- Text Size +

The 200 feet tall giantess walked towards the plant. Impressive as it was, however, compared to the giantess it seemed more a model. She gazed down on it for a few second before her sluggish brain decided to demolish it. 


The large foot of Ela seemed to move in slow motion as she lifted it, dirt and parts of crushed buildings raining from its dirty sole. It hovered for a split second over the nuclear plant before it came crashing down. Unstoppable her huge foot ploughed through the concrete walls, cracking them open as if made of grayish, thin glass. Her gigantic foot demolished everything inside, the lamps, steel platforms, machinery...
...and the reactor with the radioactive uranium.


The reactor was made of sturdy materials, partly to keep the radioactivity from getting out and partly to withstand damage from outside. But no matter how thick, how sturdy it was, it couldn't withstand the vast weight of Ela, whose foot cracked it open like an eggshell. The load of uranium, still hot from being used to heat water for generating electricity, spilled out and came in contact with the outside world.

Even under the huge layer of debris the tiny neutrons that radioactive radiation consists of, travelled with ease in every direction, including that of Ela. Unknowingly, the giantess was bombarded with a load of radiation. And the effect was predictable.

She began growing again.


Ela expanded with tremendous speed. Her already huge body shot up, like a balloon inflating quickly. Higher and higher her head rose in the sky, it didn't take long before it broke through the cloud layer. Her shoulders widened, her legs stretched, but the worst (for New York) were her feet. They too grew, but unlike the rest of her body, her feet -naturally- remained on the ground, covering more and more of it. Too bad they also expanded in the direction of New York itself.


The people there first saw Ela's head rise above the roofs of the skyscrapers. For a moment, it seemed like a hot air balloon in the shape of a woman's face flying over the city, but then it was all too obvious it was a real human being. For hot air balloons don't have necks. Or shoulders.


They too rose above the skyscrapers, like two flesh-colored mountains. A torso followed. As her head pierced the clouds, people saw it becoming blurry, as if surrounded by fog, and then disappear in the whitish mass above their heads. For half a minute it seemed the giantess was headless, but she kept expanding more and more, and soon her neck was gone as well. Seemingly. Her shoulders were swallowed soon after, then her breasts. But by that time, those living in the outskirts of the city had turned their attention towards another body part of her. 


Oddly, her once dirty and ugly feet were quite cute now, as far as one can call feet that can entirely cover a small city "cute". But the new cells her body made so rapidly were young and untarnished, so her nails were smooth and shiny, her skin like that of an infant's and the smell was gone too, since the sweat-odor producing microbes couldn't multiply as swiftly as her cells. But all that was of little concern to the inhabitants of New York, as the gigantic toes touched the first buildings at the brim of the city, making them collapse instantaneous. 


CRUSH! RUMBLE! The buildings fell apart, cracking open and smoking. Dust obscured the huge toes of the giantess, who did nothing but standing and growing.

Or did she?


Ela's growth had halted as all of the uranium's radioactivity had been absorbed by the substance, just as her toes had bumped against the first row of skyscrapers. She now stood 20 miles tall!


Her brain had become so vast, the neurons had trouble communicating with each other. Her IQ had dropped below that of a human being, Ela's mental capacity was more like that of an animal now. 


The little skyscrapers that still stood barely reached her ankles, the other buildings were too tiny to even top her pinky toes. But Ela didn't realize. She saw the city and its buildings as a grey mass, like a patch of grass. She simply began walking over it. Countless buildings, streets and all of Central Park was stepped on bu her first stride.

Ela walked further, destroying New York. Her gigantic feet covered entire areas of the city. They were so gargantuan that even the Empire State building was little more than a small twig compared to them, and despite the buildings' fame, it was crushed among others as if it was totally insignificant. The shock waves of Ela's footsteps as well as the air replacements caused storms, which blew the Statue of Liberty away like a feather. It shattered and rained in the ocean.


Ela didn't realize it. Her sense of self-awareness and empathy for others and gone completely. Nor did she grasp anymore she was so gigantic, so huge that the largest metropolises were little more than patches of spiked grey to her.


The giga-giantess gazed at the ocean, sniffed its briny air, and turned inland, unintentionally starting the most devastating rampage the planet had even witnessed.