- Text Size +

09.00 AM

The bell rang.

Ellis already on his seat, ready to start another day as the Lilliputian student of Clover High.

But something isn’t right…

Looking around, Ellis saw Nina beside his own seat. But on the other hand, there are many empty seats, about one fourth of students didn’t attend. Ellis could only wonder the last night ‘massive event’ had something to do with it...

50% of the Clover High Downtown are now craters, some are footprint-shaped crater, broke through hundreds of feet deep, filled with building debris and flattened Lilliputians. Ellis would never forget that, since all the TV in his dorm broadcasting that breaking news without stopping, showing the sights of the aftermath of the mischievousness between the two Brobdingnagian girls.

“So you’re still alive,”

Recognizing the voice, Ellis only need to rotate his head 90 degrees to the left to see Nina, resting her head on her left arm, lazily asking the mundane question.

“Sector 7 got lucky, I guess,” Ellis replied.

“Not them,” Nina points at all the empty seats around her.

“Does this thing happened frequently?”

“Not really… but you couldn’t take a wild guess about that,”

“Yeah, you’re right…”

***

Carla’s office.

Air of uneasiness filled the room, no sound except the scratching noise from Carla’s pen writing down on paper, still juggling words in her mind as Holly and Bianca sat in front of her desk, looking tense as their minds anticipating the worst case scenario after their mass genocide last night.

“You two… don’t even think I don’t know both of you, your reputations are already well known around here, famous or infamous,”

Cold sweats, clenched fists, shivers ran down both Holly and Bianca as soon as Carla’s word hit them like a lightning. They know what they did last night is clearly a violation in size difference law, letting both of their euphoria took over their whole minds at the cost of million lives lost by either carelessly trampled or smothered into nothing underneath their humongous form. Even if it’s not the first time they does just that, it’s never been easy if you got caught in the act.

“Tell me, including last night, how many cities? Holly?”

Holly’s eyes widened a little. That’s a direct question right there, right in the middle.

“Um…” still with her clenched hands on her lap, Holly look down, trying to muster up any courage inside her while forcing herself to be honest about it. “T-Ten,”

Carla only tilts her head slightly to her side, seemingly unfazed by the direct answer. “And… how many times you got caught, including this?”

“Three…”

“Look… I have to teach in a few minutes, so let me make this quick,” Carla just sighed. “I hope you understand that this shouldn’t be repeated, alright? It’s only been weeks, and I couldn’t believe something like this happened so soon. If you’re not my students, I already sent you to court right now, no question asked. But, I’m already tired enough with my job as a teacher, so I got something else in my mind for your punishment,”

Holly and Bianca once again a bit surprised by the turn of events. Bianca quickly raised her right hand.

“Yes, Bianca?”

“No court, really? Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for that, but… I’m kind of surprised by that decision,”

“Okay, that’s a very good question… let’s change the tone now,” Carla leans back on her chair. “Now, I’ll be talking to you as a fellow Brobdingnagian, not as your homeroom teacher. Got it?”

Holly and Bianca couldn’t catch the whole thing yet, but nodded anyway.

“Like me, you’re also a brobby, and I know we’re the biggest thing in this world. I won’t lie to you, us ladies sometimes wanted to do just that, asserting dominance and playing monster on all that tinies, am I right?”

The two girls surprised by the change of tone from their homeroom teacher.

“Ask any brobby girls around, and 90% their answer would be the same; ‘yeah, of course I did that rampaging thing’, at least once, be it on human city or any Lilliput city. Now, the most important part is, make sure no one sees you doing it, I understand that the law is pretty weak about it since they’re already given up on this kind of thing by the looks of it. But that doesn’t mean we could freely terrorizes those tinies, some brobby still had hearts to those tinies, so… you know how to do it, alright?”

Once again, Holly and Bianca could only nod.

“SO, back to the matter at hand.” Carla clapped her hands. “If you didn’t want this thing goes to the court, you need to do this,”

Opening up the drawer beneath her desk, Carla took out something and placed it on the table right in front of Holly and Bianca. It looks like a snowglobe, yet there’s nothing on it but a grey surface.

“Wait a second…” Holly leans forward, looking at the thing closer, hovering her face right on top of it. “Is this…!?”

***

Oh, it’s morning already?

9.15 AM

Dammit, I’m late!

John quickly leaves his bed, picking up his shirt and pants ready for work. Looking at the window, the sky is still dark, lights scattered around the downtown area.

Still inside…

Finished wearing his tie, John picked up his briefcase and leaves the apartment room.

The sky is pitch black, whole downtown still had the streetlights turned on, buildings are glowing like it’s still night.

How long we’ve been here?

I’ll never forget that day.

Being harvested like we’re some plants or something.

Suddenly, light tremor shook the entire city, snapping John out from his own thought.

Movement.

Does that mean…

Bright lights filled the whole sky, blinding everyone present in the city while the tremor grew even more intense as everyone holding on into the ground. The sky changed, no longer all black yet replaced with something that would took the Lilliputians some time to comprehend. Thanks to the lights, the glass dome is finally noticeable once again, complete with the sights of wooden cupboard, wooden table, and… three unknown girls, all bigger than their whole city. Once things got calmed down, everyone slowly gets up while John looks around the sky, noticing that his city now is on top of a desk inside a room.

Whoa.

World of Brobdingnagian.

Before John could react more, something moves fast right atop of the dome, like thunder pierces the sky it quickly replaces with a gigantic face belongs to a Brobdingnagian girl. Her massive eyes curiously trying to make out what’s inside the hand-sized glass dome. Fogs formed on the outer parts of the glass as she breathes in excitement once she found out what’s inside it.

