- Text Size +

Author Notes:

ATTENTION NO GTS THIS CHAPTER!Hey everyone this chapter took a lot longer to write than I first expected. Being that this is my first story I really struggl with dialogue and such. I still hope that anyone who reads it still might enjoy it. As of the posting of this update I’m working on chapter 3 and hope to get it out before thanksgiving. If you have any criticism or possible scenarios that you might want to be in the next chapter feel free to leave them in the reviews.


        And today's stages are  “Arowana Mall’ and “Port Mackerel” ! Marie said as a crowd of inklings gathered to watch the morning broadcast in the square. Miko watched as the idols on screen exchanged playful banter and wrapped up the show.  He let out a sigh, god why do i have to be such as loser. The inkling looked down at his dirty orange overalls and dingy hat as he walked to his grizzco shift. As he approached the entrance the yellow girl at the bonus window noticed the disheveled inkling talking to himself. Hey squid how are ya? You look like you were just under a roller. She gave a small laugh as miko looked up to see so was Was trying to grab his attention. 


       He became flushed as he tried to speak to the girl. “Uhh.. no, heh ya know, i've just had a bad life.” He stammered out.”Wow, sounds rough”answered the girl with a smile, resting her head into her hand on the counter. “Yea you know i was just in a rush this morning since i woke up kinda late today and I didn’t really have time to clean my gear or anything so its kinda a mess.” Miko stuttered trying to act confident.” She squinted her eyes at miko and realized “Hey you know, I've actually seen you around here pretty often but today you don't seem as chipper ,you ok?”said the inkling girl giving him a pout .”Oh me!That's nothing really  i’ve just been having a lot of bad luck you know, I haven’t been doing my best lately so my teammates kinda hate me and told me to just lay down get splatted and to never talk to them again but I’m sure it was just a joke. I'm sure they’ll be missing me any day now…..any day.” Whispering that last part to himself. The yellow inkling feeling pity for Miko“ I’m really sorry to hear about all that and i can’t really help with that whole bad luck and team thing but maybe this will help.”The Girl reached under the counter and revealed a new hat to miko. Here take this, by the looks of it you’ve needed one for awhile.”Oh! Thanks but I can't take it, I don't want to get you in trouble with your boss.” miko said gazing at the cap. She gave him another smile “Ha don't worry about it kid things get lost around here all the time they won't even notice if one hats missing.”  Replied the girl. Miko placed the hat on his head with a beaming grin.”Well thanks for the hat uh.. what’s your name?” You’re welcome and the names dizzy she said joyfully as she gave miko a smile. 


       “Well thanks dizzy i gotta go I’m about to be late for my shift. The inkling ran past the gates and found himself aboard a boat headed for the ruins of the ark polaris. As the others in his crew talked amongst themselves about things such as friends,gear or plans they had made for the day miko seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. “Her eyes were like sunflowers flowing in the breeze and her nose is like a little mochi.And the way she moves so delicately and is so caring.Plus her smile was like sunshine and. “HEY! Kid stop messing around on over there and get to work! Your team is in trouble out there.” Miko looked out at the ruins as his teammates were being overrun by enemies. Miko jumped off the boats side to his team and scrambled to get is weapon ready. 

 

        He landed onto the stage and pulled his weapon up to fire a shot but a cohock had snuck behind him with its frying pan striking mikos head causing him to lose consciousness .The inkling awoke in a chair with a throbbing pain and reached for his head wincing when his hand made contact.” Ouch my head.” Miko took notice that the rusted structures of the ruins were replaced by a disorderly mess of papers on a desk and the cream colored walls of an office. “ huh where am i?” The captain walked in“Oh!So you finally awake. How do you feel?” “I feel ok i guess except for a headache” said miko. “ Well at least you seem to be ok kid as for where you are you’re in my boats office. Honestly, I didn't expect you to be up so soon after that smack you took.”replied the captain.Miko slumped down recalling what had  happened earlier.” Hey did my team at least get through that last wave?”miko asked. “Nope, after you took that pan to the head the rest of them were wiped and i had to pull y’all out of there. Now look I’m just the captain of this boat and not to seem mean or anything but I’m not paid to babysit and seeing as you seem to be alright i suggest you get a move on. You don’t gotta go home but you can't stay here.” Miko got up from the chair and went to the upper deck.The sky was painted in vibrant oranges and purples that were broken by the bright lights of the city docks. “I must’ve been out longer than i thought it’s almost night. I guess ill just head home then”.


