- Text Size +

"Babe I'm going now! And those shoes better be spotless by the time I get back!"

The sound of the door slamming shut boomed throughout the house and was followed shortly by silence.

"Time to get to work..." Nate sighed, staring at the daunting task ahead of him. Two sneakers towered above him, and at his size of an inch tall they looked like buildings.

Nate lived with his girlfriend Kayleigh and her two roommates, and all three girls worked during the day. This meant most days he found himself in the house all by himself with lots of time to kill. Usually he would sleep in and binge TV until Kayleigh got home and they could spend time together. More recently though, she had made sure he pull his weight around the house and gave him specific chores to do. Generally they were simple tasks such as cleaning the floor or folding laundry, but to Nate they were monumentous accomplishments that he only finished a fraction of before Kayleigh arrived home.

Kayleigh had been excited to tell Nate her idea for a new chore this morning. Her once white high top shoes were overdue for a cleaning, and who better for the job than Nate. After all, Kayleigh knew how much he liked her feet. "Don't enjoy it too much you little bug!" she had teased him.

While it was true Nate was looking forward to his new task over the others, he was more worried about getting the job done as best he could before Kayleigh came back. Originally Nate was hesitant about moving in with his long-term girlfriend, but with her persuasion techniques and the new shrinking technology that worked effectively on men she convinced him to move in with her a month ago. The arrangement worked well, as Nate enjoyed the wonders of his new size and Kayleigh was content working for the both of them as long as they lived together.

Nate wasn't sure if it was due to his size, role in the house, or some other factor, but he had noticed he was becoming more and more obedient and submissive to his girlfriend. On the other side of things he noticed Kayleigh had become more assertive over him, and from what he could tell she liked it. After all, she was the strong-willed one and he had always been laid-back. Nate was adjusting to the changing dynamic in the relationship, but far in the back of his mind he feared that Kayleigh might one day take things too far.

Various supplies were gathered around Nate; a small toothbrush, a saucer with soapy water, a ladder he constructed out of toothpicks, and Kayleigh's portable bluetooth speaker, which even at a low setting shook Nate to his core. Lucky for Nate, the bluetooth function of the giant speaker still worked with his miniscule phone. Wasting no time, he put on his favorite playlist and got to work.

Zoned in on the task at hand and motivated by the music Nate worked diligently. He was so focused he worked for hours, stopping only once to eat the crumb-sized portion of food Kayleigh had left him to eat. Nate was hellbent on getting the job done, and he would see to it that his girlfriend was satisfied if it was the last thing he did. After countless hours of tireless labor, Nate sprawled to the ground with his back to the floor and his arms outspread.

After a minute he sat up to admire the fruit of his labor. Kayleigh's sneakers had lost their dirty brown tint and reverted to their original white color. A couple spots could still use some attention, but overall Nate did an effective job of cleaning the shoes, especially for someone of his size.

He sat on the ground with sweat dripping from his forehead. "Kayleigh's gonna love this!" he exclaimed, ecstatic from his own accomplishment. Nate thought his girlfriend would be so impressed she would have to reward him. Just then, his stomach let out a low rumble. He had been so drawn to his work he forgot just how hungry he was. Kayleigh would just have to cook him up something nice when she got home, especially since he deserved it.

Since he finished with some time to spare, Nate would have to wait for his gargantuan girlfriend. For what seemed like half an hour he lay and stared up at the ceiling, too hungry and excited to take a nap. Nate could make out the sound of a car's engine approaching, and when it finally got closer the sound cut off and he heard its door shut. Kayleigh was home.