- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As promised, a chapter before Christmas!! Hope you all enjoy. As always, thanks for reading!

 

Janine screamed at the top of her lungs to the two girls chatting above, desperately trying to tell Kate not to sit on the couch. Obvious, neither giantess paid any attention to her yelps. She wanted to scream “you killed him!!” and cry. She understood she should be sad, but the ‘pop’ sound produced after Kate sat…

Janine was left alone, laughing her ass off as the only witness to her step brother demise under a monster crack… and then… she cried. Many minutes passed until her strength came back. Kate had already gone outside in search for Jake and now, the only clamors above came from Maggie constant walking around, but the footfalls also stopped after the giantess drunk herself to sleep on the couch.

The elder sister stays put while contemplating her options… Outside the shelter of the lounge, a forest composed of dust and red fibers, the carpet between the living room and the kitchen, stretched for miles…

 “Should I make a run for it? Even if I manage to not end up squashed or eaten, how many days will it take to get to the kitchen and find edible food? One day? Two days? Will I survive that long without water?”

 

- Hey, you thinking about doing something stupid aren’t you?

 

“Huh?!”

Startled by the sudden interjection, Janine turn around. There, hidden in the corner, is an ant. Seeing Janine terrified expression, the ant talks again.

 

- Relax. I am not here to hurt you. 

 

- Wha… how? Am I mad? Have I gone mad?

 

- If you are mad, I guess I am one crazy ant too. I never thought the day I would be able to exchange words with human would come.

 

(…)

 

- My God! My God!! Is this really happening right now?? Are you for real??

 

- Bah! You tell me! You are clearly human but… something about you is like me.

 

- Yeah, duh. We are almost the same height… though you seem taller by a hair or two.

 

- No, you fool. If it was just that we wouldn’t communicate at all. There is some part of you that seems like me. How did you become like this? Why are you so small?

 

Truth is, when her father came home, Janine was pretty upset about everything that happened earlier. So he offers some strange blue liquid saying it would help Janine calm down.

- Then my body shrunk. Smaller and smaller and smaller, until my own house felt like an entire different world to me.

 

- I see… so this is what? An experiment from your father?

 

- I guess it is…

 

- Must have been scary…

 

- It still is. When I came to, Jake was back with Maggie but…

 

- Sorry, who?

 

- My step-brother and sister. The blonde snoring up there – Janine points upward as to make her point –  Anyway, they didn’t felt like my step-brother and sister at all. They felt like gods to me, you know?

 

- Oh I know what you mean. Trust me, you get used to it.

 

- Yeah. I could get used to living in one of Jake’s biceps… or having him at the palm of my hand… - Janine stares coldly at her own palm – But I guess both are impossible now.

 

- And why is that?

 

- He died.

 

As part of a insect species, the ant can’t fully grasp Janine sadness and thought the girl aloof attitude to be due to hunger and thirst, so it decided to carry her to the kitchen.

 

- There is plenty of food there. You will feel better after eating something.

 

As they made their way, Kate returned home, but that didn’t troubled then as the giantess only mumbled about Maggie being a drunken whore, kicked her cleats aside and went upstairs. Janine chuckles. At the bottom of the soccer cleats there were remains of a black ant deeply glued together by gum.

 

- Friend of yours?

 

- No.

 

- I killed quite some of your friends for sure back when I was larger.

 

- Why did you do such thing? – The question didn’t bore any signs of hatred, it was just the plain curiosity of a lesser being who got the one in a life chance of talking to a greater one.

 

- … Don’t know – She answered after some thought – Because we can, I guess. Ants are weak and small.

 

 

- I see… well, you are probably not wrong.

 

- Right? Don’t blame us. Ants are practically made to be stepped on by humans. Your kind is always walking around everywhere. So annoying. Most times, I crushed the likes of you just because they dared get near my feet.

 

She wriggles her toes in front of the ant eye laughing nervously.

 

- But, then, what does that make of you?

 

- Right now? A useless human! Hahahahahaha!!.

---------

Maggie continued stretched on the couch in a half-asleep half-awake state after drinking a couple beers to try and calm down, when a scream upstairs brought her back.

 

- What?! What is it??!

 

But there was no answer.

 

- Kate, is that you? – She called again – What happened?? Did you found him??!

 

Maggie tries to jump up, but only manages to tumble face down on the floor. It’s like an atomic bomb explosion. Even if they were almost at the kitchen doorstep, the impact sent waves everywhere and made Janine lose her balance.

 

- OUCH!!

 

The giantess utters, poorly standing to her feet. The blonde tries to move forward despite the nauseating sensation inside her guts, directly en route to her shrunken sister. Everything is trembles and shakes and Janine is unable to see straight or recover balance.

 

- Help!! Please!!! Make it stop!!! Make it stop!!!!

 

A dark menacing shadow is casted over the tiny girl. Grime pours from the sky. Maggie’s foot now hovers over Janine dominating the tiny field of vision. Janine sobs uncontrollably as Maggie starts descending her smooth pale sole for another step.

Suddenly, the talking ant picks Janine with the jaw and starts to run way faster than when it was carrying her. Nonetheless, It was clear they wouldn’t scape the feet.

- Human!

 

- W-What?!

 

- Keep your head down!

 

The ant made a sudden stop to accumulate enough momentum before throwing the girl forward with all its might.

 

- It was a pleasure being useful to you! Keep on living!

 

With those last words, the ant was squashed. Janine did not got squashed too by a hair string and the impact sent her rolling away some more inches (meters from her perspective).

She had lost all sense of direction but didn’t bother to move. She just stayed there lying on her own back… crying, not making any sense out of anything anymore. First Jake, now the ant. She was alone again.

Shockingly, after a loud thud, Maggie’s face appears above Janine, her bright blue eyes looking straight to her location. Maybe she was finally seen! Maybe there was still hope after all!

No. That booze from earlier was taking its toll and the nausea got so much worse Maggie had to kneel. Janine was just below her face, noticing Maggie white skin was paler and displayed an unusual radish shade.

The giantess gritted her teeth in pain but it was in vain. She opened her mouth with a cavernous grunt and a waterfall of vomit just rushed out.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Not sure if I will be able to upload another chapter before the new year, so I would like to take this chance and wish to all my readers a MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!! MAY 2020 BE A GOOD YEAR FOR ALL GIANTESS LOVERS :DD