- Text Size +

News about a huge, naked woman spread quickly. People saw how she walked over the highway, carelessly stepping on cars, squeezing their frames to thin plates under her huge feet. The sharp and pointed metal didn't seem to hurt or even bother her, nor did that van that hit her ankle with full speed. The giantess only shuddered briefly from the impact before looking down at the demolished vehicle. She bent over, lifted it up, examined it with a glassy look before dropping it and continuing her walk, uncaring.


In the laboratory the crew of Dr. Tylicki looked at the news reports with amazement. They had recognized Ela, and had summoned the director. Her growth was quickly explained, being triggered by radioactivity, but why, he wondered, did she act so careless? For it was clear the 200 feet tall woman wasn't crushing cars for fun or out of malice. Dr. Tylicki explained.


"It is a side effect fo her growth. You see, her brain has grown as well. But instead of making new brain cells, the existing cells just swell. Brain cells cannot multiply, hence. This means that the amount of brain tissue remains the same. Now, this wouldn't be much of a problem, but the bigger her brain gets, the greater the distance between the separate neurons becomes. And that in turn means the communication between them slows down. The electrochemical impulses that our thoughts in essence are need a longer time to travel in her now giant brain. In other words, the more she grows, the, well, dumber she gets. Up to the point were she cannot think rationally like a human anymore. The fMRI-Scan showed a slight decrease in communications between her neurons. Very little, but then she stood 6'10, not 200 feet, as is her height now, according to the news.  "


"And what will happen if she grows even further?" the director asked.


"Then her natural instincts will take over. Now, at 200 feet, she has the rationality of a severe drunk, or someone on tranquilizing drugs. If she grows further, she will be no more than an animal, speaking in terms of thought."


"So there is little chance of reasoning with her now?"


"No. You know what they say. Don't try to argue with a drunk. We can say, don't argue with a giantess."


Ela, in the meantime, walked aimlessly around, vaguely realizing the tiny objects at her feet were real cars. They seemed as big as big toy cars compared to her, and stepping on them made them crush nicely. Occasionally, she caught a fleeing person under her feet, giving her the familiar sensation of soft flesh bursting and bones crunching.


She crushed car after car, most of them empty because their drivers had fled. Then she got tired of this and turned towards the small row of houses, a village of commuters belonging to New York City. Without care or emotion, her huge foot crushed a lone house standing at the edge of the village, destroying its masonry as if made of thin plaster. With a loud crush its roof yielded to the vast weight of her body, smoke burst from its crumbling walls, windows shattered. 


The 200 feet tall Ela looked with a glassy look at the landscape at her feet. Small toy-like houses, green blobs of green that were the crowns of trees, streets seemed like black ribbons, dotted with colorful cars that resembled multi-colored bricks. The people ran away from the gigantic, naked woman, like startled mice. Ela was only vaguely aware of it. She saw houses, knew that it were houses, but didn't seem to grasp that they should be far bigger. Not knowing why, she picked another house and lifted one of her huge feet above its roof. Almost instantaneous the doors flung open and the family living there ran outside, screaming. Not too soon. 


The huge foot of Ela broke through the roof as she trod down, cracking it open like an eggshell. The walls crumbled, white dust and pieces of concrete rained over the garden, covering the area as well as Ela's foot with a layer of whitish powder.

Windows shattered, wood splintered. The furniture inside was destroyed under the huge foot, cupboards, electronic devices, wardrobes and beds, it all crunched like rotten wood. The thick sole of the giant girl seemed impenetrable, as it was not pierced by sharp wood, stone or metal.


Ela saw the family standing at a safe (?) distance. Dimly thinking, she picked another house and stepped on it too with similar result. But no one had emerged from it.
"Some houses have people coming out, others do not," the giantess thought. Ela tried again. This time she trod on a larger house, which also collapsed under her weight, but only partially. So the giantess swiped her foot left and right, knocking the standing walls down doing so. They broke like dried cookies as the side of her gigantic foot struck them harder than any wrecking ball ever could.


A bulldozer is an impressive machine. Solid metal, though wheels, heavy and seemingly unstoppable. Armored, sturdy. One of these stood on the side of the road, abandoned, as was the place where it had been used for work. Then the gigantic foot of a woman, delicately looking but huge, stepped on it. Immediately the metal was squeezed together as if the solid bulldozer was made of wet clay. With a sickly shriek, it compressed helplessly under the vast weight of the giantess, whose sole had landed straight on it. The bulldozer didn't even slow her descending foot one split second, it could offer no resistance at all. Such was her power.


It was like a dream for Ela. She vaguely recognized the structures at her feet as houses. She saw tiny trees and how tinier people running away from her, heard their tiny screams. But she wasn't aware it was abnormal or wrong what she was doing.


Placing a foot on the houses made them crush. Placing her foot on the people made them die. She thought that, but didn't realize what it meant to the people. Empathy had been eliminated already, as her brain was too big and slow to be able to grasp that. So she kept walking and crushing houses under her huge feet and stepping on people, killing them instantaneous under her enormous weight without being aware to the damage she did.


Crash! Her toes slid along the walls of another house, crumbling them merciless. Even these relatively small appendages of her body were like wrecking balls, tearing and crushing solid matter like nothing.


Another car was turned into a thin plate by her next step, then her foot broke a large decorative boulder as if made of thin ice. Nothing seemed to be able to resist the countless tons of giantess as she stepped on buildings, cars, trees and people alike.


Fleeing was futile, as her steps spanned 150 feet, easily taking over the fastest runners. The villagers were killed by the dozens, as Ela simply walked in the fleeing groups of screaming, panicking people. All while she herself didn't think rationally or feel anything. She just did. Crushing, killing, flattening.


Her rampaging through the village had brought her vast frame slowly but surely to the building with the large chimneys. They emitted large clouds of white smoke, a sight that caught the dim giantess' attention. Much to the relieve of the people on the village, the 200 feet tall woman abandoned her "game" (as they thought) of stepping on houses, cars and people and went to the building. But if they knew about the cause of her growth, they wouldn't be relieved at all seeing her approach that particular building.


It was a nuclear plant.