- Text Size +

Erina was waiting inside the japanese-styled room, the sliding doors facing the inner garden open, waiting for the first examinee.

It wasn't anything new or different from usual, but it was surely something that was keeping her from experimenting and thus impeding her growth as a chef.

She pouted, annoyed, making a mental note abaut talking to her grandpa about not wanting to be bothered for the moment.

She tried to relax, listening to the sound of the falling water in the garden nearby, and trying to get a bit more comfortable on the cushion she was currently kneeling on. It didn't work that well.

 

 

The first examinee was a short boy, probably two years younger than her, and as he opened the sliding door to enter, he already looked very nervous.

Erina watched him with her usual cold dignified and haughty glare all the while he closed the door, approached slowly, placed the dish he just cooked on the low table in front of her, and kneeled on a cushion similar to the one Erina was using, on the opposite side of her.

Then he lowered his head, obviously feeling the pressure of her silence and her violet eyes, and murmured: "G-Good morning..."

Erina answered immediately in a stern tone, making him flinch "Good morning to you. I hope this is not going to be a waste of my time as always. So, what did you bring to me?" 

The poor boy was having a hard time responding "I-I...  This is... I mean..." so Erina sighed, and said "Relax, it's not like i'm going to eat you", without softening the tone however.

She didn't say it on purpose, it's a pretty common phrase to say in these situations, but the thought made her lick her lips and a corner of her mouth curved up in a smirk for just a second, but then immediately resumed her composure. He didn't notice of course, as he was too busy staring holes into his own knees.

 

He answered "Y-Yes of course, it's a french dish i tried to modify a-and add my own t-touch to it..." and then fell silent, too scared to add anything else.

 

She looked at him for a second, then thought "Well whatever, it's not like i'm judging his talking skills. Let's get this over with"

"Very well. Thanks for the food" she said, with no anticipation in her voice whatsoever, and took the plate in front of her along with her fork.

Erina scooped up a mouthful from the surprisingly elaborated composition that was her meal, and tasted it, closing her eyes.

Not bad, a bit rough around the edges, some ingredients needed a more precise handling, but the idea behind it was pretty original and it worked well in its entirety. 
In short, it had potential.

She opened her eyes, noticing the younger boy was getting redder by the second. She didn't dislike the feeling of power she was getting from this, so she decided to have a bit of fun.

After having swallowed the mouthful, she slowly put down her fork, looked intensely at the boy (which seemed to sense her gaze because he winched, even if he had closed his eyes shut) and said slowly "That's enough. This dish you have brought me is positively, absolutely, DISGUSTING" 

 

The boy, in surprise looked at her with eyes full of horror, and started to tremble visibly.
He was fully aware of what happened to the ones that the God's Tongue judged without talent: their reputation would be stained forever and their social standing in the culinary world would drop significantly. In other words, a complete catastrophe for both the chef and the family that supported him.

Erina was a bit surprised as well, she didn't mean to be THIS harsh. Well, comparatively to her newest discovery, the dish was definitely disappointing, but still. "Too late to back out now, i guess" she thought, enjoying it more than she anticipated.

Then, she started to list the entirety of the errors he had made, which all in all weren't many since most of the dishes she deemed acceptable had no less than 25 imperfections, but she enjoyed the look of terror that was twisting the face of the poor boy.

During the verbal torment, she stood up, and as she talked she raised her voice more and more until she was basically snarling. When she was finished, she was standing at his side, her hands on her hips and looking down on him as he whimpered and held his head, trembling. Oh yes, she was definitely getting turned on.

"I-I'm sorry Erina-sam..." He started but was immediately cut short by her "You're sorry of WHAT, exactly? The fact that you have brought an inadequate dish that disrespected to this degree the God's Tongue? Or that you're wasting my time? Or maybe you're sorry you were even born?" she lashed out, getting into it more and more.

"I-I'm sorry..." he whimpered, overwhelmed and not sure about what to respond. He kept facing the ground, his hands still wrapped around his head, his eyes closed shut, until he felt something grab him by the collar, and was yanked up.

 

Erina was by no means a strong girl, but she made no effort to raise the boy to face her, as he was much shorter and skinnier than her. He felt the strength in her grip overwhelming for his middle-school frame, as she was easily manhandling him. Then she shouted "Face me when i'm talking to you, worm!" so he opened his eyes.

 

 

He was facing her alright. He was at eye-level with her ample chest, within inches from her beautiful face. She looked definitely angry, but there was a hint of redness that was kinda out of place, almost as if she was... aroused.

The thought, if possible, made him even more scared.

 

Then her features softened for a second "I know what you're thinking. You know that any chef that was deemed unadequate by me was definitely met by ruin sooner or later. Your family, or your company, or whatever, are going to fail and disappear to nothingness." As she talked, she got even nearer to his face, her breath getting a bit heavier. 

Usually having a bombshell in kissing distance would have completely made the boy's day but now he was nothing but terrified, as he struggled to escape her iron grip.

"Unless... you do something for me. Then i might think about it..."

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

 

Alright guyz i would gladly finish it now but apparently two chapters in a row are a bit too much for me, but i'll get this done as soon as possible.
Cya