- Text Size +
“CASSIE, NO!” Nick squeaked desperately, pleading for his life. “PLEASE! DON’T SQUISH ME! EEK!”
Nick quickly dove backwards, barely dodging Cassie’s falling foot again.
“Stay still, you little bug!” Cassie commanded spitefully, lifting her foot again. “I WARNED you what would happen if you shrunk yourself again!”
Cassie was surprised her tiny husband could move so quickly to dodge her foot, but she was determined to NOT let him get away.
Nick, meanwhile, had somehow managed to avoid Cassie’s falling foot so far, but he couldn’t keep up the current pace forever. The last impact of her giant foot with the floor had left him stunned, and dangerously vulnerable. He scrambled to turn over and get to his feet one last time, but Cassie’s foot was too fast for him, casting its ominous shadow on the carpet all around him. The giant sole hit his back, knocking him down. Nick screamed for mercy as the huge foot impacted, pressing him hard into the floor.
“CASS—!”

With Nick firmly under her foot, Cassie stood for a moment without moving, staring intently at the floor. She could feel him squirming beneath her sole, struggling for freedom, but she felt no sympathy for the tiny man under her foot, nor did she have the empathy to care about what she was doing to her former husband. He was nothing but an insignificant, little bug now, and she was going to squash him!
Yet, something held her back, as if some unseen force was physically restraining her, keeping her from applying the extra OOMPH of pressure to actually crush him. The internal conflict was taking SO long, in fact, that Cassie was actually hoping that Nick had been beneath her foot long enough to suffocate, and make said conflict moot. His struggles had long since diminished, and now, Cassie only felt a motionless, half-inch mass beneath her sole.
Finally, after a few minutes had passed, Cassie lifted and inspected the bottom of her foot, half expecting to see a tiny red stain, or the lifeless remains of a bug-sized little man...
...To her surprise, there was nothing there.
For a split second, Cassie wondered if Nick had actually shrank away to nothing, and inspected her foot even more closely for his remains; then, she suddenly spotted his tiny figure tearing across the carpet in a mad dash towards the TV stand, no doubt trying to hide beneath it and out of her grasp.
“Oh no you don’t!” she exclaimed, quickly stepping forward and scooping him up between the big and second toes of her right foot.
“CASSIE, NO!” Nick squeaked in protest as the two giant toes clamped around his waist and lifted him up into the air. “PLEASE, LET ME GO!”
Cassie flipped her foot over, resting it on her thigh; then, she grabbed one of Nick‘s tiny, kicking legs between her fingers, plucking him from her toes, and brought him up in front of her face, leaving him dangling helplessly upside-down by his ankle.
“So,” Cassie harrumphed, shaking him slightly between her fingers, “you’ve shrunk yourself again, huh?!”
“Cassie, sweetheart, please,” Nick squeaked meekly, struggling to right himself. “You don’t understand…”
“I can’t believe you, Nick!” Cassie seethed, “What?! One night after not fucking for a whole month, and you can’t fucking CONTROL yourself?!”
“Cassie, please...” Nick squeaked, getting sick from her shaking him back and forth, “I can’t—”
“And just how long were you under my foot THIS time?! Huh?! ANSWER ME!”
“CASSIE, PLEASE!” Nick begged. “STOP SHAKING ME!”
“Wait a minute!” Cassie said, suddenly hearing the shower again. “If the shower’s still running, that means you shrunk while you were...So THAT’S why you didn’t answer me before, AND why the shower’s still running! Ugh, you little...”
Cassie was so mad she couldn’t finish her sentence, immediately turning and stomping towards the kitchen. Nick yelped as he suddenly swung downward when Cassie dropped her hand to her side, his leg still pinched between her fingers.
Once she was in the kitchen, Cassie stomped over to the miscellaneous utility drawer to grab the emergency bathroom key, then quickly stomped back to the bathroom to unlock the door, cursing under her breath at how difficult it was to get the door open with her tiny husband in one hand. Once inside, Cassie quickly set the key down on the sink, threw back the shower curtain, and turned off the faucet.
“Alright, you little bug!” she said, holding Nick up to her face again so she could hear him, “Now, just how long WERE you stuck to my foot, huh? Have you just been running around the apartment willy nilly while I was outside getting the mail?!”
“NO, CASSIE!” Nick squeaked desperately, trying to explain himself. “I WAS TRYING TO GET TO OUT OF THE BATHROOM BEFORE I SHRANK TOO SMALL, BUT...BUT AS SOON AS I GOT UNDER THE DOOR, YOU...YOU DIDN’T SEE ME! THEN, YOU WENT OUTSIDE AND...
“Wait!” Cassie interrupted him again, “You...You we’re stuck to foot the WHOLE TIME?! And when I was talking to...You heard every...UGH! And to think, I actually felt SORRY for you! I...I actually FUCKED you last night!
“GOD, DAMN IT, NICK!” Cassie squealed angrily, tears in her eyes. “THAT’S IT! I’VE HAD IT! I’M DONE! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE! YOUR GONE! FINISHED! HISTORY!”
“NO, CASSIE! PLEASE DON’T—AAAAACK!”
Cassie swung around quickly, dangling her tiny husband over the toilet.
“I SHOULD JUST DROP YOU IN AND FLUSH YOU RIGHT NOW!” she threatened.
“NO, CASSIE!” Nick squeaked frantically, seeing the gargantuan toilet bowl below, “PLEASE! DON’T DO IT! I’M BEGGING YOU!”
“You know what?” Cassie said, bringing him back in front of her face, “I’ve got a better idea!”