       Miko headed out of the docks and through the streets of inkopolis. He made his way through the square to see if dizzy was still at her window but grizzco had closed for the day.” Dang i must’ve just missed her. I guess it wouldn’t have mattered anyway since I’d probably be too much of a wimp to say anything to her.” Miko mumbled under his breath. As he headed home miko weaved his way through the inklings in the square and past the bright streets into dark alleys until coming to a decrepit apartment complex. The building was a dingy place that creaked and groaned bearing a dirty tinge on the walls.  It was a mess of wiring and leaky pipes but for an inkling who would rarely found himself with money to spare it was the only option. Miko made his way inside and up the creaky steps to the top floor. 


       Miko reached for his keys but he couldn’t find them on him. “ Dang it I must have lost them when i was passed out.” “I guess it doesn’t matter.” Miko began to shake the handle until the door swung open letting the dim hall light into the pitch black apartment. “ I should really fix that handle at some point.”Miko flicked the light switch to no avail. “What the heck!, first my keys now the lights.” He closed the door and reached for his shell phone using its light to illuminate his way through his mess of a home. He took a couple steps forward when a faint breath caught his attention. Miko froze and started backing up when a hand covered his mouth and hurled him to the floor.The dazed inkling had restraints set around his hands and ankles and a rag stuffed into his mouth. Miko panicked and struggled on the floor as tears of anger and fear rolled down his face any cries for help muffled. 


        On the outside miko was fighting for his life but internally his mind raced with thoughts of what his captor would do. The room suddenly lit up and miko saw what appeared to be a shapely woman wearing a green sweater ,black shirt and pants ,baseball cap with a face mask. She pulled out a weapon that seemed to be a splattershot but seemed off. “ This is it” miko thought. “ This how it all ends with me dying at the hands of some robber. NO! I have to at least try and do something! Miko struggled once more and bit down on the rag with all his strength tearing it with his fangs. Before miko could make a sound the intruder slammed her foot into his chest knocking the wind out of him. Miko gasped for air as she pointed the weapon at miko.


        Miko’s lungs burned as he choked out “ Please ... don't kill me, I'm begging you.” The girl lowered her gun and began laughing .”Haha.. what! I’m not going to kill you. Why I couldn’t do that... to my biggest fan.” Miko froze, he recognized that voice. He stammered hoarsely ” Marie? Is..is that you?” Marie tilted her head and smirked“The one and only little man.”she replied smugly. Miko gritted his teeth as the pain from his chest pulsed throughout his body.”What’s going on!?” Miko said through his teeth.“As he began to catch his breath the fear swelled into anger.”Aww, you look so cute when you’re all mad short stuff.” Marie took a glance around the room taking in every inch with precision.”I bet you know every little thing about me don't ya.” said marie. Miko shameful looked to the floor to avoid her gaze. She cupped his head in her hands turning his face to hers.” I bet you didn’t know this though. I’m also your number one fan as well.” Miko gave a puzzled look”What? what do you mean?”


       “Imagine if some random kid just disappeared people would worry. Police would look for them. A whole investigation turning over every last rock in inkopolis, but yo different.You have no friends, acquaintances or even pets, living all alone with not even a single call,text ,letter, or even email from anyone.Not even your own parents. You could disappear tomorrow and nobody would even know you existed.” Marie threw him back on the ground and raised her weapon. “Now hold still.” Marie fired the weapon. A light blue ink shot out covering his body. Miko felt as if every inch of himself was set ablaze..Marie picked him up as his vision began to fade into darkness.


  

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

This chapter was mostly meant just to lay some groundwork for the story. There will be some gts in the next chapter so keep a look out.