- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A short chapter focused on the humans living in a world impacted by dangerous mermaids.


 


-------------------

Staring out the window in science class Grant thought simulation theory must be getting popular for the teacher to address it like this. The idea of being created via computer or really anything sounded more religious than scientific. Also despite TV reporter's making a big deal out of the surrounding scientific findings concerning this Grant hardly cared. To his relief however Mr. Yong changed the subject explaining Mermaid biology. Because this was a biology science class not physics after all.

In an even neutral tone Mr. Yong lectured, "Before our next test I want to be sure you know the basics on mermaids. We have gone over how their metabolism is quite fast and drives them to feed often. You all know they have two stomach's and a very dense long digestive tract. I hope you all remember they experience starvation after 6 hours without feeding and normally parish if they don't eat within three days. If you get this mixed up with human's that can go much longer without eating you will get this question wrong. One other simple question I have seen too many fail on is answering how quickly a mermaid can travel. Just because it's possible for them to swim in burst at 200 kilometers per hour doesn't mean they can go 100 miles in less than one hour. Realistic mermaid cruising speed is a quarter of this and 50 kilometers per hour is what will the test will use."

A guy then causally asked, "Sir, I know you went over this before, but if they are starving after 6 hours how does that work with being a day time hunter?"

Mr. Yong calmly answered, "Their biology goes dormant for 5 to 6 hours while asleep for the night allowing them to conserve enough energy to avoid becoming starved upon waking up the next day. That's not to say they won't feel very hungry waking up, but their bodies aren't going into survival mode and cannibalizing body fat to keep going. One more detail to remember is they do not belong to our universe and only having thousands of years in our oceans their evolution hasn't caught up yet. It's actually quite remarkable they managed to adapt and survive in the first place."

"Sir, I have a question." A female student asserted raising her hand.

"What kind of question Sandra?" Mr. Yong retorted

Sandra replied, "It's a stupid question, but why don't shrink devices work on mermaids?"

Chuckles brewed in the room along with plenty of laughter. Mr. Yong shrugged this childish behavior off to answer, "Please don't quote me on this since I'm a biology teacher, but shrinking requires a quantum trace and since mermaids are not from our universe it's not possible to get a lock on them. We can't adjust the beam to interact with their out of phase atoms since it would break the laws of physics. If leading government's did not develop this technology we never would have discovered mermaids were from a different universe and proven the multiverse to be real. It's just extremely unfortunate hackers leaked this very dangerous technological weapon to the general public and made it easy for advanced 3D printers to create home shrink devices. If this effort to shrink the mermaids had only worked co-existing together in peace would be much easier."

"Fuck this existing together horse shit!" A male student slamming his fist into the desk cried, "They aren't some cool animal to learn about! Mermaids eat us! They are fucking monster's!"

"Not in my classroom Frank!" Mr. Yong firmly replied, "Go to the principal's office."

Standing up Frank stormed out after he yelled, "Go burn in hell! Mermaids killed my sister motherfucker! And I just pray to God a mermaid kills your fucking wife and eats your bastard son!"

Getting back on topic was rough for a moment until Mr. Yong collected himself and directed the lesson once more. Class soon returned to a stale boring environment until the bell rang. Leaving class Grant thought nothing else of interest would occur until screams echoed in the hallway. It was coming from around the corner and once he dared peek terror froze him in place. There was a tiny person crushed into a red puddle by an ugly guy with a strange device in hand. The entire floor was covered in red blotches. It was a mass shrinking event. What to him was just some report popping up on TV now became his reality. Grant in panic of the bloodshed screamed for help impulsively.

Grant's friend Anna then shouted from behind him in confusion. Before she reached him however pain suddenly inflicted his worst nightmare upon him. Dazed Grant now looked up at his blurred towering friend before losing his footing and blacking out in shock.

Anna swiftly grabbed him and stuffed her tiny friend inside her bra. Then she bolted running like hell for the exit. Screams continued echoing throughout brick laid hallways as Anna fled away from the horrible scene. Scrambling for her keys Anna rushed toward her plain old crusty SUV in the parking lot. Other's shattered throughout the pavement wasteland also bumped into one another while scurrying to their own transportation.

To Anna's fright she then heard a loud scream. Turning around shocked her as one massive pickup truck bolted like a bat out of hell into the road across the grass while running over a person desperately trying to enter their car. The fear and chaos made Anna quite ill upon finally getting the key into the door. Entering her vehicle was only half the battle as frightened people ran around screaming in the parking lot. Following the lead of the truck Anna cut across the grass entering the road skidding tracks upon the pavement. Thankfully she managed the crossing without running someone over.

Awaking in darkness Grant felt hot and sticky. It reeked of thick sweat. Coughing he struggled against wet elastic fabric. Being trapped in this place oddly instilled a tiny sense of comfort while a fast thumping sound reverberated into his body. Feeling what this elastic kept him pinned down on Grant rubbed it with his finger's confused by this smooth wet mushy surface.

Miles away from the school now waiting at one red light swaying in the wind Anna felt movement. Giggling she realized it was Grant and plunged her long fingers between the mounds of her cleavage. Once she got him between her fingers Anna said, "Don't worry I'm taking you home."

"What the hell.......... happened?" Grant slurred half awake.

Looking forward seeing a green light Anna shoved her tiny friend back into her bra and then replied, "Sorry, I'll explain later."

Complaining about suddenly being stuffed back into her bra went unanswered. Grant just had to deal with being stuck between the breast of his smoking hot friend. A punishment made in heaven to some. Grant however wasn't having fun taking in sweat and oppressive heat from her body. Hearing the door open and slam he knew they were here. Yet inside the valley of her bouncy mountain's it seemed even more sweaty and hot than before. Pressed against her chest Grant could feel the heart was pumping even faster now than before. Then from below her stomach rumbled deeply.

Looking around the house Anna blushed for a moment. Then she double checked to ensure the front door was locked. No longer concerned of that she headed for Grant's bedroom. Smiling in relief while turning the door nob. Upon entering Anna hopped right onto Grant's bed just like she owned the place. Rolling onto her back Anna then finally pulled Grant out from the depth's of her perky breast.

Being dangled in front of Anna's cute face was breathtaking to Grant. Part of him was used to this with Maris, but having a cute human girl doing it placed a different flavor upon the experience. Anna was his best friend and now she was a giant just like mermaid were to him. Grant catching his breath then said, "Thank God it was you that saved me!"

Sliding her resting left arm over her leg Anna taking a deep breath swallowed clearing her throat before she replied, "Yeah, it's a crazy world out there and I'm like queen crazy."

"Can't argue with that since you saved me in the middle of a fucking mass shrinking." Grant laughed.

As her pupils dilated Anna replied, "Well there's no way I could let some angry computer nerd kill you just because he can't get laid."

"Are you okay?" Grant asked sensing his friend was acting strangely.

Placing him on her belly gently Anna said, "Hey Grant have you ever had a secret, like a really dark secret and feared it was a monster you can't control."

"No.......... why?" Grant responded puzzled by her question.

Flustered by her own thoughts Anna said, "Oh never mind it's nothing. Let's play a game instead."

Chapter End Notes:

------------------------

Oh what game could Anna have in mind? I’ve got no answer yet, but I’m sure it can’t be anything that bad right?