- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Not much going on in this chapter, just a few setup for later.

Dimly lit place, neon flickers in random, shadiness fills up the air. Lots of racks hanging on the wall with some sort of containers in it.

“Alright, make sure nobody follows you,”

Jessie hangs up the cellphone. The Brobdingnagian girl walks back into her work desk filled with many glass domes, filled up with parts of Lilliputian cities inside. The hoodie-wearing girl picks up one of the containers from the rack, filled with several humans inside it.

Opening the lid, there are five humans screaming in terror witnessing their giant captor. How gullible, Jessie thought, answering a shady job opening on the web, like a lamb to their slaughter. Well, time for short examination before selling them as Brobdingnagian playthings. Picking one up between her thumb and index finger, Jessie examined the captured human. About middle-aged, bald, skinny, Jessie thought nobody would buy him, simply not that attractive. With that, Jessie brought her fingers together, casually smushing the human into nothing but red paste, causing everyone in the plastic container to scream in terror witnessing such cruelty.

Jessie delicately picked another subject. A tiny girl, how cute, about young adult in her office clothing, still good looking even. Bringing her into the sink, Jessie nonchalantly ripped her whole clothing, leaving the tiny girl naked as Jessie grabbed a small sprayer and giving the tiny human girl a short burst of water before putting her inside another container filled with clean naked humans, ready to be sold.

A bell rings near the door. Two humans entered the tiny door leading to the table where Jessie work.

“Tess? Michelle? Long time no see,” Jessie turn her head toward the entrance area, seeing the two tiny humans on the table walking towards her. “So what’s this all about?”

“Get your earpiece ready, I’ve got a Lilli in me,” said Tess.

“Man, this place never fails to give me the creeps…” Michelle felt uncomfortable looking at the rack full of human prisoners in them. “Hurry up about your thing, Nina. I don’t want to stay here too long,”

“Hey, so you’re Jessie, right? I’m Nina, I’m a Lilliputian, here in Tess’ pocket,”

“Alright, Nina. You know this is a black market, right? What brings you here?”

“Lemme just say… I got a request, and I’d pay you for it,”

“A request?” Jessie seems intrigued as she pulled up a chair and sit down. “Interesting… tell me about it,”

***

Later that night, Sector 7…

Ellis and Sam just playing video games inside Ellis’ dorm room, having fun before the start of the new term after the summer holiday.

“Life’s good, eh?” Sam asked.

“Yeah,”

“You wanna join that slumber party next week?”

“Don’t know yet… seems dangerous. Kylie hasn’t said anything about it,”

“Well, Rose and I definitely goin’,”

“Yeah, there’s no doubt about you, at all,” Ellis just laughed. “We’ll see, maybe Kylie wanted to go as well. I’ll try ask her tomorrow after the class,”

Suddenly, lights out in their room, turning everything into darkness and silence. But the silence soon breaks as shouts and panic voices can be heard from outside the window.

“Looks like it’s not just us, total blackout right here,” Sam peek through the window, seeing not one light is on throughout Sector 7 while many of the Lilliputian citizens flooded the streets in confusion. “Man, this sucks…”

Slight tremor reverberates throughout the area, Ellis and Sam already knows what it is.

“No way…”

Both guys running to the roof only to notice a massive figure attempt to climb the fence, a similar sight when Holly and Bianca paid a visit to this Lilliputian area as well. Like a scene out of a nightmare, the Brobdingnagian wears a black hoodie and short black jeans complete with a black mask covered her face. What’s her intention? Without even any regard for Lilliputian lives below her, the mysterious figure jumps and landed on the other sector, letting her boots crushing any unfortunate buildings and peoples beneath it. Heavy earthquake sends everyone tumbles to the ground including Ellis and Sam.

“There’s Sector 7, must be it,”

Bending down, the Brobdingnagian girl put down some sort of small device on the ground, right in the middle part of Sector 7. Before anyone could even wonder what’s the device for, it spits out some yellow-ish gas all over Sector 7.

