused, though she was ready to grow in a moment’s notice to fight.

“Must you be so murderous, Ravia?” A ghastly voice echoed out. Ravia’s body immediately relaxed and she rolled her eyes.

“Must you always bother me?” Ravia said in an annoyed voice.

“I would bother you less if you didn’t spend every day killing innocents, Ravia.” The voice retorted.

“I have power, so I use it, Elder Alton. If you have a problem with it, you’re more than welcome to take it away from me.” Ravia said.

“You know your duties, Ravia. You ignore them and instead spend your days thinning the population. Have you forgot what is expected of you from the clan of Alvita? You kill only those that oppose you, not those that beg for mercy at your feet!” The elder yelled. Ravia only scoffed.

“Are we done here? I would like to bathe and sleep, elder.” Ravia said.

“No, we must talk.” Elder Alton said.

“I don’t have time to chit chat about our clans past failures. I’m here to enjoy my life.”

“Ravia, you have a duty to this clan. You mu-”

“Fuck your duties. I am my own person.”

“Ravia. Listen to me.”

“No! You listen to me. I am ti-”

“SILENCE!” Elder Alton screamed. His voice was menacing and for a moment, Ravia was genuinely scared. Elder Alton was a powerful man. His mastery in magic was second to none and not to mention the giant clan’s biggest weakness; arcane magic. Ravia shut up and stood firm.

“Sorry.” Ravia said. The word felt foreign to her.

“Thank you.” Elton Alton said. Before Ravia’s eyes, the elder began to materialize before her. Though, his body was cloaked in a ghost-like shimmer. The elder himself was quite tall, standing around 6 foot, 4 inches, though Ravia still towered over him.

“You’re the chosen one, Ravia,” Elder Alton said. “You are the only one that can bring back the clan and return us to our former glory. The kings and queens of this country have abused their power for far too long. We must strike back. But first, there is a heavy burden placed on your shoulders; without you, we cannot succeed.” He said.

“Yeah, not surprised.” Ravia scoffed.

“Where even were you during the battle for Alvita, Ravia?” Elder Alton questioned.

“You already know where I was. Fighting that bitch. Had I known she was just trying to waste my time, I would have run away and helped you sooner!” Ravia yelled but she knew justification didn’t matter anymore.

Ravia sighed. “Just tell me what’s needed of me, elder.”

“You see that neck brace you are wearing?” Elder Alton pointed. “That is no ordinary neck brace. It belonged to Ava.” Ravia’s eyes widened.

“Bullshit.”

“I dare not speak a lie. Ravia, when the kings and queens annihilated us, they took with them the pendant of Ava and kept it for themselves. They broke it into 4, hoping to nullify it, but the pendant holds unimaginable power. They remain still intact. Only a member of the giant clan has the privilege to destroy the pendant. You must find the missing pieces. With all 4 together, the pieces will become one and you will be bestowed with godly power; the main one being resurrection.”

Ravia shook her head. “So, you want me to risk my life 4 times over for a pendant, just so I can bring you guys back? That’s ALL it can do?” Ravia said. Elton Alton was getting flustered, barely keeping his cool.

“No. There is far more. You can grow faster, grow bigger, untapped acc-” Alton was cut off before he could finish.

“Did you say grow more?” Ravia asked.

“Yes.”

“How much more?”

“I Don’t know the exact amount but maybe around 5000 feet tall with all the pendants.”

Ravia’s heart skipped a beat. A grin began to develop on Ravia’s face, followed by a maniacal laugh.

“Alright, I’m in.” She said, chuckling more.

“Do not forget the truly purpose of this journey, Ravia. Don’t be blinded by greed and the lust for power. Maybe I should ask Nal-” but the elder was once again cut off.

“Do NOT speak that name. Just tell me what I must do.” Ravia said.

The elder was silent for a moment. An odd energy began to emanate out from him as he slowly chanted in an ancient, unrecognizable dialect. The elder’s hands move about in a flurry, so fast that Ravia could hardly keep up with his movements. The elder shouted one final word and a wave of energy pulsated out, pushing back Ravia.

Your journey begins anew, once you are 2.”  He said, cryptically.

Hellfire’s wake, shall you change your fate. Singed, the harsh realizations of reality will seep in.” he continued.

Your hubris shall befall you. Your fear, you must embrace.”  The elder said. Ravia looked on, puzzled as ever. She wasn’t the smartest person but even then, such a cryptic string of sentences seemed impossible to decipher. As the elder spoke his last sentence, his body slowly began to disappear. Ravia lurched forwards, trying to grab the elder.

“Wait!” She cried out. “You’re going?”

“I used all of my residual energy to set you on your journey. You will hear my echoes as you move with your journey. Should you forget what you heard, just think deeply and my voice will reach to you. From here on out though, Ravia, I will only be able to reach out to you in a less powerful form. The entire clan of Alvita is counting on you. The sinners who stole from us will know you are coming. The pendant of Ava will come to life again once your journey officially begins.”

“Why didn’t you say you were going to disappear?!” Ravia said, confused and angry.

“You were too busy worrying about yourself. You cut me off twice while I was trying to tell you. But again, Ravia, it seems life should only be about you. I’ll be honest. I have given up on hope. I know this clan is doomed. I know you won’t fulfill your destiny, but the others beg and pray every day that you will.” Elder Alton said. His harsh words were his last as she disappeared. Not a goodbye, not even a good luck. The darkness around Ravia began to dissipate. She stood there on the dirt path for a while, taking in the things the elder had said. Ravia stomped off towards her camp, wiping a tear from her eye.