- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter isn't really suited for you if you're squeamish, don't say you weren't warned.

The pair of first years, composed by Nakiri Erina and Arato Hisako, quickly headed to one of the private kitchens that were made available to the God's Tongue.

"Hisako, cover the windows, please, we don't want anyone to know what we are doing right now" Erina ushered, to which Hisako answered "Yes, Erina-sama" and proceeded to do as instructed. 

While her assistant was busy, Erina mechanically brought all the ingredients and tools she intended to use to the table, just like she did contless times before. When everything was put in an almost overly precise fashion, she finally laid her eyes on the white bucket.
She took a deep breath and popped off the lid.

When she looked inside, hundreds of scared eyes met her gaze. They weren't even half the size of her pinky finger, but their were so many that the bucket could barely fit them all while standing.


As she continued studying them, she noticed more details. Their skin was much darker than hers, and were all generally young. She couldn't help but notice a few that were much younger than others. Very few seemed to be older than 30.
Erina hypothesized that it was probably due to their helplessness, at that size they were surely fell prey to most other animals...
"How tragic" she whispered.
She wondered what she looked like to them. A pale, terrifying and enormous face looming above, studying them with her penetrating gaze, not much differently from the predators that had eaten so many of the tiny things. She started feeling pity, and considered changing her mind about the whole ordeal, her beautiful and noble appearence getting a little softer for a moment.

But then her gaze quickly turned as the usual icy glare. What she was looking at was nothing more than food. Food that was soon going to end up in her or Hisako's stomaches to be broken down to nutrients and feed their comparatively gigantic bodies. This was what she set her mind to.

 

"The first sample already gave me a lot of information, but i still need to know more of the basic ingredient. Consuming it whole had a certainly ... interesting effect" she thought, unconsciously caressing her midriff, where the first victim had long stopped his struggles "but i have to experiment more".

With that, she lowered her hand into the plastic container, and noticed that the crowd started scurrying away from her fingers. Despite being absolutely terrified, they barely moved, their pathetic struggles barely noticeable to the enormous girl. She smiled at the futility of it, while her fingers easily apprehended a young male, espertly pinching him with a delicate touch.

The terrified tiny could do nothing but struggle and scream while he was brought in front of Erina's face, where her predatory gaze finally met his own. 
The pressure he felt just by looking at the giant purple eyes as they were staring at him was enough to freeze him up. As he watched at his crying reflection on her pupils, he instantly realized there was nothing he could do. He was food. Not a living being anymore. And as such, she was going to eat him. Simple as that.

The realization and the absurdity of the situation broke him so deeply, he didn't even notice as she gently put him inside her enormous mouth. He just stared blankly, not even resisting as her giant tongue effortlessly swished him around and finally placed him onto her pearly white molars. Then the upper row suddenly fell upon him like a guillotine.

As Erina bit down on the poor soul, she could feel his insides splattering all over her teeth and tongue, along with a powerful wave of strong flavors, so strong that she had to contain herself not to moan in front of her friend. She chewed a bit more, then swallowed his ground up remains.

"That's certainly a completely different experience from swallowing one whole. Can't say which one i prefer" She thought, trying not to think about what she just ate as a person.

 

The next test involved different methods of cooking. Thus, she prepared all the necessary equipment and seasoning, all under the adoring gaze of her assistant.
Finally, she inserted her hand inside the bucket and proceeded to gently pluck one at a time, to set them onto the soft palm of her other hand. After a few seconds, a little crowd stood terrified on the creamy skin of the high school girl. Erina looked at them and thought how easy it would be to just close her hand in a fist and turn them all to a meatball of blood and gore.

"Try not to fall there, i don't want to waste any of you" she warned, even though she knew they couldn't understand what she said. 

Then, she brought them all to the stoves, in front of each respective pan or pot in order to be either fried, steamed, simmered, or cooked in other ways. 