Ellis and Sam didn’t even had any time to react, their attempt to escape the area quickly thwarted as the gas engulfed their whole area. Their muscles gone limp, their consciousness fades away before everything goes black…

***

“Wha…”

Fuzzy, blurry, confused, Ellis still struggle to regain his vision. Slowly, her sight returned, only to be welcomed with his own familiar dorm room. All the furniture left untidy, must be from the last earthquake. Is he once again lucky? Does the Brobdingnagian left him and Sam from her rampage? Just to add more question in his confused state, someone entered his room.

“Hi Ellis,”

A long black-haired girl… Nina? What is she doing here?

“Nina? Hey… wait, how did you get here? How did you know my address?”

“Someone told me, that’s all,” still in her school uniform, Nina approached Ellis still laying down weak in bed. “But now there’s only two of us, ain’t it?”

“Um… yeah?” Ellis still trying to gather all of his thoughts. There was a Brobdingnagian invading this zone, taking out everyone with sleeping gas, now Nina just appeared in his room like nothing happened, acting a little bit sultry all of a sudden towards him. Ellis started to wonder if he’s still dreaming, or is he already dead? What kind of wacky wonderland he got transported into?

“What’s wrong? You look confused,” Nina made some tea on the counter. Ellis noticed a hint of malicious smile on Nina in split second.

“What’s going on here? The whole town was invaded and suddenly you’re here…”

“That’s rude, you know,” Nina brought two cups of tea near Ellis’ bed. “I’m here for you, and that’s how you react?”

“No, it’s not that…” Ellis tried not to offend Nina despite all the confusion.

“Ellis! Ellis! Hey!” Sam’s voice could be heard as he knocks the door loudly. “You there, man?”

“Sam?”

“Darn it…” Nina whispered to herself.

“Ellis!” Sam barges in through the front door. “Oh thank god you’re here… and who are you?”

“I don’t think I need to introduce myself to you,” Nina uses her earpiece. “Hey, help me here, someone is intruding our good time,”

“Huh?” Sam seems confused.

CRASH

Suddenly, the wall breaks. A huge brown iris peek through the room like a dollhouse.

“WHAT THE FUCK!?” Ellis clearly didn’t expect all of this today; from the sleeping gas to a giant human girl invades his dorm.

“Ooooh it’s him, he’s finally awake, huh?” the giant girl spoke. “I’ll borrow him, if its alright with you, Nina,”

“Be my guest, Tess,” Nina just nodded and smile toward the peeking giant girl.

“T-Tess!?” Sam remember that voice: the mean construction lady who constantly bullies Rose a few weeks ago. Before Sam could react further, a set of giant thumb and index finger grabbed Sam and puling him out from the dorm, out of Ellis’ view. “Ellis! H-Help..!”

“SAM!” in instinct, Ellis quickly ran out his room, dashing through the stairs into the outside, only to realize no one else but him in Sector 7… with Tess stood tall near his dorm, Sam squeezed tight in her right hand. Looking up, Ells also noticed something strange in the sky; instead of the usual blue sky, it’s some kind of a glass surface with a white neon light far above it. Witnessing the entire bizarre situation, Ellis dropped to his knees, didn’t even know what to think anymore. Nina approaches Ellis, trying to calm him down.

“Nina… what the hell is going on here?”

“Well, instead of talking to you about it, I’ll just show you this, okay?” Nina activates her earpiece once again. ”Hey Jessie, show yourself,”

As if the situation didn’t drive Ellis insane already, a giant face looms the sky. A Brobdingnagian girl, no doubt, casting the whole Sector 7 in shadow, just smiling to all the microscopic people beneath her.

“Ellis, meet Jessie, the one who escort the whole town just for the two of us,”

“Hey there! I can’t see you all down there, but I can see Tess there. Hi Tess!” Jessie just waves her hand on the city inside the glass dome beneath her, placed nicely on her work desk. “Have fun inside there, alright?”

Now almost everything is clear for Ellis; the invading mysterious figure, the sleeping gas, the empty city… what is Nina’s intention though?

“Now that we’ve got this entire city just for us, let’s have fun a little, shall we?” Nina just smiled while dragging Ellis for a walk together…