***

“That’s right, Holly,” Carla folds her arms under her chest. “A lilli city,”

“It’s an expensive thing in black market, isn’t it though?” Bianca asked.

“I got connections,”

“Oh…”

“Then… what’s this all about?” Holly still curiously peek through the small glass dome.

“Afterschool, come back to me, I’ll give each of you one of these,” hearing Carla’s words, Holly and Bianca just surprised, couldn’t believe that they would have one of these Lilliputian city. “AND… a week later, come back here with the city still intact,”

“WHAT!?” both students seemingly shocked by Carla’s order.

“Should be easy enough, right? Besides, you don’t need to take care of ‘em, they could live by themselves inside it,” Carla just chuckles seeing the reaction of both girls while imagining all the hilarious scenario when they took hold of their own cities. “So that’s the deal, succeed in your attempt to keep the city in mint condition, you’re free from this trouble. However, if I see even as far as a fingertip level of damage in that city, then… serve your sentence, I’m afraid,”

Holly and Bianca still tried to process everything about the punishment that they had to partake for the whole week, couldn’t even thought about how to left it untouched as they’re already too much getting used to destroy things.

“Well, off you go, back to your class,” Carla waves her hand away. “Come back here later,”

Both girls stood up, walk away with many things crossed in their heads about everything related to the soon-to-be-owned tiny city.

“Uh…” Bianca turns around. “Miss Carla, have you… done it yourself? That rampaging thing?”

“Complete your punishment and then maybe I’ll tell you,”

Door opened, door closed, and Carla once again alone in her room. The teacher could only breathe a sigh of relief, knowing on more trouble can be resolved in a civil manner. Well, civil for Carla herself, at least.

Talk about trouble first thing in the morning…

Hope they succeed in that punishment, court paperwork would be too much for me…

Agh, that’s it! I need a break!

***

John, still wondering what’s going on between the girls outside the dome, now could only look at the lone looming presence of Carla, looking down at the tiny town below her, bored mood written all over her face. If giants bored, John already knows what usually comes next, he’s heard it too many times from his acquaintances, and if his suspicion confirms it, then…

CREAK

Huge fingers surrounded the dome from each sides, each gently pressing onto the glass, giving inhabitants inside the detailed view of her fingerprints. But it’s not the time to admire that, they already know what this means and no sooner than later the whole city got into panic. Everyone running around like headless chickens, some trying their chance inside the building while some others just had no directions to go but decided to run around anyway, hoping for the smallest of hope they would survive the oncoming predicament. Even John, who already heard this kind of stories countless times, still trembles when it comes to the real thing. He knows there’s no escape from this, nothing else to do than facing it head-on to the end. What could he do if he somehow could drop off this plate? Would he survives the world of Brobdingnagian outside his safety zone?

Before John could decide what to do, loud booming noise echoes throughout the city, shook everyone to the ground. Looking up, John saw a huge pillar pierces from the sky, which is revealed to be Carla’s index finger, landing right in the middle of the city, crushing few blocks of the downtown area. Dozens of buildings flattened into nothing under the well-pedicured finger, about thousand lost their lives in her whimsical show of power. 

Looks like it’s our turn now…

Shrugged, John just sat on the street, laying down on his back, facing straight into the sky where he could see the looming face if his owner. Jet black hair, pair of glasses, smiling mischievously yet still retaining her elegance presence as she smothered blocks of city with her finger, showing no remorse in her display of power. Carla maybe won’t be able to notice the microscopic John, yet she would made everyone understand that her presence would be the last thing they would remember before she ended their life in playful ways.

***

These tiny things… how did they survive us?

Hoping that it would ease her mind from boredom, Carla randomly pokes down right at the center of the plate, casually decimates around thousand Lilliputian lives and dozens of buildings in the process. For her, it always worked. Power trip is one of those things that would recover her mood whenever possible, and she’s always grateful for being able to acquire important connections in Brobdingnagian black market community specializes in ‘farming’ Lilliputians and humans for sale.

Ah, forgot to tell those two…

With her finger still planted firmly on the city, Carla slowly drags it to the side, bulldozing dozens more buildings alongside the helpless scurrying Lilliputians inside it. This alone already turns Carla on a little, if she had more time, maybe she could do this gently and savoring every moments she dominate this tiny city. But alas, the schedule tells her otherwise as she had to teach in just a few minutes, and she never wanted to left a tiny city that she owns only damaged. She either left it untouched or don’t left anything at all.

If they wanted to do this thing again some other time, make sure…

Carla stood up, still in her dark blue blazer and tight skirt complete with black stockings underneath, picking up her laptop bag, ready for her class. Looking back at the tiny city on her table, now partially damaged from her playful pokes, she had something in her mind before she leaves the room. Using her left hand, she lifts up her skirt, revealing her black tights covered butt for everyone in the city to see, giving them a sight to see before their impeding doom.

…to leave no witnesses, especially the smaller ones.

Slowly, ever so slowly, Carla lands her butt on the desk, until finally a tiny crunching sound could be heard as soon as her left buttcheek made contact. The whole city flattened in an instant alongside thousands of its inhabitants, no one survives the whimsical act of their owner, either flattened into nothingness under the soft cheeks or having their bodies splattered into microscopic stain on Carla’s tights. Stood back up, nothing left standing, only colors of brown and grey meshed together on a plate before Carla disposed it onto nearby trashcan.