Cassie dropped her hand, grabbed the bathroom key, and stomped back towards the kitchen, Nick still dangling helplessly from her fingers. She frustratedly tossed the key back into the utility drawer, but before slamming it shut, she pulled out a small container of scotch tape, then headed back into the living room, stopping at the ottoman and bringing him up to her face again.
“C-CASSIE, PLEASE!” Nick squeaked. “DON’T HURT ME! THIS WAS AN ACCIDENT! I SWEAR!”
“You might as well stop, Nick!” Cassie spat. “I’ve already made up my mind! As far as I’m concerned, you and I are through! I’m serious! Once you’re big enough, you’re packing your bags, and getting the HELL out! I don’t care if I ever see you again! And until then…”
Cassie immediately sat down hard on the ottoman, flipping her right foot over and resting it on the edge. Next, she set the tape dispenser down and quickly tore off a small piece from the roll with her free hand.
“Cassie, please,” Nick begged, “What’re you—AAAH!”
Nick yelped as Cassie suddenly flipped his whole body up between her fingers and placed him face-down against her overturned sole.
“CASSIE, STOP!” Nick pleaded, struggling against her hand. “PLEASE! DON’T DO THIS!”
Cassie completely ignored her tiny husband’s pleas for mercy, holding him firmly against her wrinkled sole as she spread the piece of tape across the middle of his back. Nick squeaked unintelligibly, and wiggled frantically to free himself as Cassie quickly tore off another piece.
“Stop squirming, Nick,” she commanded as she placed the second strip across his legs, “or I might just reconsider not squashing you!”
With extreme determination, Cassie deliberately tore off the last piece of tape, and slowly moved it towards Nick’s head.
“CASSIE, NO! PLEASE! CASSmrm!”
Cassie firmly applied the last strip of tape across Nick’s tiny head, pushing his face firmly into her flesh, completely muffling his protests.
“There!” she said, running her hand across her sole, making sure the tiny man was good and stuck, “THAT aught to keep you out of trouble!”
Cassie watched with sadistic glee as Nick wiggled frantically beneath the clear tape on her foot, struggling to free himself, shouted muffled pleas for mercy, but the tape held fast.
Nick wasn’t going anywhere.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Unfortunately for Nick, the next several hours passed excruciatingly slowly. Cassie ended up spending the rest of the morning on the sofa, working on her computer, with her feet kicked up on the ottoman, and Nick firmly taped to her sole. Occasionally, she’d shuffle them about, rubbing one sole across the top of her other foot, and even pressing her soles against the corner of the firm cushion. Nick couldn’t tell if Cassie was doing it on purpose, or absentmindedly; all he knew was that each time he managed to loosen the tape holding him to his wife’s giant foot, she would either rub her hand over his back, or press her sole firmly against the ottoman, thwarting his efforts to free himself, and putting him through endless torture.
And Nick ended up spending far more time plastered to Cassie’s sole than he wanted to, not that he wanted to at all. His regrowth this time was agonizingly slow: it took him over an hour just to grow to one inch tall, and another two before he was even strong enough to push his face out from against her foot flesh.
Cassie, however, seemed bound and determined to keep him stuck to her foot for as long she could, and with each of Nick’s growth spurts, she simply kept applying and reapplying new strips of tape, prolonging her husband’s torture.
By the early afternoon, however, Nick had outgrown Cassie’s foot, but his plight was far from over. Seeing as he wasn’t large enough to pack his bags and leave the apartment yet, she begrudgingly peeled him off her sole, thinking over what she should do with him in the meantime.
“Cassie, please,” Nick begged, his upper and lower torso completely enclosed within his wife’s fist. “I can’t take anymore!”
“Shut up so I can think, you worthless, little man!” Cassie spat, scanning the living room. “Humpf! Not even big enough to pack your own clothes and leave yet. You’re useless, Nick! You hear me?! Completely useless!”
“Cassie, please,” he squeaked tearfully. “You HAVE to give me another chance!”
“I’m DONE giving you chances!” she replied harshly, standing up from the sofa. “Now, what to do with you in the meantime?”
Cassie honestly couldn’t come up with anywhere she could put Nick to keep him out of trouble, he was too big to keep in a jar, yet too small to be restrained or imprisoned anywhere else.
“Hmph!” Cassie shrugged, rolling her eyes. “Oh well.”
Cassie practically slammed Nick onto the couch cushion, quickly turning around and lowering her ass back down onto the sofa.
“CASSIE, NOOOO—!”
Cassie’s ass hit the cushion, cutting off Nick’s cries for help, though she could still hear his muffled screams beneath her. She started hopping up and down on the cushion, and grinding her ass into the couch, causing Nick to scream even louder as he wiggled frantically beneath her asscheeks.
“Stop squirming, Nick!” she demanded, grabbing her computer and setting it back into her lap.
Nick, however, wasn’t giving up. He kept struggling beneath her ass, refusing to give Cassie a moment’s peace.
“Nick! I said, ‘STOP SQUIRMING’....RIGHT NOW!”
“Cmrsmrm, ymm gimnt brtch! Gmt ymurm fmt assm umpf mrm!” Nick shouted in muffled curses.
“Alright, little man!” Cassie said angrily. “You asked for it!”
Cassie strained for a moment, then let out a fart SO strong that it actually reverberated throughout the whole couch.
Nick screamed bloody murder; the stench was absolutely unbearable! The toxic fumes utterly depleted his meager oxygen supply, and he could feel himself suffocating...