They soon caught on to what she was going to do with them, so they soon broke into a panicked frenzy, but they were trapped. One decided to jump, but was quickly snatched up by the other hand of the high school girl.
"I thought i just said not to fall" she sighed, bringing the poor fool directly onto the frying pan, and dropped him. 
As he plummeted towards the searing hot surface, he was already screaming and flailing;
but as he made contact with the olive oil, his struggles increased tenfold, as his skin was instantly burned and his blood boiled, but in mere moments he stopped moving, his howling dying in his throat.

The crowd had stopped moving and screaming, and just stood in shock at what they had just seen. Erina looked at them coldly, before saying "Who is up next?"

The way the others died was neither painless or silent, but Erina forced herself to watch the last moments of every single one of them. It wouldn't feel right to first decide to kill and eat them all, but then not taking responsibility for it.

After a few minutes, a row of small plates was set in front of her, on each one the corpses, often barely recognisable, of the differently cooked tinies. Erina took a deep breath, and proceeded to taste each one along with her assistant. 
When she and Hisako were done eating them, they both concluded that after all, raw, alive and kicking was by far the best way to consume them. Any type of cooking was apparently detrimental to both the flavour and the texture.

Therefore, the issue was how to heighten their qualities as a raw ingredient.
The obvious and simple route cosisted in using sauces and condiments for it like soy sauce, and in some cases ther was a slight improvement but in no way relevant.

The two girls passed the whole evening trying out different combinations, but eventually hit a dead end: it seemed virtually impossible to do something better than the raw and pristine ingredient.

 

Frustrated, Erina decided to stop for now and keep on trying the next day, so she cleaned up, changed her school shoes, putting them in her locker, and put on her loafers to walk home with Hisako.

When her thigh-high socked feet got inside the stuffy confinement of her expensive leather shoes, she wished she could just wear some of her more comfortable shoes, like her cute flats. "Maybe we should go shopping for shoes one of these days, Hisako" she suggested, turning towards her purple haired friend, who seemed deep in thought, one hand resting on her tummy. After a few moments the assistant jolted up and answered "O-Oh sure Erina-sama, i think that's just a wonderful idea! Some of my shoes are getting old... "

She was definitely troubled, and it wasn't like Erina didn't understand her guilt. Only today, Erina had killed and eaten 104 of the tiny humanoids, while Hisako ate 67.
That meant that currently there were 171 tiny lifeless bodies (or pieces of them) traveling through the digestive systems of the two high school girls.


Thinking about it that way, it certainly sounded barbaric and cruel, but Erina was starting to believe that the things were made to be eaten. She had virtually tasted the meat of every animal that was available on earth, and nothing was even comparable to this. What would they be useful for besides being eaten?
She looked at the bucket that she was carrying with her, her feelings mixed with guilt and curiosity, and then to the road ahead of her.

---

Exhausted, she decided to have a bath the next day, so she changed in her slippers and her pijamas, placed the bucket on the nightstand, got into bed, and got one of her shojo manga that she had recently taken a liking to.

After a few chapters, she felt she was ready to turn off the lights, but as she reached for the switch, she remembered about the little people. 

She suddenly had a craving for something to eat, so she opened the lid, carefully picked up 5 of the tinies and studied them, and laid down.

The terrified little people could do nothing but watch as they desperately held on the soft flesh of Erina's fingers. Far below them her enormous face, sorrounded by a seemingly endless halo of golden hair, studied them for a few seconds.
Then she whispered "It's your fault that i'm eating you, you taste too good to have the right to live" until her lips parted and they all fell towards the abyss.

They all luckily landed on the soft and moist surface of her tongue and were swept up into her mouth, where Erina started to greedily suck on their bodies.

Only then she turned off the lights, enjoying the sensation and the taste of 5 miniature people fighting for their life unside her mouth in order to not be eaten.
After a few minutes, she got tired of playing and stayed for a few seconds with her lips half parted, letting a bit of moonlight inside, panting slightly. Then, her night snacks still in her mouth, she murmured: "You did a good job at entertaining me for this evening, now please be good and struggle a lot while going down" and then swallowed them all in a single, powerful gulp.

With that, she smiled and gently drifted to sleep, lulled by movements and the muffled cries of agony and despair coming from her belly...

 

Chapter End Notes:

Whew, two chapters in two days? What has gotten over me?