- Text Size +
"I think I know what's happening here"
The two girls looked at me with curious eyes, Skyla's face made it clear that she was thinking that I was just bluffing, she crossed her arms and by looking at me, she said.
"Let's hear what you thought, detective!"
"We know for a fact that our murderer has a very peculiar ways of carrying their crimes, after they kill their victims they dispose of their bodies, leaving behind nothing but only a small trace of blood...how wierd but what if, I have an explanation for that!"
Skyla didn't budge an inch, nothing of what I was saying didn't interest her a bit.
"The killer before committing their homicides shrinks the poor victims down to the size of a few inches, like that it would be very easy to dispose of the small corpses!"
Shock filled the faces of my listenersl before Skyla bursted out into a loud laughter.
"Detective, did you go mad!?You know what you are saying is impossible!"
"Yes, it may be impossible...for someone belonging to our world...but what if this wasn't the exact case?!"
"What...do you mean!?" Skyla resumed her composure, looks like I was able to stimulate her curiosity again..
"We have heard throughout history about people who appeared out of nowhere, like they belonged from another time or..another world...who knows maybe that's the type of killer we are dealing with!"
"Hahah, how foolish! There are no scientific evidences that prove those things to be real..but let's keep playing your silly game, let's pretend that our murderer came from another world, and they have the power of shrinking, what would be their motive for killing those people?"
"To me that's pretty clear, our murder is indeed a very important and powerful person, thanks to their " gift" they were able to build a fame around their persona, but what if someone could have a way of finding their secret....let me explain, the way which I got my hands on all this informations is because I had visions about them...at the begging not even I believed them, but the more I had, the more I started to understand they were real..and that got me thinking, what if I am not the only person who can have them.."
"That's all bullshit, and even if that was real how could our killer know about the shit that goes through someone's mind!"
"There is...a way!"
"What!?"
"Let's think about our first victim, Carl, and now let's suppose he had visions like me, it is highly likely that he may have told one of them to her sister, Kris, and at the same time she must have told to her best friend's Serena about it too"
"So you are accusing her to be the culprit, don't be..."
"No, I am not, Serena isn't the one who commited the murders, but she may have somehow accidentally revealed our killer that information, miss, do you know where she works?"
"In a clothes's shop, not too far from where I live"
"Yes, exactly, maybe Serena told about Kris's giantess story to one of her coworkers, and our killer happened to be at the right place at the right time and you know why, because you are the murderer!"
"Haha, Hahaha, that was a very funny story detective but it is clear it is completely made up, now I won't listen to your nonsenses any longer, if you want to prove a point just bring an evidence!"
"I can!"
"What!?"
"But before I do, let's go back and summarise all the things that happened so far, with the new informations we got our hands on.
Skyla, once she eavesdropped about Serena's curious story, she knew that was everything but a lie, and thanks to her position, it was easy for her to do some researches and found out who the source of those weird stories was...That's when you tracked Carl and got rid of him, now you took out the guy of the visions, but you still had to take care of the ones who, indirectly, knew about that, and what better way to frame them of a murder, it didn't even need to make sense, after all they were two kids with no experience who were after Carl's money.
Frame them must have been very easy for you:

You convinced Serena's ex boyfriend to enter inside Kris's room, where you killed him then you did the same thing with that cop in Serena's house...there was no escape for them now, the place those murders took place were solemn evidences that they had no way to prove wrong...
Your perfect plan was complete but then you find out there was another obstacle in your way:
A second person, the detective who was on the case, to your eyes appeared suspicious of having the same visions too, you had no time to make sure, you would have to just get rid of him and find another scapegoat, and what best person than the detective's assistant, after all she must have just found out from Kris her secret, and in need of some money she decided to take part in their twisted plan too, but right now she needed to help her accomplices that soon appeared to her, they would have been accused of everything.
Simple for her, first she would need to cast away all suspicions out of Serena and Kris, and what best way to do that than killing the cops during her questioning...Serena wouldn't have be seen as a murder anymore, maybe just as a simple accomplice while Kris instead just as the unlucky girl who they were trying to frame, and then she would have been arrested and brought to the detention centre.
But that was just what she wanted, she knew that I,worried for her, would have come to visit her here, so she would have needjust to kill me, get the attentions of the guards, shrink and squash them too and escape by stealing the guards's key, and in the end we would have no culprit for this case, two were proven not guilty, while one escaped with no way to be found
A perfect plot that you were trying to fabricate Skyla:
You killed the guards during Serena's questioning, so you could cast all suspicious on Victoria then once she was brought to the detention center, you killed the guards at the entrance then you came to me, knowing that I would have gone to visit her..That's when you will free her and force her to kill me, the other guards would have come at the very same moment to witness that, so there was no way for her to escape your fabrication, you just needed to make everything look like it was part of some stupid plan"
"Mhmh, what a curious story, detective but once again you failed to prove your point!"
"I don't need it, why should I do that, after all even if I do I will have no way of stopping you right now"
She started to laugh, looking at my direction.
"Very good, detective, you are quite smart indeed and, yes, you are completely right, it's all like you said!"
She snapped her fingers, I felt a weird energy going through my body, when suddenly the world around me started to grow, I had seen this scene enough times to know I was shrinking..
With a huge smirk printed on her face, from under her skirt she took out a key and unlocked Victoria's cell.
"I suppose you heard your friend, right, it is just how he said, I need you to kill him!"

"Hahaha, oh Skyla, you thought about everything but your forgot about one thing!" "What are you saying?!"
"If like you said my story is true, right now outside...there are your subordinates listening!"
I said before I could become too tiny to be heard.
She started to shake, sweat fell down her forehead when she turned toward the door.
A group of men was outside, listening to my story the whole time.
"You were just trying to buy time?!"
I smirked, now barely the size of an ant, yes that has been my aim all along, distracting you with a confusing story so you would forget about everything.
She started to stomp down my way, with the intent to get rid of me, the ground shook beneath my feet, but luckily her aim was shit so I dodged each of her stomps before, two men rushed at her, pinning the blonde to the ground.
"Leave me alone, leave me alone, I will shrink you all!"
She was trying to snap her fingers once again, but once everyone had saw that trick, it was clear it wouldn't have worked a second time, those cops were quick to stop her hands, while another one came with a few ropes, to tie up her hands.Once done, they picked her up and started to drag her away.
"I can't believe that this is all true.." Victoria, after she had absorbed my speech, she stood up and came my way.
"Well, but now how do we fix you?" She crouched down, rubbing her chin, still a bit confused about the whole thing.
"Well, I dont know, but for now we should just enjoy our victory!"
"Yes, that's right, then I don't mind you small like this!"
"What the f-?!" Before I could complete my sentence, she picked me up, warping her fingers around me..
Pinned in that soft prison, I looked up at her grin as she started to walk away.
I hope that now that I solved the hardest case that I have came across so far, I wouldn't find myself involved in something even worse.