Cassie did her best to keep her ass plastered to the couch cushion; she didn’t care how loud Nick screamed, nor how much he struggled: she wasn’t getting up.
A few moments after evacuating her bowels, she felt Nick’s struggles begin to slow and weaken, eventually diminishing to nothing.
“Hmph! Serves you right, Nick! Hell, for all I know, you’re probably enjoying this. Well, enjoy it while you can, little man, because I guarantee you, you’re NEVER gonna be touching my ass EVER again!”

——————————————————————————————————————————

“So....you really kicked him out?” Jenny asked concernedly to her friend across the table in the opposite booth, her hands folded in her lap.
“Yeah,” Cassie nodded somberly, shifting her gaze from Jenny’s face to the condensation on the outside of her glass the waitress had set on the table a few minutes beforehand. “I just couldn’t take the stress anymore.”
“But....after all we talked about this morning, how could things have gone from you feeling sorry for Nick to throwing him out in just one afternoon?!”
“Like I said, Jen,” Cassie replied, shaking her head, “it’s really complicated.”
“But don’t you think you should at least give him another chance?!” Jenny sighed, shaking her head.
“I can’t, Jen,” Cassie replied, shaking her head. “At least....not right now.”
Jenny sighed and curled her lips, trying to find the right words she wanted to say without sounding like a know-it-all.
“Cassie, look,” Jenny began, “I know it’s none of my business, but given all of the stress you told me Nick’s been under lately, don’t you think that maybe you were too hard on him? Couldn’t, you know, give him a little slack?”
“Jen, I know you mean well, but it’s just not that simple,” Cassie tried explaining, not wanting to give too much of the truth away. “If I take him back, and things don’t change....I could...I might end up really hurting him....or worse...”
“I-I’m sorry, Cassie,” Jenny apologized, shaking her head with confusion. “I guess I just don’t understand.”
“Like I said, Jen,” Cassie repeated herself, coming full circle, “it’s complicated. All I can say is, for my own sanity, I just can’t have him in the apartment right now. Not with everything going on with him. Until he can get his life under control, I just can’t have him around.”
Jenny sighed sympathetically, collapsing in her seat, trying to come up with another idea to comfort her melancholy friend.

Nick was lost in thought, looking like a sad puppy as he stared blankly at the whiskey sour on the table in front of him, wishing he was someone....ANYONE else at that moment. Cassie probably would’ve scolded him for spending the night in a hotel, but he was able to get his room surprisingly cheep, especially for booking at the last minute. Besides, he needed to be comfortable this particular evening, to say nothing about having other things on his mind.
The small, intimate, hotel bar wasn’t exactly bustling with customers: there was a couple drinking some cocktails and enjoying each other’s company at one of the small, round tables behind him, along with three, twenty-something, female friends sitting next to each other at the corner of the bar, chatting away, their feet propped up on the wooden step beneath their stools.
As he sipped his drink in silence, Nick kept staring at the tallest girl of the bunch out the corner of his eye, admiring her reddish-brown hair, her lightly-freckled face, and her flip-flop clad feet shuffling about on the bar step. He pictured himself being shrunk and stuck between two of her dark-red-painted toes wiggling nonchalantly, or trapped upon one of her flip-flops beneath her huge, wrinkled sole, wishing she’d stomp down and squash his tiny body like an insignificant little bug, ending his suffering.
Of course, Nick didn’t REALLY want to be squished, though he wasn’t really sure WHAT he wanted to happen: part of him wished he were left alone, sulking with his thoughts, and the other part wished one of those girls would feel sorry for him and offer to buy him a drink and hear his story, perhaps even give him some much-needed company for the evening. Nick knew better, however. Those girls weren’t going to show even the slightest interest is someone like him, and he was far too shy, and felt too guilty to go over and introduce himself.
Soon, the couple behind him got up and left the room, walking side by side, chatting casually as they presumably headed back to their room, leaving Nick silently wishing that that could’ve been he and Cassie, or at least him with that other woman. He envied them; they had no idea how lucky they were to have one another, not to mention not having to worry about accidentally shrinking themselves, nor learning how to control it, for that matter.
Nick, on the other hand, DID have to worry about his uncontrolled shrinking. How long would it take him to gain control, to learn to grow on command, and how long would it be until he could go home again? With nowhere else to go, no real friends to stay with, and no real family left in the world, he’d be stuck living seedy motels until he could go home, and who knew how long THAT would be!
Nick quickly downed the rest of his drink, opting to drown his sorrows for the night.

“So....what are you gonna do now?” Jenny asked, shrugging with confusion, “I mean, are you two just gonna stay separated for a bit?”
“I honestly don’t know,” Cassie said tearfully, trying to keep herself from crying. “We’ll just have to see where things go from here.”
“Well, do you think counseling might help?” Jenny inquired. “I’m sure you can find one who can help the two of you get through this!”
“Unfortunately, I don’t think COUNSELING will help, Jen,” Cassie sighed dejectedly. “It’d be....a little difficult to work through what WE’RE going through.”

Nick stared blankly at the window as he lay prostrate on the bed in his hotel room, the TV blaring in the background. The curtains had already been drawn for the evening, and the depression he felt made him so tired he could honestly close his eyes and fall asleep at any moment. Of course, it also didn’t help that the three whiskey sours he’d had less than an hour earlier had given him quite the buzz.
His eyes quickly fell upon his bag sitting on the ottoman in front of the lounge chair over in the corner of his room, still packed full of clothes, and sad, upsetting memories.
Earlier that afternoon, before he’d even regained half his height, Cassie had literally thrown it half-full of hastily packed clothes into his arms, knocking Nick down onto his butt.
“Here!” she yelled. “Pack it and get the fuck out!”
“But Cass, I can barely reach the drawers,” Nick protested, motioning to his 3-foot frame, “and besides, I-I can’t leave like THIS! What if people SEE ME?!”
“You should’ve thought about that before you SHRUNK yourself again!”
“Cassie, I TOLD you, I CAN’T CONTROL IT!”
“I don’t care, Nick! You’re out, and that’s FINAL!”
Thankfully, it took Nick long enough to pack his toiletries and a week’s worth of clothes into his duffle bag and a small suitcase that he’d regained most of his height before actually leaving the apartment early that evening. No one even noticed he wasn’t his full 6-foot tall as he packed his car and drove away, and they probably wouldn’t have unless they’d examined him close up.
Now, Nick stared intently at his duffle bag as it sat motionless, taunting him with its contents, for also packed within it, besides his clothes, was his book: the very book that taught him how to shrink himself; the very book that Cassie had confiscated and hid from him, then tossed into his bag right before she kicked him out their apartment for good...the very book that had caused ALL of his problems. What he had learned from that cursed book had allowed him to fulfill his deepest desires, live out his wildest dreams, AND had turned his life into a living nightmare. He had gained a precious power, and that power had cost him his marriage.
But as much as he resented it, that book was also his only salvation, the only way to regain control of his powers, to find a way to repair the damage that had been done, and to win back the woman that he loved.
Nick bit his lower lip, thinking very carefully over what he was about to do; then, he slowly rolled off the bed, headed over to his bag, unzipped and opened the top, and quickly pulled out the book. He was determined to find a way to control his power, and there was no time like the present to start!

“Cassie, you’ve gotta come clean with me,” Jenny urged, “WHAT is going on between you and Nick?”
“Jen, I’m begging you. Please, just let it go!”
“Cassie, I CAN’T let it go. I have to know: WHY has Nick been so stressed lately? HOW did all of this happen?! I know you don’t wanna talk about it, but please, I’m your friend: just TALK to me! There’s nothing you could say that I haven’t heard before!”
“Trust me, Jen,” Cassie replied sincerely, taking a huge swig from her second strawberry daiquiri of the night, “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you!”
“Try me!” Jenny begged.
At first, Cassie said nothing, not wanting to look her friend in the eye.
Then, Cassie slowly lifted her head; the two girls’ eyes met. Cassie saw genuine concern from the young woman sitting across fro her. She so desperately needed to vent to someone, to confide her secrets to a friend, and get everything out into the open.
Cassie bit her lip apprehensively, holding back her mouth until her brain could formulate the exact sequence of words she needed. She cautiously peered around the room, making sure they wouldn’t be overheard by prying ears; then, she closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and begin speaking…

Nick sat Indian-style on the bed, quickly pouring over the pages of the book, reading and rereading each passage intensely, hoping to find something he’d overlooked before, perhaps something he’d just dismissed....literally ANYTHING that could fix his troubles. Unfortunately, the more Nick read, the more he realized he was just rereading the same passages over and over again.
He wasn’t getting anywhere this way. The time for reading was done; now was the time for action!
Nick hustled over to the hotel room’s door, quietly hanging the “DO NOT DISTURB” sign on the outer doorknob, then locked and dead-bolted the door securely. For his plan to work, and to make sure he wasn’t just re-expanding naturally, Nick would need to shrink himself to a small enough size—about an inch or so—to ensure that any sudden re-expansion was HIS doing, and not natural. He ALSO wanted to make sure that if something, ANYTHING, went wrong, he’d at least be somewhat isolated and relatively safe. The LAST thing he wanted was to still be shrunk in the morning and have some absent-minded hotel maid to burst into his room unannounced and accidentally step on him, or suck him up with the vacuum cleaner, or something.
As he sat on the bed again, he turned the TV off, setting the remote over on the nightstand. He felt it best to eliminate ALL distractions in order to concentrate, and although he hated the thought of being stuck small with nothing to do, he didn’t want any reasons to procrastinate or get him off task.
Nick closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and began concentrating. Tonight, and EVERY night for as long as it took, he was going to repeat the same exercise: shrink himself tiny, then attempt to re-expand himself at will. He didn’t care if it took him weeks, months, or even years, Nick was going to gain full control over his power. Come hell or high water, he was going to win Cassie back!